Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, December 5, 2011

05 December 2011

So ya, Christmas is right around the corner. Isnt that awesome. THings here for me too are piling up. I have so much on my plate. Yesterday we got a whole lot of things dumped onto us that will keep us busy. I am glad that you sent me my package. I am excited to get it. I heard Christiaan got his and already opened it. I was thinking about taht this morning while doing sit ups. If i was going to open it when i get it or wait til christmas. I dont know. I think i might. . .

So i am excited for you guys to go to Kendi's concert. I remember going to those. I really enjoied going to them and spending time with the family and getting some free good food. I cant believe that the rodeo is this week. WOW. Time has really gone by so fast. i remember so clearly last year and Kamas and Bug got sick and i had to give my 1st blessin in Las Vegas.Good times. I cant believe that it has gone by so fast. it sucks that Justin and Janalyn cant go. It would of been fun if they could of gone. BUt i am sure boo and Marilyn will have a blast too. I brag to people all the time about the rodeo adn how fun it is. i cant wait to go again.

I am so mad at bug!!! I want to be good at art like him and just get money like it is nothing. It would be an awesome talent to have. I am glad atht he made it home safely adn taht no one in the valley got killed. ANd that your car is safe!!!! I want some pictures to see some of Bugs art and see what he has done.

I am glad that dad made some good food. That sounds so good. I try to expirement with the food i got here. Everyone seems to liek it. I want to make some things taht dad does though. I really want to have some of dads good food. I miss it so much. But i enjoy the food that i get.

My week was awesome!! I went on splits twice. While i was on splits i really came to know that i like japan. There is alot of things here that i like. FOr example, in every food related item, they have the nutrition value of it. IT is really nice. But ya. It was super good. It rained pretty hard for 2 days straight though and it was the coldest days i have expirenced thus far. It was freezing. Saturday i went to a Lunch for a Peruvian half and her family. She wants her son to be baptized when he turns 8 in april but here is teh catch. She wants her husband ot be baptized on the smae day. It was awesome and we gave such a good lesson. The family was so loud and not japanese at all. IT was so much fun. BUt there was a problem, THey spoke Spanish and i dont. SO it was fun to hear spanish with japanese mingled in. I can definatley tell i have improved becasue i was looking for the moments when they spoke japanese.Hahaha it was fun and i loved it. I am learning quite a bit of spanish though. IT is fun. So yesterday at church i met a guy who knew another Elder Van De Graaff in the north mission. Uncle wayne served up in the north mission. I cant believe that i finally met someone who knew my uncle when he was a missionary. THat was kinda cool.

Dont worry mom. I have been thinking about christmas alot. I am so excited ot be where i am this year for christmas. It has such a different meaning to me than ever before. Ya, i really want a package but to tell the truth, i havent really focused on it. Since Christmas is on sunday, i really want to have a baptismal service. I really want to bring these peopel this wonderful message. Yersterday i bore my testimony and i felt the spirit so strong. I was telling them that everytime i am having a hard day and i go and try to tell the people about our church and Jesus Christ, i become Happy. THis work really makes me happy. I could feel the spirit tell me that that was true too. I cannot deny it. So i am way excited to be serving my mission on a christmas. THis year is going to be so fun. I am so excited. It is funny that you were talking about fear. TOdya i finished the Book of Mormon. In one of the last chapters it talks about perfect love casting out fear. Infact it is Moroni 8:16 when mormon is talking to his son about being bold. I thought to myslef that when i have perfect love, i will be bold and not be afraid to share with anyone about this gospel. IT is funny. I apply thta when i go streeting and housing. I will stop anyone. I dont care what they look like or who they are with. THey need thsi message. I am also so glad about your knowledge about me not going astray and having faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. IN Moroni 8 it, Mormon talks to Moroni and says "My Beloved son, MOroni ,I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you, and hath called you to his ministry and to his work. I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end." That is the 2nd and 3rd verse in Moroni 8. I know that you guys are praying for me and are so happy that i am here where i am. I wouldnt have it anyother way. I told you before and i will tellyou agian. I love my mission and i have told myself taht i will not come home. i love you so much. I am really excited for christmas to come and so i can call you. It is going to be AWESOME and EPIC!!!

Thank you for everything that you do for me mom. You really are awesome. DOnt kill yourself with all htat you have to do. Ill pray for you and your safety adn the safety of the family as well. I love all of you guys so much. I am so grateful that you are my family. For the christmas call. I will probably be calling you on YOUR Christmas day. So taht will be the 26th for me. I dont know what time yet. But this is how it is going to work. I will first call you on Skype. adn if the connection is bad and it isnt working, i will call you on the phone. I will let you guys on the further details when it gets closer. But i am for sure i will be calling on YOUR christmas. SO please let everyone including Nick Keels know so taht they can be there. I really cant wait. ITs going to be awesome. I love you so much and am so grateful for you. I hope that you have an awesome week adn taht you enjoi it. DOnt forgetme at the rodeo. haha. I cant wait til next week to talk to you again. God be with you always!!!!

Ai o Komete

No comments:

Post a Comment