Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

20 December 2011

Oh my goodness!! I dont know where to start this email. THere is so much going on and so much to say. I quesss i will just start by replying to your email first and then going from there.

SO no. I have not recieced your package and so therefore i have not opened it yet. I quess that is good cuz it would of been a huge temptation. I am glad taht you got a hold of Nick Keels. I love him so much and am super excited for this upcoming weekend. I think i will send him an email for sure to let him know what is going down.

Phone Call: So i really think your idea on the phone call is great. I will call you guys on Skype at 7:00PM, Christmas Day for you guys. That is my 11:00AM. In order for me to call you on Skype i need your skype address. So can you please give that to me? Or maybe you guys should call my skype address. That might be better for when you all are ready. My skype address is: yamatemissionaries100. Also if Skype is a HUGE fail, I need you guys to call me on my phone. Here is the extension and phone number:
ext. (011-81)080-2149-6158
I cant call you because it is super expensive so you have to call me first. but those are the numbers and things. I am also way excited to talk to you guys. oh i am exicted. It is going to be so much fun.
So your week sounds like it was pretty good. I am glad taht you went and got Kendi. I miss doing that actually. It sounds like so much fun to go to Tucson and pick her up. I am sure the food was super good to but i have to say wait until you eat some of the food that i have been making here. You will be so suprised and it willa be the best thing that you have ever eaten. I have become quite the chef here in Japan. I wish i could go to the parties with my older brothers but then agian i aint married yet so it would be pointless. You talking about movies and the theaters is way weird. when i read that i just wanted to go and i remember all the good times we had. I cant wait to do that agian. Cookies sound so good. I really want some right now but i have to watch it. We are getting fed so much right now. I have eaten so many sweets and sugary things than ever before. I cant wait to read your letter to. I want to talk to my old primary class. I loved them and loved working with them. Can you tell them i say hi? Mexican food sounds so flippin good right now. I miss Los Hermanos so much. I really want to go there agian. I cant wait til that day comes. Maybe when i come home. Thats a ways away though. It is scary aobut dad and his cancer. I hope that he doesnt have cancer anywehre else. I am happy they solved the problem early. Did you get a picture of how he looked. I would love to see them haha. How is being Cub Master? Do you still have hair left? hahaha How is Kelly and her kids doing? I hope they are all doing well. I love them so much. You made me laugh about Kellys tree and only half of it being decorated. HTat was super funny. Aunt Lynne sent me a package that had a Christmas tree in it. It Is way awesome. SO now i have a little christmas tree. I like it alot. I have been putting my presents under it. Haha

So i have not yet recieved the Christmas Card but i am suepr excited to get it. I want to use it as my family picture. I think it will be a good one. I am glad everyone likes it.

I cant believe this is goin to be Bugs last christmas before he goes on his mission. He doesnt leave for like a year. That is so crazy to be thinking about. Oh so weird. I am excited for him though. My mission party was super fun. All the zones had to play skits and stuff like that. Our skit was based on the Lessons and planting the seed of Faith. I got to play the devil in tempting the investigator. It was great fun. After that we had tons of food. SO much food. SO good. THen we had a Fireside from Kent Derricott. HE served here in Japan in the '70's and then became a TV star after his mission. SO he is super famous in Japan. It was good to hear him and listen to his advice. His daughter was in my MTC group too. My interview with president was good.He just asked me questions like if i was worthy, happy, and stuff like that. He then asked how he could help me. We talked about lovving ourselves too. He said taht he really thought about me when he was giving that training. That explains the last letter from him i sent you. I have realized that i have been out for almost one year. I ahve like 10 weeks before i hit that mark. It is so crazy mom. Time has been going by so fast lately. I am on my 6th transfer now. CRAZY. On christmas day, i will be in Japan for 7 months. Then on January 9th i will be on my mission for 10 months. it is so weird. Thinking about next christmas is just weird it is so far away. I dont want to think about it so i wont.

So my week since wednesday has been pretty full. I have had more all you can eats and more members and a very suprising weekend. THursday we had the christmas party which took all day and it was a blsast. I ahve a cool video of my skit i will be sending home soon. Friday was just a pretty normal day. Then saturday came. Saturday was transfer call day. 3 things happend. 1) i thought i was stayin in my area becasue i had only been there for 1 transfer but the Lord thinks differently. I have been moved to a place called Yamate. It is where the chruch 1st started in Japan. So that is way cool. I am walking whre Heber J. Grant did. I was super suprised. Yamate is also the Beverly Hills of Japan. SO my first area was Shibuya which is the New York of Japan and now i am in Yamate the Beverly hills of Japan. Ya. Here in Yamate is where they film all the Japanese movies. SO it is super rich. We have a really famous movie star in our ward. It is also the smallest area in my mission. I am way excited but kinda bumbed becasue i really liked my last ward. And christmas is my 1st sunday in the ward. I dont know anybody and dont have realationship with anybody so it could be a bit lonely. But it is just a day and i will have fun. It can be way fun if i make it fun which i am planning on doing. 2) I am with a transfer 4 missionary. I am the older missionary.That is really scary. I am only on transfer 6. My japanese isnt that good so i am scared about it a bit. I can really use the prayers. My new comp is Elder Crowther. He is from Sanford, Colorado. We are going to get along great. He played football, worked on a ranch and likes that kind of stuff, and we jsut have a bunch of stuff in common. He is by far the companion that i have had the most in common with. He is bigger than me but this morning i kicked his but in working out and running. Hahaha. It is going to be tons of fun though and i am way excited. He really has fire to do work and that is what i like. I am just a bit scared about hte language. and 3) I am the District Leader. What a christams gift, right? new area, new comp, and DL. I am way nervous about this one.Not only do i have to take care of a younger missionary but a whole district too. I am way scared. I have no clue what to do. I have never been in a position wher i have to train people on being missionaries. It is a huge resposiblity. I could really use some advice from my RM siblings. It is going to be a fun and hard transfer. I quess this is what i get for being with missionaries who have held only high postions. Everyone is saying next transfer i will be a Zone Leader. But how can they tell, That is 6 weeks away. I hope i gave all you guys a laugh and we can talk about it more on the phone.

Well, i sure love you mom. I really can use everyones prayers and all that jazz. I hope to have a wonderful christmas. I have been loving it out here. Yesterday a missionary asked me if i was excited to call my family. Of course i am but i hadnt really thoguht about it. I have been having so much fun doing work and telling people why christmas is important. I havent really htought at all about what is going on at home. I love you guys with all my heart but i fully committed myself to my misison. So in result i have faith that you guys are doing well and dont think about you as often as i did. Sunday i felt a real spirit of Christmas and of love. We went to give a blessing to a lady who has a part member family. I think i told you about them already.They are peruvian. Anyway, they are moving so they wanted us to give the mom a blessing becasue seh was having internal problems. I anointed her and then my comp gave her a blessing in spanish. I could feel the spirit and knew it was good. She was crying also. After the blessing we were talking about her sons baptism and she told us tht he wasnt the only one to be getting baptism and then looked at her husband. THen her husband a nonmember told us that he is going to get baptised when his son does. It was amazing. I just thought about all the poepel that i ahve been able to help that have recieved baptism. Even though i didnt baptize them, i helped them and broughtr them to Christ. Of course i would love to say i baptized someone, but if i dont, saying that so and so number of poeple got baptized taht i got to teach is awesome and that is what matters. How many poeple you HELPED come unto christ. I love this gospel. I love my mission. I love my family and the covenants we have made to be together forever. I cant wait to talk to you all. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment