Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, October 29, 2012

29 october 2012::


お母さん、
Thanks for the Email. I really enjoied it alot. I also enjoied the Newletter. Except i told like to be said as getting trunky. I am excited to come home, yes. But i am very sad to be leaving japan. It is actually scary thought of going back. It is like you and dad coming ot Jpana. You are nervous and dont know what to expect, i am the same way about going to Amerika. I have no clue what to expect and i am nervous. I also love japan and the language. I dont want to loose it at all. But your emails are making me trunky. The location of the Hotel you got couldnt be any better. It is right next to Shinjuku Sta. and it just so happens to be one of the biggest train sta. in Japan. Not only htat, but Shinjuku is a very nice place. And on top of that, we can get about anywhere we need to go within 1.5 hours from Shinjuku sta. And about the beds, i am fine with sleeping on the floor. THat is what i have been doing for the past 1.7 years. haha. No beds for me. What are some things you want to do. For sure i want to: Go to the temple with you, visit Yamate, Visit Recent Converts, Go to Shibuya, Asukusa, and Ueno, i also want to introduce you guys to any companions that i will still be in the mission when you come. But those are my ideas. Do you need me to plan everything? Let me know so i can start now. I am way excited.  But ya, your emails get me so many mixed emotions. It sucks. haha.
 
So my week was super hard. I definately feel that it was a humbling week for me. Let me tell you why.  Recently i have been thinking i am pretty good at finding people to teach and finding new gators. The past 3 weeks me and elder call have only found 3 new gators. This past week we didnt find any. It was super hard. We didnt teach any lessons at all. We didnt meet with any gators at all. It sucked. Every day was a white day filled with contacting people. I dont mind going out and talking to people but it makes me super frustrated when i try to share somethin that is dear to my heart to a poeple that i love and they dont listen. I hate it. I really felt bad for elder call too. It was super hard on him. But like i said, i think God was just telling me htat it is him that leads people to our path and it is through God that we find new people. I also felt like God was testing our patience and how dedicated we are to the work. I know elders where if it gets hard, they stop working hard. The only time i stop working hard, is when i am mad becasue people can tell you arent sincere and the spirit isnt there. So i take a break. I had to do that on Friday because Elder Call wouldnt lead, people werent listening, and it was way cold. But i took the break, got cooled down nad then started back up. It was way bad though. My bucket of water was dumped. Towards the end of the week, we did eat the fruit of our labors though. On tuesday we talked to a way cool family about the Gospel, gave them a book of mormon and invited them to our ward primary halloween party. They came and had a blast. They couldnt come to church becasue of rain though. But now we have a strong relationship and room to work. On wednesday, the last guy we talked to said he was interested in coming to the Halloween Party with his fmaily, which he did. We were able to do the same thing with him, but he came to church. He wants to meet with us sometime this week too to talk more about church stuff. Sunday couldnt of been a better day for a young father to come to church, it was all abvout eternal families. It was great and left a strong impression on him. I felt that this past week was a huge humbling expierence to me. I agian htat this is Gods work and he is leading it. So i hate going and finding all day, so yesterday i fasted taht i would have the Spirit to direct me where to go to find those you are ready so i dont have to do so much finding. I think God is pretty happy that i learned my lesson, again.  So that is where i am at. Humbled, ready for the Spirit and ready to work hard. I know in order to have the spirit more fully, i have to be on my best. So that is what i am going to do. Me getting towards the end of my mission isnt helping at all haha. When i read your emails, i get trunky then start thinking aobut home, then loose my focus, talke with my comp aobut it, and all that stuff. It is way hard not to talk aobut home when i am so close. But i am going to try my hardest. I know these things are unavoidable too. So ya. It is good to be excited, but not to let it distract me. That is my goal for now, not to let it distract me. I do love your emails though so please dont stop. I have a  some cool expireces i want share with you. On monday, i felt like a prophet form the Book of Mormn. We stopped 2 kids riding their bikes. Kids here are the worst to talk to. THey think they are all that and just mess with you. ANyways, we started talking to them and they jsut starting making fun of us and tryin to make us feel like we didnt know crap, well i showed him up. We blindsided them with the Gospel. I was confounding them all in Japanese. It was AWESOME!!!! At the end, they both accepted a Book of Mormon but didnt want to see us again. One of the kids i know will look us up again. He reminded me of Alma. ALl the preist were trying so hard to cross Abinadai except Alma, he was interested. That is what i felt aobut the one kid and that is how come i continued that convo. But it was fun to talk about afterward and i know elder Call enjoied it.
 
Do you remember back in January and February, when i was in Yamate, i taught a guy from Sendai who had lost his wife in the Tsunami? Well his lessons have been the most spiritual lessons i have ever been in on my mission. I have stayed in contact with him since February. Well i got an email from him stating he is going to be baptized on 4th Of November and that he wanted me to do the service. WHAT???!!!!!! Well after much prayer and planning, on this upcoming sunday, i am going to Sendai to baptize Abe. I am so excited. It is going to be way expensive though and i hope that i have enough for the trip. But how cool is that. I am leaving my mission. haha. Where he lives is called Tagajo. It is in Sendai and that is about 7 hour bus ride. It is oging to be a blast. I am way excited. It will be a great re-unioun and a very spiritual baptismal service. He wants to come to Tokyo when i leave Japan to meet you guys and i was thinking since he is coming to Tokyo we could do baptisms for the dead when he comes for the first time. How cool would that be???? I am way excited about it. But ya. Way exciting right?
 
Ya i am doing way good. On Saturday i sang a solo in a music festival that we had. Everyone loved it and it was fun. On Sunday i was the translator for Sacrament meeting. That was interesting but way fun. Hopefully i do good when you guys come. I could still use prayers for my japanese. I want to get as good as i can. I could also use prayers that we will find those who are ready. I love you mom and dad. I am thankful for all taht you do. I am so excieted for you guys to come here ot my territory. haaha. It will be a blast. I love having people that know nothing about where they are at. It will be so much fun. You are both going to be so suprised. haha. It will be so fun. I promise. YOuwill really like it. I got to go, but i love you both so much. Talk to you soon.

Love ya~

No comments:

Post a Comment