Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

09 october 2012::


So i am pretty sure you are just so excited to hear about my new calling here in Japan. Well, i have been called as a . . . . . . .
joking. I am not goin to telly you yet. I want you to quess first. I am sorry. Just know it is out of love. I am sure you will be pleased to hear about my week though.
 
We had a very fast week. I was telling dad i am super suprised on how time just goes by so fast. I mean it is October 9. I have been on my mission for 1 year and 7 months now. In 2 days from now, i will have 4 months exactly till i will be able to be released as a missionary. Isnt that fast. It is so crazy to think aobut. I hope that everyone  is getting prepared for me to come home. Thanks so much for sending me the prescription stufff. It helped out alot. I bought a new pair today and it cost about 150000yen. That is about 150 bucks. I really needed them though. I was going to ask if you could get an appointment for me to go to the eye doctors to get another prescription. I feel my eyes have gotten worse. When i get home i also want to go to the dentist and orthadontist to make sure my teeth are good. I gotta look good for the ladies when i come home you know. haha. But i seriously want to make sure everything is ok. My retainer has come off 2 times since being in Japan. So i need to get it checked.
 
I am sure you want to hear aobut my week for realz now. OK. So this week it rained at least 5 days. I dont like the rain. It sucks. It makes everyhting difficult. But my attitude has changed towards it. So i guess it is ok. This week we had tons of District Meetings and Distritct Lunches that means i had to spend alot of money. It is worth it though. Being around the missionaries is a really fun thing. SOmething way funny happened at one of them. We went to Wendys (better than America by far) for distrcit lunch in a super expensive place called Roppongi. Anyways, Roppongi is also known for all its clubs and stuff at night. Well while eating lunch, i noticed a kinda sketchy dressed girl sitting at a table across from us lookin at us via her iPhone camera. Well she got up and went down stairs. As we were all leaving, i was filling up my cup getting a drink. I noticed the girl get out her phone and then put the camera on me and take a picture of me. It was really weird because after she took the picture, she looked at me up and down and then smiled. It was kinda funny. Japan is really messed up with sexual stuff.They just dont think it is a bad thing here. Sometimes as a missionary it is really funny but alot of the time it is disturbing and sad. Funny because they fall all over you. But i thought that instance was pretty funny. I have had my picture taken so many times. It is funny. This week i also ran to Tokyo Tower from the Shibuya Apartmetn. It was a bout an hour run. It was good. I did it in my church shoes. haha. I am a beast. My gators are doing way well. Ryutaro wants to be baptized but has work on Sunday and cant make it. So we are post-poning it until he can get some time off. Pray that he can get a new job. Soko, came back from China yesterday and was able to talk to his fiancee about Christianity and have her beilieve it is a good thing. So he should be getting baptized soon. Yoshy is still sick and cant meet. He really wants too but is to sick. Pray that he will get bette.r
 
I want to tell you about a lesson we had with an investigator on Friday. We havent met with him in 2 weeks but he is a Jospeh Smith type of Person. His name is Masaki. He has had the oppurtunity to be baptized 5 times but has denied 5 times becasue he hasnt felt it was right. Well he stopped talking to us for about 2 weeks but we got a lesson with him. During the lesson, we were able to testify aobut how we came to know of the truthfulness of the Gospel and how much it means to each of us and how much it will mean to him if he accpets and believes. I know that he felt the Spirit because he started to cry during the lesson. He really expressed some deep things to us that mean alot to him. I know he will be abaptized too. He is a great person and i really like him alot. If you can pray that he will find his answer that would be great. He is awesome.
 
Yesterday i was able to go with SUgaya, recent convert, to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. It was way cool. It was Stake Temple day and there was over 50 youth there. I love seeing that much youth in the Temple. Especially Japanese youth. It is amazing. Because there was so many present i didnt get to see him be baptized. I had to go back but i know he ahd a greta time.
 
SO i am sure you are still wondering about transfers. OK. I will tell you. So my companion got transfered to my bean area, Shibuya. I am still in Urayasu but i dont know who my companion is yet. I was made a TRAINER again. How cool is that? I am going to train another missionary. I meet him tomorrow. I am way stoked and happy for this calling. Training Elder Chen was way fun. This time i am getting an american. It should be super fun. Ill need your prayers so i can do my best. I fasted this past sunday for it. I hope i will do great. I will be with him for at least 2 transfers. That means 5 transfers in Urayasu!!! I love this area so that is ok with me.
 
Yup that was my week. It was pretty good and fast. This week will be super fast too. I am sure of it. Ill be emailing you before you know it. I am sure you are way stoked to come to Japan. Dont be nervous. You will love it here. It is a great place. I dont have any money now because i had to buy those glasses but they were way needed. So iget them next week and i am super excited to get them. I love you so much mom. I am glad that you had a great week and are doing well. It really pleases me. I am way excited to hear from you guys and to see you all again. I cant believe thta is 4 months away. So CRAZY!!! Be prepared to PARTY!!! I got to go but i love ya and appreciate all that you do. Have a great week. Keep Moving Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment