Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

26 june 2012::


I dont even know where to start this email. THat seems to be the norm. nowadays right. I never know where to start. So about Rindlisbacher. I do know him acutally. I have never served with him but his name in Japanese is Rindi and mine is Bandi. So it is almost the same. But that is interestin. The lady DeAnn knows is acutally the mom to my current companion. It is sister Hansen. haah. Me and her son are companions. Small world right? It Is good to hear that Hawaii was amazing. Ill keep my comments short becuse there is just to much to say. I want to go there some day. There are lots of Japanese people there. It sounds like a fun place. Maybe aftr my mission. It is super good to hear that you gave out a book of mormon. I am glad that you got to expirence that. Congrats.
 
So i have been super busy this week. I was telling dad, yesterday was the first time in like 3 days that i got to sleep in my own futon. It felt awesome. Tuesday i went on splits with a missionary that was training. It was suepr good. A huge typhoon blew in while we were out doin work. I love riding my bike in the rain. We have these rainsuits to help keep us dry but they dont really work. THey are called Kappas. YOu can either wear it and get drenched in sweat or you can not wear it and get wet. Either way you are going to be wet. Anyways, on the way back to the apartment, the bike i was on broke. That seems to happen alot for some reason. Bikes just cant handle me. Well we were about 20 minutes away, in a typhoon. I decided that i would ride the working bike and pull the other missionary on the broken biek. I felt like a horse. I love making good memories like that. It is awesome. I will remember that slpit for the rest of my life.
 
 On friday, i went on splits to the same area but with this time with the District Leader.( Before we went though, i did my run. It was crazy. There was another typhoon all friday morning. Well i go running in rain, snow, or sunshine. Well maybe running wasnt a great idea. I wasnt expecting to run through a river. It was raining so hard that water levels on all the ground was just above mid-shin level. It was like running for 30 minutes in irrigation level water. I was soaked. And i got lost. I ended up running about 5 miles. It was nuts but yet another great memory. I am grateful for my companion i might add.)  I really like him too. I have known him his whole mission. We were in the same district when he was a bean. Well, we got to teh area, and we had a white day. Something i havent had in a long time. Thursday was the first itme i have done more than 20 minutes of streeting in over 3 weeks. I have been so busy in my new area that we dont go find people. SO i was a bit overwhelmed with having over 7 hours of finding time. Another reason i love being ZL is because i have to set a good example for these missionaries. So i have to be happy and work my hardest all the time. It has been really good. I cant really express what i mean in words. Well, we went streeting for 3 hours and then passed out flyers. When we did that, a really nice lady came to me and started talking. She had a butload of kids with her too. Well they were all her kids. THe oldest  9 adn the youngest 2. THe lady was Japanese and had 6 kids in 7 years. THe dad was japanese too. THat is unheard of here. She was super nice too. SHe took the missionary lessons 10 years ago but got pregnant so stopped. But they looked like a super happy family and you could tell they had studied before. I invited her constinently to come back to church but she just said maybe. We will see she was super cool. Kinda reminded me of Janalyn. When we were heading home, we stopped a guy from Detroit. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! He ended up talking for about 1 hour about non-sense stuff like denying God and a bunch of stuff like that. I tried to testify to him and share my beliefs. For example, i said that God had helped me in sports so much. Well Chad, the guys name, told me that i was fooling myself and that i did all by myself. THere was no way. I realized at that moment, that i am different as a missionary and other people. It was super easy to see how much of a grasp that Satan had on that mans heart. I am glad that i have this Gospel in my life and all that it does for me. I never want to be like thaat gyuy taht i met. NEVER! He ws a sad story for sure.
 
Ok, thursday was our all mission conference. It was super sad because this was President Albrechts last one. He leaves this saturday. Anyway, at lunch the Kawamitsu did ther performance. I got to introduce them to all the missionaries. It was awesoem. I also got to talk to them for a little bit before. I tried my hardest to get a picture afterwards but i got pushed into the Sacrament room and they left. I was a bit dissappointed but i am sure i will meet them again. Everyone loved it so much. President kept telling me thank you for organizing it and all the missionaries had a blast. It makes me happy, when i can make others happy. It was awesome. I was super happy. They left me 2 CD's, and 2 hand drawn pictures of the Savior. I really like the posters. I cant listen to the CD's thought. At least not yet. I really like there stuff though. It was a great day.
Saturday we had Stake conferce so we stayed at the Mission Home apartemnt with the APs and the office elders. It was a party. We had tons of Ice cream, rotten beans called NATO, hotdogs, mochi (pounded rice). Just so much food. It was so much fun. THere was 9 missionaries there. That is dangerous. I loved it so much. THen on Sunday we had a special stake conference where elder Uchtdorf spoke. It was awesome. He gave great advice on how to have the spirt and what we need to do. THe main point to the conference though was missionary work. Members havent gotten the hang of the phrase "every member a missionary" yet. They dont do missionary work here. It is a huge struggle for missionaries to get the members to share teh gospel with there friends. One day, they will get the hang of it and the missionaries will NEVER have finding time. Only Teaching. That is the way it should be.
 
Out gator, Tsutomu had his Baptisnal Interview too. He PASSED!!! He will be baptized this upcoming Saturday. I am so happy for him. I have cna honestly see that his countance has changed. It is awesome to see. How could anybody ever deny this gospel after serving a mission when you cna expirence first hand seeing people without the gospel, seeing poeple accept and be changed by the gospel, and seeing the differnce between people who live the gospel and those who dont? You cant. If you do, you are straight up dening the holy ghost. I am so grateful for this expirecne that i have and waht i have been able to expirence. It is changing my life forever. I am so grateful for it. kokoro kansha shiteimasu! Anyway, I am so excited for tsutomu. I have seen him change. THe only thing i am not excited about is that he asked me to confirm him. I am way scared. I have never done anything like that before. let alone in Japanese. It will be interesting. Please pray for me.
 
SO like said before, President Albrecht leaves this upcoming Saturday. I am not happy about that. I love him so much. He has had such an impact on my mission. He has changed me so much. I look up to him so much for alot of things. It isnt goin to be the same without him here. I konw President Budge will be good, but i dont knw him yet like i do President Albrecht. I hope our relationship can be as good if not better. I know my relationship with President ALbrecht will be a everlasting one. I love him so much. I am going to miss him alot. You need to go to his Homecoming. It is on the 15th July 2012 at: 909 S. 725 W., Orem, Utah 84058. I really want you guys to meet him. Please go if you can.  
 
SO as you can see, i am just constantly busy. I am just going from place to place to place. I am loving it so much. I have really come to love Japan and the people. I feel like alot of these popel are my family. Tsutomu reminds me so much of Kamas. I feel like i have my family right here with me nad that i am not alone. I lvoe it. I lvoe you and everyone in the famly so much. Japan is AWESOME!!! You will be blown away when you come. I am excited to see what you guys will be like when you come. haha.
 
I have a favor for you mom. I want you to be honest too. Cna you tell me what kind of person i was before the mission? What my strenghts were, what my weakness's were, how i was different from others, stuff like that? I really want to hear. I also want to examine myself to see if i have changed while on my misison. Can you do that for me? I would really appreciate it. I was also wondering if you could send me some pictures of me before my mission? Like right before my i started losing weight. I really want to show people what i looked like before mmy diet. Cna you send me some pictures liek that? TO show how fat i was? Also any other pictures.
 
I love you mom. I feel like there is so much i want to tell you but i just cant remember everything that has happened. It has been so busy with me and everything. I do want to tell you though that i am loving my mission. I am having the best time ever. I love it here in Japan. I am so grateful that almost 1 year ago when i was having a hard time that i stuck it out and stayed. I am so grateful for this Gospel and everything that it has to offer.It is awesome. I love it. I love you and my family. I am excited to see all of you again and be with you again. I love my life and mission, my family, and my Savior Jesus Christ. Thanks for everything that you have ever done for me. You are the best.
 
日本語で自分の証をしたいと思います。伝道出る前にこの福音を好きだけどあまり生活しなかったんです。だから伝道の間無坂しかった時間がありました。この福音の証を持ちませんでした。けど福音の原則を生活することによって、私は証を得ました。モルモン書、ジョセフスミス、回復のことが大好きですよ!自分の伝道が大好きですよ!この伝道から私の人生が変わられました。心から感謝しています!イエスキリストは私の救い主であり、購い主です。彼の教えによって、私は自分の家族と共に永遠になることができって本当の幸せを感じます!この福音のことは私の全全部のことです。人々がこの福音を試したらもたらす幸せと平和を感じることができます。私の証です。もう一度私はこの福音に心から感謝しています!これらのことすべて、愛するイエスキリストのみ名によって、この証申し上げます。アーメン。
 
I love you mom. Google translate will probably say this super wierd so have fun translating it. I lvoe you and cant wait to hear from you agian. If you want to send me anything else, fun things, cool things, other pictures, etc. . .i am not opposed to it. I would love it. I havent gotten mail in ove r5 weks. I love you guys. Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment