Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, September 26, 2011

26 august 2011

Man it sounds like you had a way busy week going all over. Sounds like me when i have ot go to Tokyo or to the Hombu. Anyways, I am glad that you had a good safe week.

I was telling dad something funny. You had to give a talk on Sunday, and So did I. Hahaha! Can you believe that? I found out on Friday to talk about how families can strengthen each other. I really talked about Kess and Kamas and You and how you guys have helped me so much. I am glad that both of our talks have turned out for the better. Dad said that your talk was super good. I am happy. You should send me a copy.

I am so happy that Bug started too. When I read that in dads email, I got a really really good feeling. I am so glad that he stuck it out and actually got to play. I am so happy for him. I really am. That is mecha awesome. I am sure he did super well, too. To bad the rest of the team sucks. But bug should be able to stick out the rest of the season.

How was Kendis birthday? How did she like my card? I hope that she had a great day. It sure sounds like she had a wonderful day.

It sucks that you have to go to surgery again. You are starting to sound like me and always being injured and have some sort of problems, haha. Just messing with you. But I hope that your surgery will go well. I will pray for you and your well being.

I haven't looked at the pictures of Kamas or Bug but I am way excited to look at them. I wanted to get you this email off first. I am glad that everyone is doing good and enjoyed their weeks. Mine was pretty chill.

Wednesday - In the apartment all day because of a typhoon that came straight through our mission. It was a way boring day but I got to read a lot from "Our Search For Happiness". It was good.

Thursday - We went down to Kisarazu to do another dendo blitz. It started raining on us though, and it was super ineffective for the stuff that I did. I was streeting form 3-5 and then a kubarikai from 5-7. It was fun to work and talk with other missionaries though. It really lightens up on the stress.

Friday - We went and played tennis with the Bishop and his wife. He then took us to go see a Potential Gator. I also had a very good lesson with Matsumoto. We taught him about faith and watched "Finding Faith in Christ". It was super good and he told us an awesome experience he had with prayer when he was 20. It was a pretty good day.

Saturday - We got transfer calls. I didn't transfer. I am still in Narita. But my companion was made AP, so he spent the day packing and I cleaned the apartment. We went to this really good resturant, too. The type of food is called Yakiniku. It's thin pieces of meat that you grill. It was an all you can eat place, too. I was in heaven and ate so much meat. Everyone in the store looked at me funny but I didn't care because I was able to eat as much meat as I wanted. It was so good. The first time I have had real meat since I left on my mission. It is by far my favorite kind of food in Japan. It was just like eating steak at home. So good. We then had to do other stuff outside our area.

Sunday - Church. I had to give a talk and the members fed us. It was a good day.

Monday - Transfers. I had to go to Tokyo which took 2 hours one way. I got my new companion, Elder Willmore. His 1st area was Narita. He is from Idaho. He is an old missionary and was just a traveling AP. We went to a members house for FHE and I bore a good testimony of the Book of Mormon and I felt really good about it. It was the first time I felt good bearing testimony in Japanese. That made me happy and I am grateful for that.

So that was my week. It was pretty good. The weather is starting to really cool down. On Saturday I really felt like I was at the cabin. The sun was shining but it wasn't hot. The atmosphere just felt like I was at the cabin and I really enjoied it. I Love the Fall time. Leaves haven't changed color yet but very soon. I can't even describe the weatehr and how it has been the last couple of days. Just AMAZING!! except Monday and today it has been raining and no sunshine. Oh well.

I am doing super well and I'm very excited about this transfer. I am sure it will go by way fast. I can't believe tha tI am starting transfer 4. it feels like yesterday that I just got to japan. Man, time is going by so fast.

My Japanese, I feel, is getting a lot better. I read the BoM in Japanese today and actually understood al ot of it. I was way impressed. After last night and bearing my testimony and reading the BoM in Japanese, I am feeling pretty dang confident about the language. I feel like with this transfer, that my wheels will stop spinning and actually take off. I am ready to learn and go fast.

Mom, I really did enjoy the last email you sent me. I really am trying to put my trust in Heavenly Father. I know that I need to believe his promises and trust that everything will turn out for the better. I am also trying to live in the moment and make everyday fun. I remembered Vickis saying the other day "into each day a little fun must fall" or it was something like that. But I am trying to have a more positive outlook on things and be a happier person. I am sure it will go good.

Well not much else for me to report. It is getting cold though and I dont have any winter clothes. I am just saying that becasue I need some. But other than that, I will stop wasting your time so you can enjoy something else. I love you with all my heart. You are the nectar to my flower haha :) Have a good week and may God be with you at all times. I love you!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kurt,
    I just thought that I would say Hi from the Pack Family. It was fun to look at your pictures on here. Alden is in the Mexico Villahermosa Mission. Hey, you take care, and have a wonderful year with YOUR people.
    Love,
    Jeanne Pack

    ReplyDelete