Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, November 26, 2012

26 November 2012::

I am right with you. I hope Bugs first transfer is better than mine was. But i am sure grateful for the transfer that i had. Mom hasnt emailed me yet and that is a bit of a bummer but i am sure it will be coming. But it looks like you are the winner that gets the long emial this week. YAY!!!! I love ya dad. Before i forget, i wanted to ask, how are the chargers doing? Thats it. Man it sounds lkike you are all doing great and dandy. That is good to hear. I love it when my family is doing great.
 
My week was pretty great actually. It was a bit difficult in some points but when i look back on it and think about it, it was a great week. So we didnt find any new investigators while we were acutally finding. That bugs me a bit. I have been really thinking this week why the Lord is not letting us find those who are ready to hear and stuff like that. IT was good to get reaffirming words from D&C 122. It is for my benefit. But man, it was sure a bit of a trail this week. I had everything going against me to tell me to give up or not work my hardest. On Wednesday, on the way to church my tire popped. That is inconvinent. My companion also was puking his guts out. That is pretty inconvinent too. So we had that trail. Well on Thursday, Thanksgiving, my comp was still puking his brains out so we were in the Apartment all day. I called people adn worked in our area book for over 6 hours. That was way hard but this is where some of my joy comes from. During that time, i had thoughts of like, you are tired and need a nap, or just take it easy, you deserve it. I honestly was about to take it easy and take a break. But then i remembered in PMG a part about Diligence taht stats that you work effeciently, even without being watched or supervised. I thought about that. Then i thouht to myself, i am always being watched by God. I was thinking maybe this all happened becasue God wanted to see how serious i was about finding new people to teach, a test you know. I didnt take a break but i worked all day. While i was calling pepole i got a reaffirmation that this work is Gods work and it makes you happy. I was so happy even thought it was hard. But i felt like i passed Gods test. On Friday my comp was feeling a bit better, a good thing becasue we had a thnaksgivign dinner at an americans house. It was so good. That was the first Thanksgiving dinner i have had since 2010. It was so good. I think my stay in Japan has made me more AMerican. Like before i hated stuffed potatoes but they were so good. I am getting around cheese too. It isnt so bad. Man it was just a great night. We also had american made pie. SO GOOD!!! ILOVE PIE!!! I love eating at Americans house but at the same time i hate it. This is the reason. We were on an American Embassy Houseing complex and we had american food adn around americans and it was aweseom. But everytime i looked outside, i could see rain, hundreds of people, and i knew that i had to go out there and go back to work. I didnt want to. Everytime i never want to becasue i feel like i am at home and what not. It is just bad. But it was super good. It got me excited to go home. Saturday the trails continued becasue the bike i was using, well the tire popped. The 2nd one this week. Talk about trails. But since i read D&C 122 i knew it was giving me some expirence. I also knew that we were going to get some reliefe from this hard time too. Just needed patience. This is where it gets cool.
 
On saturday night, we get a call from the sisters and they told us they had a kinjin for us. We watched the Restoration with him and testified to him big time. I testified to him about Families and how much God loved him and how much he meant to us and to God. I knew he was being touched by the Spirit. IT is so cool to see people be filled with Joy. This man was so joyous and happy to hear what we were telling him that it brought him to tears. This is the 3rd time i think where this has happened on my mission that a person has started crying becaseu they were so happy to hear. I knew that he was filling the Spirit. His name is Hiro. Hiro went on to tell us that even before he watched the Restoration, he knew this church was differnet becasue when he saw all of our faces, he said "they are all different and have a different light than everybody else on the street. You have a light coming from out of you.". Isnt that cool? It was an awesome lesson. We invited him to church and he accepted. Sunday morning we got a call from him at 5:55. At 6:30 we got up and called him back, he had gone to the church. He was so excited to go to church taht he couldnt sleep. He got up, said a prayer, read from the Book of Mormon that we gave him the night before, and got a feeling taht told him to go to the church. Well we met up with him at 8:30 in the morning and watched "Finding Faith in Christ". He loved it. After the movie was over, he randomly asked us about Baptism. He said he saw Christ get baptized, and in the Book of Mormon, they talked about Bapitsm. Then he told us, without us answering his questions, that he wanted to be baptized. WHAT???? How cool is that? He had studied it by himself and wanted it!!! FREAKING COOL!!! We told him we would teach about it during church and turned on General Conference. Well when President Monson stood up to speak, he looked at me and said" This man has a very specail power that the others dont, who is he?" I told him the prophet and he was way excited and said that he knew it. We continued watching and he asked about what  a temple is. I told him and he resonded telling me that he wants to go to the temple as soon as he can and he wants in. DUring his lesson, another way spiritual one, we taught about the Doctrine of Christ. Well to be short, he gave perfect answers for everything. He told us some way cool things, way sad things, but we all felt the Spirit. We invited him to be baptized on the 23 December and he accepted. Hiro is way prepared by God. It is amazing. I am so grateful that i am worthy to teach him. I think about what if i didnt work hard when my comp was sick, or if i didnt work hard becasue we arent finding investigators, would i be teaching this man? I know God was testing us to see if we can be trusted. I am happy to say i passed the test and am a better person becasue of it. It is amazing and i cant put everything into words. I wish i could. It is just a miracle. Thanks for your prayers. On Sunday night, we talked to some girls because if we didnt, it would of been super awkward because we were walking down a dark path and they were like 2 feet behind us and laughing. So we said hi and then the conversation started. It was pretty funny. They were typical japanese girls. Falling for the americans. It gave me confidnece though fro when i go home. Hopefully i will be able to do just that when i go home. We shall see.
 
Yup. That is my week for ya. Pretty exciting at the last part. I have a list for mom of things i would like for Christmas. Here it is: Cologne, Ties, Teeth Whiteners(strips to make your teeth white), Money. That is what i have thought. Like i said, i get home 6 weeks after Christmas so some of things i wnat, i can wait til i get home. But Cologne, Money, Ties, and Teeth Whitener woudl be nice. I love you so much. I hope that you both have a greta week. I cant believe i have only have 11 weeks left. TIme has gone by so fast. It jsut blows my mind. I will be seeing you and mom in no time. You are going to love it here in Japna. It is the best place ever. I love it here so much. I am super excited to talk with you too on Christmas. That is in 4 weeks. Crazy!!!! Well i hope you have a great week. Tell everybody i love them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment