Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

20 september 2011

i would first like to start off this email ( this is Kendi speaking), my brother Kurt obviously has a hard time spelling some words correctly. I do not pre-edit his emails. They are posted as they were sent :)

( this is Kurt Now)

Thank you so much for remembering to write me an email. I really needed to read yours and dads today. Just the past 2 hours have been rough because i have had a 2 hour train ride and lots of time to think. I really wanted to read your email. Sorry this got to you late. I was at the temple today and didnt get back til like 6.30. so it has been super busy today.

I finally got your letter, but i havent read it yet. i will when i am done emialing though. I think i can get a tie that is yellow gold or something like that. But i will probably send you the pictures as well as my camera card home tomorrow. so you should get it in like 10 to 12 days.

SOunds like you have a fun little deal going on with your aunt. That is fun and gave me a chuckle. Dad said kamas future mother in law was a sailor ahahaha. Kamas will have some fun with that.

I am really sorry for bug. Please dont let him quit though. You didnt let me or boo quit. Please dont let him quit. I know taht the coaches are really frustrating but it is worth it. It really is. I am glad i finished football to the end just to say that i did it. Please dont let him quit.

I hope that kendi had a great birthday and enjoied my card. I am glad that it got down there in time. I thought i was going to be late with it. I hope that she had an awesome day and really enjoied it. I thought about it alot yesterday.

So, this mission is super tough. I just told dad that i dont know if i will ever learn this language. I have the hardest time learning it. I really want to learn it though. I really want to be one of the best foriegn speakers in the mission. That is one of my greatest desires. It really is. Everytime i fast, thats what i fast for. Learning this slow makes me think that i will not make that desire and it really upsets me.

My week was super uneventful. I will tell you what i did:

Tuesday: I went to the Zoo and saw some way cool stuff. You will see some pictures and some videos of it. You guys will absolutely love it. Thats all about i did.

Wednesday: We did a service project for an old dude by picking weeds in his garden. We then went streeting and of course had no success. I had a hard time with the langauge and couldnt remember anything. I got frustrated. We then had English class.

Thursday: Oh i hate weekly planning. Before we did weekly planning, we had a lesson wiht a less active and watched Come what may and love it by Elder Wirthlin. We also made S'mores. I havent had a S'more in so long. It was so good and she really enjoied it. She is in a wheel chair and doesnt get out much. She loves our company.

Friday: We had a lesson with a Peruvian. The lesson was in Japanese and Spanish. 2 languages i cant understand. This is when i got super frustrated bearing my testimony in japanese. After taht lesson we had another lesson with the gator who has a Baptismal Date. He taught us some guitar. It was way fun. I played the ukulele version of Stairwya to Heaven by Led Zepplin and he sung the lyrics. After that he said the best prya dn really lifted my spirits. He just thanked the lord for our freindship and that we were able to hang out. I reall got a testimony of some peopl need time and freinds to get their testimony of the gospel.

Saturday: We did a service project at the church. I had mowed the lawn. SUper fun becasue i havent mowed a lawn in over 6.5 months. I loved mowing the lawn and miss mowing our lawn at home. We went housing and i didnt know any japanese and people were super mean. I got super pissed. After we got home i went straight to bed because i wanted the day to be over.

Sunday: Went to church. Had a birthday party. Went and did a less avtive lesson with a peruvain. then went down to another area for monday.

Monday: Was on splits with a Japanese elder Named Eguchi choro. He is so funny. We walked 2 hours to visit a less avtive who wasnt home. Then we did a Kubarikai. After that he wanted to buy me steak. so he bought steak and i cooked and marinated it (Because im the starter marinater) and we had steak and rice for dinner. So good. 1st time i have had steak in Japan. I then made a paper flower bouqet for Sister Albrechts birthday present which was today.

Tuesday: Went to the temple and now i am emailing you. I put everybodies name on the prayer roll. I gave my present ot Sister Albrecht and she seemed to enjoi it. I hope so cuz it took me 3 hours to make it. I also prayed about my struggles adn am looking or the spirits quidance. I hope that it comes super quick. I love the temple so much. I havent been in 12 weeks. It was super good.

My week wasnt bad but not the best either. Oh well, it is over and transfers are next week. I am for sure i will get a new companion and i might get transfered to another area. Everyone thinks i will open an area that has been closed. It is called Tsukuba. We shall see. I hope that your talk goes well. Definatly tell me how it goes. I dont get conference till 8 and 9 october. We get it a week later than in america because they have to translate it. So dont ruin anything for me.

I love you so much mom. I am so grateful for everything that you do for me. I am so excited to read your letter. THank you so much for your prayers and everything. You are the best mother ever. I love you so much. I hope taht you are doing super wel adn stay safe. I cant wait to be blown up. You guys have to keep me in the living room or the T.V. room. I love you so much. Let everyone konw that i love them.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, Kurt. There are so many life lessons in a mission. Learn to love your people.
    Sis. Pack

    ReplyDelete