Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, November 5, 2012

05 November 2012::

 
Man that is a bummer about the house. I am sorry for that, but the only thing i would have to say is the Lord destroys the old stuff to bring in the better and newer stuff. But i am sorry. That sucks. It seems like you all had a busy week though! That's way cool that Kamas and Brie are having a baby boy. I thought they would have a girl first. Guess I was wrong. Tell them congrats!!!  My week was pretty normal up until Saturday night. Oh, I want to tell you that i broke my land record. On Tuesday I ran 5.4 kilometers in 20 minutes and 44 seconds. That is way fast. That is over 3 miles in under 21 minutes. I am in way good shape. haha. I am super tired right now from my trip but i want to tell you about it. The rest of my week was okay. We still haven't found a new investigator and we had another week of just finding with no success. But we are moving forward with faith expecting all will be well, because all is well in Zion.
 
Anyways, on Saturday night i got on a bus at 10:00 at night and rode 7 hours north to a place called Ishinomaki. It was a long bus ride. I didnt sleep to much because of excitement of leaving my mission and going to go baptize someone.  It was super pretty though. I could actually see the stars and everything. It was really neat. The branch up there had about 25 solid members and they were all so strong. It really touched me to see that. Ishinomaki is actually the very spot where the Tsunami hit. They had to rebuild everything. But it looked really good there. You couldn't even tell. The only person i think that would of been able to tell is Uncle Wayne. Yup that is right. I met alot of members who knew uncle Wayne when he was there. I told them i was Elder Ban Di and they all said that about 40 years ago there was a taller elder but with the same name and from California. Some of the names are "Watanabe Shoji" and "Date" . How cool is that? I got to meet some of the people who knew Uncle Wayne when he was a missionary over 40 years ago. It was super cool. But the main purpose I was up there for was to baptize Abe. The service was incredible. It was really neat to see all the support of everyone. The Ishinomaki branch building doesn't have a font so we had to go 1 hour by car to a place called Tagajo. It was there that I baptized him. He gave an awesome testimony and i know that he will be a solid member here in Japan and that his family will one day get baptized too. He wants to come to Tokyo when you do so he can meet the both of you. So i am going to try to go to the temple with him when you are here. After the baptism we went back to Ishinomaki to have dinner and get on our bus home. We left Sunday night at 10pm and got back to Yokohama at 7 in the morning and I didn't get back to my area until 10am. The bus ride home was good but i had a hard time sleeping on the bus. SO i am very very tired right now. But it was such a good weekend i might say. I attached a pic so you can see. I am glad that i went up to do that. It meant so much to him and everybody up there. They all knew my name and everything and were very excited to see me. But ya.
 
SO that is about my news for the week. I am doing pretty good. This week was much more focused but still not the results i wanted. I felt bad for my comp over the weekend. He stayed with an Elder that he didn't like and actually threatened him if he didn't dendo. My comp is pretty big and that elder is pretty small. I just cant believe some people and the way they think. Oh well, one day they will learn their lesson. But he is excited to be back with me, I can tell. I love you mom and dad. You guys are the best. I appreciate all that you do. I really do. I cant wait to see you when you come, it will be a blast but I have no clue what we are going to do. I still have to think about That. haha. I will figure something out. In the meantime, I could use some prayers to be lead by the spirit in finding those who are ready to hear the message of Christ. That would be awesome. I am getting tired of just going out day after day and not finding them. I know the miracle is close. Thanks. You guys have a great week and know you are in my prayers. I go to the temple next week so my p-day will be on Tuesday. Yup. I love ya.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment