Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, October 22, 2012

22 october 2012::

Ha, I got ya. I am not AP. I sent you the serious email. I am a TRAINER!!! Looks like i got ya both. Score for me. hahaha. I am so good. Anyways, ya i am training again and let me tell you it is the best. I dont have a taiwanese person, korean person, or any other country. My bean is from Spanish Fork, Utah. He is 6'2" and 260lbs. He has my color hair, played lacrosse for 4 years, and is AWESOME!!! His name is Elder Call. This first week has been super fun with him. ACtually, their are 2 brand new missionaries in the apartment i live in. ANother elder is training too. This is super rare. 2 beans in one area. It has never been done in my mission before. So we have a lot of trust. But it is suepr fun to watch their reactions to all of the stuff that we give them. It is SO FUNNY!!! It makes me me even more excited for when you and dad come. I can just imagine your reactions to these same things. It will be great. But ya. It is way fun. I hope that i can do a great job in training him. I know it will have a huge impact on his mission. SO please pray that i will do good and taht we will be more of brothers not companions.
 
So about the investigators, well do you remember Soko who went to China? We had a lesson with him on Saturday to see how is trip went and everything. HE told us that he told his fiancee aobut Christ Gospel and everything and she agreed but was still against him being baptized. Then he looked at us and said "But on the 21 of this month, i will be baptized.". SO he is going to be baptized next sunday night. He has asked that i do it. He told us he is 31 and can make his own descions and what not. Then a member came to us after his interview yesterday and asked if we knew why he made the descion to get baptized. SHe then told us his reason was because of the way that i looked. He said everytime he met me, i had a special light around me and i was so dedicated to hlep him. He continued to say that he could feel my love for him and everytihgn. How cool is that? That is like the 3rd time that has happened to me on my mission. Being an example is so important. But i am really glad that he noticed. I really did try so hard. I fasted for him almost every sunday. Yesterday i fasted for him too. I am so glad that i did all those things. He will be a great member and i am excited for him. He asked that i baptize him.
 
My other gator, Ryutaro, asked his boss for work off on this upcoming sunday to be baptized but his boss went bizzare on him and told him how religion is bad and didnt give him the day off. But we have a night session so we are still going to try and get him baptized. The bishop says he wants to do the night session once a month and if that is the case, Ryutaro can get the sacrament once a month which is the standard to be able to be baptized. He has another problem though that i am worried aobut and i fasted about yesterday as well. It is with the Word of Wisdom. He doesnt drink by himself but when he goes out with friends he doesnt know how to say no to the offer. He has the desire to quit and be baptized but doesnt know how to say no to his friends. Hopefully we can help him alot. He just needs to set his standards and that is waht we told him. Please pray for him.
 
Our other investigators are doing super well too. Masaki is golden and is progressing way well. We are meeting him today and going to dinner. THen there is Kazuki who just accepted a day to be baptized too. He is pretty golden. We gave him BOM a week ago and he has read from it everyday. So ya. WE taught him the Restoration yesterday and it was pretty funny. this is waht i said "When the Authority of God was taken from the earth when Christ died, the world became Korea.". I was trying to say " The world becamse lost and in darkness". Korea in japanese is kankoku and darkness is ankoku. YOu can see where i can mess up. THe only reason i knew i messed up was because Kazuki's face showed it. HE made a little smile and was laughing at me. It was pretty funny and embarrising. But oh well. I am sure it helped my bean to know that i aint perfect and still make mistakes.
 
So ya. I am doing way good. I am honestly being blessed right now. I hope taht it continues. We havent had time to find new gators and i am a bit worried aobut that. I really want to find some new friends so i am planning on doing finding alot this week. Can you pray that we will be able to find some? Also the other companinoship too? They have no investigators and i feel really bad for teh new bean inthe other comp. beacuse they havent taught a lesson and have no investigators. I really want to hlep them. That would be great.
 
Thanks for you email this week. I really enjoied it. Thanks for the package with garments and everythign. It will help so much. My garments are really yellow now and it is disgusting. Actually you might not want to read this but hte crotch part is actaually a brown from sweat and other stuff. Pretty grss uh? I realy need these new ones so thank you. Ya. i am happy and doing well. I am staying fit and healthy and trying my hardest. I cant wait to see all of you. I am so excited. It is kinda hard to stay focused actually. Less than 4 months. But having this new missinoary will hlep alot and i ma grateful for that. So ya. Thanks for the prayers, i really appreciate them. I could continue to use them. I really want to get as good as i can at japanese. I dont like making mistakes like the one i did. I feel that since i am on transfer 13 i need to be better but it is through mistakes that we learn. So it is whatever but i dont like making them. Makes me feel stupid. Well, I love you mom. I really do. You are the best ever. You are going to love it here in Japan. I promise you! I dont have much to say. So i quess ill go. I love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment