Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, February 6, 2012

06 february 2012

Sorry to hear about your knee. Maybe you have the same thing i did. Maybe your knee cap has been dislocated. That would suck. Ill pray for ya. Its good to hear about everyones week. I really appreciate it. Sounds like everyone is doing good. I sent Kendi home a letter last week and i hop that she can get it. I will pray for her.

So my week was the BEST EVER!!! This week really was my best week i have had my entire mission. The only thing that would of made it better would of been a baptism or seeing you guys but that didnt happen so whatever. It was way good. You are going to love it. We set 3 baptismal dates for the 3 March and had 10 lessons total. That number is really high for Japan. the usual is like 4 or 5.

Last monday i met a chinese guy named Panda. He is buddhist just like everyone else but he said he would meet with us and learn. Alot of buddhist people believe iin themselves. They think htat if they believe in Christ they cant beleive in themselves. Wrong!!! Christ wants everyone to have confidence in themselves and believe in themselves but rely on Christ to save them and follow his teachings. Anyways, on friday we met with him and went to a members house. I had really good food. It was sweet and sour shirmp. It reminded me of Panda Express. After the meal we taught Panda how to pray. He said that he would pray every day and come with us to church. Wel he came to church adn i was able to teach him. Before i taught him, he said the prayer. He said a goregeous prayer about how he loved church adn how he made a lot of friedns.He also asked Heavenly Father to bless everyone who had lost a family member. Everyone after me in Sacrament bore their testimonies about that. I bore mine about Kess and the power fo teh resurrection. Back to Panda. I started teaching him the Restoration but it got to me teaching the Doctrine of Christ because of all the awesome questions he was asking. At the end of the lesson is principle 5 which is Endure to the End. I dont like using the word Endure becuz it sounds hard and difficult and the gospel is hard and it is not difficult. Instead i say Enjoy to the End becuase that sounds fun adn easy like the Gospel is. He commit to be baptzied on 3 March. After the lesson he was talking to me and telling me all he wants to do is Enjoy to the End so that me and him can play basketball in heaven and make fried rice and chinese food. He is super awesome. We are meeting hm on tomoro to go to dinner and teach teh restoration. He is golden.

Wednesday we met with an investigator named Yoko. He is intresting. 3 weeks We met him while he was running and gave him a flier and told him to come to church. Well he came to church. He then came a 2nd time. We taught him about josesph smith and then watched the restoration video. His wife is protestant. thats why we taught him about the restoration. We commited to the 3 of March to be baptized. He really needs a testimony befroe then though. HE is a DIE HARD baseball fan and basebal starts in March. So once baseball starts, if he isnt a member or have a testimony, he is long gone. He is super awesome. He is in his 60' and always happy. I like him. He will come to church next week.

Saturday we had a lesson with Koh. ONe of my really good friends. He was supposed to be baptized on Saturday but didnt make it. So that is waht we talkd about. It was a really bitter sweet talk. For a while i have been thinking alot for what he needs and havent had the answer. Well i know now. I asked him if he was taking us seriously and if he wanted to be baptized. He told us that he had been a member of the catholic church his whole life and was comfortale and didnt want to betray them. He also said that he didnt know what the differnce was. It hurt me but at the same time it was good. It hurt because i was hoping that that wasnt way he didnt get baptized. I was really hoping that he didnt have a problem. It was good because now i know what i need to do to help hm. We testified to him about Joseph Smith and the restoration. We left him really thinking about things. We recommitted him to be baptized on the 25 Febraury. My comps bday. I really liek Koh and wnat the best for him. I fasted for him yesterday that he would get his answer. He said he would pray about it.

Yesterday we had 8 people that werent members of the church at church. 3 of them were our investigators. Yoko, Panda, and Yini. Yini is a chinese girl who was a referral from my ward misson leader from my 2nd area Narita. She is suepr nice and i really like her. She is 22. We taught her the Restoration becasue that is what my M.L. said would be the best. At the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized on the 3rd March and she accepted. We are meetin with her on Thursday. After the lesson we went to a members house and broke our fast and then ate food. It was way fun. We had way good food and then watched teh restoration video. There was 2 families, me and my comp, Yini and The guy from Narita. It really reminded me of home and everyone getting together. After the movie we played some games. It was alot of fun andi havent had a sunday like that in a really long time. Yini told my friend from Narita that she really loved everyone and thought us missionaries were really fun. She also said that she loved how the couples at the dinner sat together. It really showed her that families are important and she like that. She is so awesome.

So we now have 6 baptismal dates with 1 more as a hidden one. Do you remember the guy from Sendai named Abe i wrote about like 4 weeks ago? The one who cried through all the lesson. Well he is meeting us on Friday, Saturday, and is coming to church on sunday. He has read the Book fo Mormon all the way through. President said that if he wants to be baptzed and will follow the commandments and go to church in Sendai, me and my comp have Permission to baptize him next sunday after church. So i might have a baptism next week. THis guy is such a miracle. I am so grateful that i am worthy enough to receive thses miracles and these blessings.

SO my area now has 6 dates and 5 progressing investigators. I got a call form the APs yesternight and they congradulated me and my comp. I have been thinking alot about Ammon this week. I havent done anyting differnt. I dont want this glory. It isnt me. The Lord is just using me like you said. It is the spirit that is doing this all. I dont want to become prideful at all. I kno that is what satan wants. I have to be humble. It really feels good. When i came here there was no progressers, no investigators, no dates, no nothing. The ward didnt like the missionaries. I have alot to be prideful about but i know that it isnt me. I am just doing what the Lord wants me to do and by doing so, he can work through me. I cannot become prideful I am really scared that i will. I try to give glory to God all the tiem. Like Kamas said before. "Glory be to God, in His strength, I can do all things." That is my motto.

Other things that happend this week include: Traded ties with a guy right on the street. It was fun. I told him he had a nice tie adn that we should trade adn he said ok. So we did. Getting handed a full pack of Cigarettes from a crazy dude who chased some high skool girls, so we decided to ditch him. In that process we found a really cool store and i bought a nose stand for my glasses. It is super cool and you will see it when i send my card home. seeing a guy take a pee in the middle of the sidewalk. he then followed us and just kept saying Hallelujah and Amen. He would then bow down to us. Really Wierd. It was a super good week to say the least. Alot of things happend. I had a great time in the city.

So that is pretty much my killer week. My japanese seems to be getting better and better everyday. I still dont quite understand everything but i am trying to be more confident in myself and just accept whatever level i may be on. but it is gettting better. I love you so much. I am so grateful for everything that you do for me. You are the best mother ever. Thank you so much. I have a favor. Can you see how Nick is doing? I really love him and hope taht he is doing swell. He really needs love and support right now as he gets ready for a mission. Be a mom for him too please. YOu are the best. Even though i am doing pretty good right now, i could use prayers. I can use those all the time. You always have mine. Thank you for everyting mom. YOu and dad should be getting something special from me soon. A letter. A special letter. I cant think of anything else to write about right now. I did get both cards so thnkyou. Oh, who won the super bowl? I too am going for the Patriots!! i dont like the giants!!! Well i love you so much. Have a great week mom. YOu are the best ever. I love you so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment