Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

12 June 2012::


It seems like i just emailed you like you a day ago. Time has been really going by super fast. i want to answer some questions before i dive into my email. First off, Grandma E. I do know the Elder taht knows Jay. He is actually in my Zone. I am his district leader. That is super funny. I will mention to him about Jay when i see him again. My President hasnt changed yet. President Budge comes on the 29th june and President Albrecht leaves on the 30th June. It is going to be very sad having that change. I am in a daze of what it is going to be like with a new president. Things will change and stuff will be different but i am sure the work of the Lord will be the same. Mom, Lili is doin good i think. This week on the 12th she has her big test that has been keeping her from coming and being confirmed. So this upcoming sunday she should be confirmed. That is what she told me before i left. Please pray for her. Just a side note, I have been in contact with the Kawamitsu's for awhile now. I actually arranged with them a good bye concert for President Albrecht just like you asked me too. So no worries there.
 
OK. I will tell you know about my new calling. only two words can describe it. ALWAYS TIRED!!!! I have never been so tired my entire mission. It is constantly work, work, work. I dont get a break. haha. The area i am in is on FIRE right now too so that doesnt help at all. THis past week we had tons of planning to do for our zone vision and stuff like that. Our vision is "fear departs when faith endures" from hymn #128. We really want to focus on not being afraid and just doing it. So we planned about that alot but some how we managed to get 7 other lessons, 3 member lessons, and 6 new investigators. I dont think i went out streeting once but that is what we got. Pretty amazing uh? The four man apt. doenst help at night either because we all talk until about 11:30 at night and then fall asleep. It is super hard, but i am sure loving it. I am really intimidated by this calling. I dont want to screw up at all. I fasted on Tuesday or wednesday (i cant remember) so that the Lord will help me in this new calling and give me strenght, guidance, and just help on what to do. I really hope i can be the best ZL i can be. I really want to hlep this Tokyo Zone alot. I have decided in order to do that, i just need to be myself and do what i have done in the past. If i worry to much about being good or bad, i get stressed. And if that happens, i do dumb things. So i have decided just to work hard, smile, and laugh everyday. It seems to be helping a bit besides being tired. I dont know how i will ever overcome that one. I think that will have to wait until after my mission. I am sure that as i get used to being a ZL, i will be more accustomed to things and thus in turn be less tired. We shall see.  Please pray for me. I really need the prayers. I am constantly doing something. It is nuts. But the time is sure going by fast. I cant believe how fast this past week has gone. It really has gone by so fast. It will only go by faster too. 
So we do have a couple of investigators like i was telling you about. I wnat to talk about 2 in general. The first is Tsutomu. He is really cool and reminds me of Kamas. He loves motorcycles and having nice things. He has been a gator for aobut 6 years and in the past month has had a complete changed heart. He wants to be baptized now more than never but has a habit of drinking coffee. So please pray for him ahtat he iwll be able to stop doing that. He si way solid and will be baptized on the 30th of June. The next is acutally a miracle. His name is Michael. He is from Canada. He lives right next to our church building and hte missionaries have met him before and asked him to come to church and he never did. So we never thought to much aobut him. We saw him on tuesday or wed. and asked him to come to game night on sat. He showed up and sadi he would come to church. We were wondering if that was the truth. Well he came and turned out he is total golden investigator now. I taught him on splits and it was awesome. He was so open and willing to learn. I never thought that people from the American Continent, living in Japan, could become a golden investigator but i am wrong. He has a christian background so when i started teaching he understood everything righ away. He asked about the one thing he didnt understnad wich was the gift of the Holy Ghost. I testified to him that with this gift, GOd can tell us anything and everything that we need to know in this life. I told him that theHoly Ghost will guide, direct and comfort us. He told me that he wanted that because he needs direction right now. He really is humble. I am butchering this story but bear with me. He committed to be baptized on the 14th of July. Please pray that he will feel the Holy Ghost in his Life and that he will be able to make the right descions and be baptized on that day. He is awesome and i am excited to work with him.
 
SO sunday was super hard on me. I decided to start fasting on every sunday that more people can come unto christ. Well this sunday after church we had a linger longer. I really wanted to eat the food. But i was determined that throught my fast, we would find people to teach, commit and baptize. It was really haard and like torture. Well sunday night within 2 hours we found 4 new gators, 4 other lessons, and 4 new baptismal dates. Isnt that CRAZY????? I am so glad that i stuck to my fast. I know the Lord is blessing us so much right now. I love it when my faith increases like that. It is amazing!!!!
 
So my week was way good as you can tell. Super busy, super tired, but lovin life. It is really good and i hope it stays that way. I am sure it will. I love you guys so much. I am grateful for your support and everything that you do for me. 2 days ago i hit my 1 year and 3 months in the mission mark. Pretty crazy uh? Going to fast!!! Oh, i get up and workout then run every morning at 5:50. Well my comp has something on his bike that tells him how far he goes and how fast he is going too. SO one morning we used it. I thinkyou will be supiresed. I ran 3.2 miles in just under 24 minutes. Isnt that awesome. He said i was going about 9 mph the entire way. I was way proud of myself.
 
I hope you have a great week mom. I love you so much. I am excited to get a letter from ya soon. I am going to be sending my current camera card home. You know what to do when you get it. I am looking forward to this transfer so much. It is going to be suepr fun. I just hope that i can be the best i can be and do what the Lord knows what i can do. My prayers are always with you. Stay Classy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment