Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, February 27, 2012

27 February 2012

I am sorry to hear about your week. It really sounds like you have had a really hard one. Way harder than me. Actually mine was pretty good. I am sorry to hear about Kamas and Bries dog. It is really sad. I am also sorry about your story about the DeWitts but it sure is fumny and i laughed out loud. Hahaha. I hope that you are going to start feeling better. I have been fortunate enough taht i havent been so sick where i start puking. I hope that i dont get taht sick. Japan is too much of healthy country for that. So i am safe. Its cool to hear aobut bug and his papers I hope he comes here to Tokyo. He owuld love it and i would be his trainer.

So my week looking back on it was super good but like you it had its moments. Monday was cool we found a guy named Tamari and he said he would come to church if he had a shirt and a tie. That was the wrong excuse to tell missionaries. We said we could give him a shirt and tie and we commited him to come to church.

Tuesday was a really REALLY special day. We had a Mission Conference with Elder Oaks. Everyone got to shake his hand. That was really cool. I got to shake an Apostles hand. His wifes hand too. It was really intresting, Sister Oaks asked me if my dad had served here in Japan. She read my name and said that she knew and Elder Van De Graaff when she was a missionary in Japan. I told her about Wayne and she just told me that she knew him and how great of a missionary He was. That was really neat. Elder Oaks talked about revelation adn stuff like that and it was just what i needed at the time. It was super good. After the conference, my buddy Elder Nitta ( from the MTC) invited me to go to lunch with his uncle. His uncle is a billionaire and took us to a way nice buffet. I ate so much foood. THey had STEAK!!!! I hate so much of that. It was a great day.

Wednesday we went into babylon pretty much. We went to the middle west part of our area. Let me tell you, it was HORRIBLE. There was whore houses on almost every corner. I remember walkin down the road and looking up at a building and seeing two guys with their shirts off and then seeing a naked girl. Yup it was a whore house for strait and gay people. I was super suprised becasue i have never seen a actuall advertisment showing nudity out in public. It was a way rough area. Nobody listend to us. No suprised there. It was just bad. After that we had to get ready for english class. We also had 2 lessons 30 minutes befroe english class and we had to go give Tamari his shirt and Tie. It was super hectic. But way fun. Running as a missionary really makes you feel like a missionary.

Thursday was a bit hard on me. I got a bit homesick. I was wanting to come home just missing the things. But i got over it.

Friday was also pretty rough. We pretty muched walked to the top of our area while streeeting and didnt find 1 new investigator. That was rough. But it was a beautifl day and we had fun. We decided as missionaries in my area, we are lucky. Because while we are streeting we get to see all the attraction tourist sites and we dont need to travel for it. So that was a good thought. We also watched the Testaments in chinese. THat was a 1st for me.

Saturday was way fun. It was my comps bday. So we met with Panda and his girlfriend and went and played basketball and ping pong. That was my first time playing ping pong against chinese people. They are way good at ping pong. Basketball was way fun too. After that we went and did a lesson about Chastity. It was way good. Let me tell you about Pandas girlfriend. She has just been coming to his lessons and is hearing them backwards. She has heard all the commandments. Elder Crowther taught her how to pray last week. So we asked her to pray at the beginning of the lesson. Even though it was in chinese i could tell she had been prying. I asked and she said she was. It was awesome because we have NEVER tuaght her. THen we pulled out the book of mormon and she pulled one out in chinese. I was agian super suprised and asked where she got it because we didnt give it ot her. SHe told us that she took it and has been reading it. WAY GOLDEN!!!!! She is amazing. Her name is Lili. SHe is way cool. After the lesson we went and got all you can eat Shabu Shabu. Look that up on google it is to hard to explain. It is super good though. It was a good finish to the day. I had tons of fun.

Sunday was incredible also. We had 3 peeps at church. During the Gospel Principles class we were teaching Tamari and Panda about the BOM and then the lesson turned to just teaching Tamari. It was incredible becasue Panda started bearing testimony about EVERYTHING!!!!! He isnt baptized yet either. It was AWESOME. He just told Tamari that his gospel has brought so much happiness in his life and he wants to share it with his family. He is solid. He is going to be baptized next week and he has asked Me to do it. THis is my first one and i am super happy and super nervous. I think i am going to have to do it in Chinese. That should be fun. We also had a lesson with Ini. We cooked dinner at the church and then had a lesson. There were 3 members there as well. We had a grand time. Ini is going to be baptized as well next week. We dont konw who is going to do it yet. She will tell us on Wednesday. But it was way good. On sunday too, while we were streeting, we got a hug from a random dude who had just gotten married. That was pretty funny. He was suepr drunk though. He wont remember it until he looks at the pictures hahaha.

So i am doin pretty good. Life here in Japan is great. I really do like japanese alot. Somedays i feel like i just want to stay here becuase that is how much i like it and want to learn it. But when i go out and speak it i just get destroyed. I cant speak that well. I love reading and writing it though. Like on the computer and on the phone. It is so muc fun. I really do like it alot. I jsut wish i knew it all. THere is alot of words and things i dont know. But as i am gettting older, more and more words, kanjis, and other things are making sense. I love it.

I love you so much. Thanks for everything that you do for me. I love you so much mom. I am so grateful that you are my mother. You are awesome. There is a lady in my ward that reminds me of you and it is great. She is chinese but speaks english fluently. I think i might have her look you up on facebook. She is really funny and ecentric. ANyways. I hope that all is going well at home and that you will start the up hill. I will be praying for you like always. Your name will go on the Prayer Roll when i go too. I dont know what else to say. If i think of something i will put it in my letter taht i am going to write today. Oh, i know my new mission president. His name is President Budge. It is going to be super sad when PResident Albrecht leaves. I really love him alot and really look up to him. Oh less than 2weeks i will be a missionary for 1 year. Pretty cool uh?
Well i gots to go. I love ya mom. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment