Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, September 12, 2011

12 September 2011

So i am so GLAD to hear that you want a picture of me in my darkest suit so you can blow me up. I really wanted you guys to do that. I really want to be in those wedding pictures and stuff. I am also glad that you hve sent me a letter. It has been over a month and a half since i have gotten one form the home. I really want one.

It sucks that bugs football game didnt go to well. The coaches are pretty messed up. I know bug did great. It sounds like he tore it up. I am so proud. I really wish that i could see his games and stuff like that. Just tell him that playing in some parts is better than not playing at all. I dont see Highland doing very good this year in football. The coaches arent good.

I want beef so bad. I dont eat very much of it. It is super expensive here and you are making me super jealous talking about it. Its good to hear that boo, marilyn and vicki helped. Tell vicki i say hi and i am trying to find time to send her a letter. I feel horrible i havent sent her one yet.

I am glad that brie is mingling more and more with the family. I hope i recieve a pic to see what she looks like. She sounds so cool. I bet you will see brother bellus alot more haha.
I am sorry thta you got a little depressed. What was the reason? I got depressed a couple times this week but said prayers and went to bed and had better days. I hope that your days will become bluebird days too.

I am doing pretty good. THis week was kind of a rough one but it went by rather fast. On tuesday i was on splits and we found a pretty cool kid named Yoshi. He is 20 yrs old and speaks fluent english. He said he doesnt believe in God but wanted to meet up with us again. I soon found out that he just wanted an american friend that spoke english. But i talked him into letting us give him a lesson.

Wednesday, I went to lunch with a member. That same member from my 2nd transfer who took me to sushi. It was nice because on wednesday was my 6 month mark. So it was like a celebration. We had a thing Called Katsu. Its like fried chicken. I had mine with a egg on top of it and it was super good. It was all you can eat rice too. I had 4 bowls. We then went and got ice cream. What made that good was he gave us Reeses. My favorite american candy that i havent had in 6 months. I had vanilla ice cream and resses (my favorite kind of ice cream). SO it was good. He then gave us Ho-Hos. AN american chocolate snack. It was so good. I felt so fat afterwards. I then went and did service for one of our potentials. We pulled weeds in his garden. His wife gave us so much food and cheesecake. I had to eat it not to be rude. I really felt fat afterwards and told myself no more sugar for the rest of the week. it was hard mentally.

Thursday nothing really happend. We had a less active cancel. We then had to turn over an investigator. It took the rest of the day because he lives like 2 hours by trian from us. we went to his bday party to turn him over. thats about all that happend.

Friday we went to Kisarazu again. It was fun. I really enjoied it. I get to go with other missionaries and talk. IT is so healthy to go with other missionaries. I went into this skate shop and it was so fun. They gave me a sticker from one of my favorite brands.

Saturday i was on splits with a Japanese person. It was good. We taught Yoshi. I bore powerful testiomony of God and Jesus. He seemed to be really thinking about it and accepting it. He realy wants to help poeple in the world. I commited him to read the book of mormon. He is 20 yrs old and studies 12 hours a day. I dont know how important he thinks this is. I hope that he comes to realize that this will make him and others happy.

Sunday we had 3 gators at church. We then got home at 5:00. We fasted for a less active who is having probliems with his wife. He wants to go to the temple and is working to get there.

MOnday: We had District Meeting that took all day. We then went to a Less actives birthday party .It was so much fun. I had some way good peruvian food.

Yesterday i did get homesick. I really want to be at Kamas wedding, go to the cabin, go camping and stuff like that. Me and my comp talked about it. The conversation turned into a mission talk. I really get down seeing others success and not mine own. I have been busting my butt off for 3 transfers and what i thought havent seen any success. But i know i have seen success. I think missionaries always forget that the 1st ppinicpli in the gospel is FAITH. If you strengthen someones faith, you successed. Even though i havent seen a baptism yet, i have seen some great success in the Less actives. We are super close to getting one coming back, we have one going to the temple. I have had a ton of success. I really wnat to baptize but if i strengthen someones faith, i am fulfilling my purpose. I just have to rmember the first principle but also expect to see some baptisms. That was the jist of the talk yesterday. I really just needed to pour the waterout of my bucket. M comp said that the bucket is now bigger and will take longer to fill up before i get homesick or depressed again.I hope so.

I love you so much! I cnat wait til christmas comes around so i can talk with you all again. I hope that time keeps going by super fast. I am starting to enjoi my mission, but ireally want to be back at home. I try not to focus on that thought though. I love you guys so much. Your cabin trip sounded really fun. I try not to eat unhealthy either. I eat out alot just because of my schedule. but i try not to eat ice cream or sugar as much as possible. I really wnat to keep that weight off and grow in muscle. but i am also a young man that needs to love the things of life. haha. I really love fruit but it is super expensive here in japan. Everything i like is super expensive Meat, Fruit, peanut butter, etc. It jsut sucks haha. but i am dealing with it. today i am going to the zoo and am really excited. next week i am going to the temple and am even more excited. The next 2 weeks my pday is on tuesday. I love you all so mcuh. Keep doing what is right. Keep safe adn dont do anythign dumb. i want to see you again. I cant wait for next week. I love you

1 comment:

  1. What are gators, Kurt?

    And Kamas is getting married?
    Wow. When did that happen?
    Congratulations Kamas!

    I laughed when I read your comment about missing beef. Your family are big beef eaters, but I guess it is FISH for you! :)

    ReplyDelete