Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Sunday, March 11, 2012

06 march 2012

Sorry I was unable to get into my email! here is elder kurts email for the past week :)

SO i will answer your questions right now i quess. Yes! I do know Jenny Sato. She is AWESOME. She is in my ward right now actually. She lives maybe like 15 min away. She is actually chinese but is fluent in English. I think she is alot like you. SHe is really funny and awesome. You should talk to her sometimes. YOu will also find pictures of me on her facebook becasue everytime we go to her house for dinner, she always takes pictures.
So now i will tell you about the BIGGEST news in any email that i have ever sent home. On Sunday afternoon, at 1:30pm after church, me and my companion were able to bring 2 people into the waters of baptisms. So both of our investigators got baptized. Panda and Ini. It was awesome. Elder Crowther actually didnt baptize someone. I felt really bad for him while i was sitting on the stand next to Panda. I felt really bad. I baptized Panda and Ini was baptized by my freind from Narita. It was amazing. My first baptism in Japan. I will tell you the story of this week and then the baptisms.

So last Wednesday, we got up and it was snowing. And it snowed until like 3 in the afternoon. It sucked so bad. It was so cold. BUt i still went running. THere was no way that was going to hold me down. But at 3 we had an interview with Ini so she could get baptized. On the way there, i slipped on some metal in the snow and cut my knee. It was pretty deep and it is killing me right now. I jsut have been putting bandaids on it. It was pretty deep and the skin got bundled up so the scar is goign to look really cool. Well, Ini of course passed her interview with flying colors. So that was really cool.

Thursday night we had Panda's interview. I was a bit nervous with this one becasue he has a girlfriend and might of had a problem with the Law of Chastity. Well, he was doing well until the Law of Chastity. THe interviewer asked if he had felt forgiven of his sins and he said not really. That lead to asking why. Panda said becasue he felt he was too lazy and that was a sin. He is amazing. He also siad that he awas really close to his girlfreind. THat scared me a bit But in the end he said that their relationship has gotten stronger and he sees her more as a daughter of God now than ever before. That was the kicker. He passed. It was great day.

Friday was a swell day as well. We took a guy and did a church tour and he siad that he wanted to be baptized. He was a self referral. SO that was cool. We still have to set up a time to meet with him again. Friday night we went to Jennys house with Ini and the Ward mission leader for dinner. It was way BOMB. THe food was great and we just had a blast all night long. I havent had a night like that in a long time. FUn times. GOod pictures too.

Saturday was a good day too. We went to lunch with a investigator that we had to drop becasue he is advoiding us. I didnt like that but he is still my friend. We then cooked dinner with Panda and His girlfreind. Or should i say they cook us dinner. It was way good. Chinese food cooked by chinese peopel. DOesnt get better than that. We then had a lesson with Lili pandas girlfreind. We set a date with her for the 7 April. She is way solid i feel. That was a way fun night too.

Sunday was the baptisms. We sung Sunshine in my soul for opening him. THen had introductions, then a spiritual message and then the baptisms. Ini was first and i got to see it. It was way good. I then went and did Panda. Let me tell you about Panda. He is about 6'3" and weighs probably like 210lbs. He is a big boy. Well i did it in English because that is waht he wanted adn then i dunked him. But his knee came up out of the water so i had to do it again. The 2nd time it was really hard to bring him up. But i did it. It was great. I am so grateful. THank you for your prayers and everything. If you want to find them on facebook you can. for Ini. Its Yini Wu, and panda its Chan Tat Lok. THey are way cool pepole and my forever friends. I love them both. THeir conformations are next week. Elder Crowther is confirmiring panda. Its going to be great. I am way excited. If i stay in this area i cna go to the temple and do baptisms with the both fo them. That would be really fun.

Yesterday SUCKED!!! But i was happy. It was raining all day long. We went and visited a member since she had the flu and wasnt at church. We had a flower and everything for her. Well she wasnt home. So we went to go visit the other member who wasnt at church. So we walked in the rain to go visit them only to find out after a 1 hour walk in the rain that they are in Canada. That sucked. So we decided to go housing because streeting is horrible in the rain and i was looking forward ot housing. Well we got kicked out of the first apartment complex. So we went and did another complex right down the street and got kicked out of that one as well. Talk about our Luck right. IT was horrible. haha. It was raining, members were not home, got kicked out of apartments, and this whole time we have a flower. SO we deciede to go get a snack in china town. I got a mango. I was munchin down on this thing on a busy intersection. Well everybody was laughing at me and someone even took a picture. But i dont care. I was enjoing that mango because i had a hard day. I thought that was pretty funny. But i was haapy i had a good attitude through the day. It really makes a difference. It is super hard to have a good attitude when it rains. I hate the rain here. But it was good day.

TOday i went to the Temple and did a session. That was super good. I love the tmeple so much. It is one of my favorite places next to Mt. Graham. But we went at got all you can eat pizza (tabehodai) and some music that i used to listen to came on. That wasnt healthy. It kinda got me wanting to come home but i read some scriptures on the train ride home and i think i am ok now. President said that i should be ready for next treansfer. I think something really big is going to be happening. One of 2 things can happen. I can either go Zone Leader or i can Train. I dont know which one i am doin. Next tuesday you will find out. BUt i am for sure getting a new companion. I am going to miss Elder Crowther. I like him. I wil for sure hang with him after the mission.

WEll i love you all so much. I hope that everything is good at home. Please pray for me. I really could use them. I love you all. Sorry this isnt the best email ever but i am on short time. SO i got the main things that you need to hear. If i have more time later i will drop a few more lines. But for now this will suffice. I love yya all. I pray for ya everyday. God be with you always!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment