Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

14 february 2012

Ok. So this week was better than last week for sure. Last week we had 10 lessons total rite? Well this week we had 10 member present lessons and 2 other lessons. A total of 12 lessons. We killed it this week .The average in america is 20 lessons a week. Here it is like 5 or 6. We doubled our average this week. The cool thing is we arent slowing down either. If anything we will have more next week. We are being blessed so much by the Lord rite now. I am so grateful. In His strength i can do ANYTHING!!!

So i will pray for you. I always do. I am so sorry to hear aobut your surgey. How come it is only me and you that get hurt in our family? it aint fair. haha. Well i will pray for you. I know i come home in less than a year for me and 1 year exactly for you. THat is so crazy. Think for you guys it is the 12th and like 10 at night. One year from now i will have been home for almost 12 hours. It is so weird to think. It si going by so fast. I cant believe that bug turns in his papers pretty soon too. WOW!!!!

So my week was super good. Last tuesday i had an interview with president albrecht. It was super good. At the end me and him arm wrestled. I would of won but he was standing up and putting all his weight down on my arm and i couldnt bring it back. SO if he didnt cheat i would of won. But it was way fun and i can see my relationship with him building. I am going to be super sad when he ahs to go home in July. I really love him alot. After that, we had a lesson/ night out on the town with our chinese investigator. He took us to china town and his favorite noodle restraunt. (Noodles dont Noodles???) Thye were super good. After that we went to the church and taught him a lesson. HE is super awesome. His name is Panda. His date is for the 4th March and he will make it. He is just so good. We watched Finding Fatih in Christ and he loved it. His prayers are amazing. Thye are getting so good. YOu can really tell when someone prays by themselves. They get realy good really fast.

Wednesday we met with our Grandpa gator, Yoko. He is a awesome guy. He loves baseball to death. He also loves Alcohol, coffee and tea. So he knew that our church doesnt do that stuff. So our lesson turned into us teaching him about the word of Wisdom. We just promised him blessings and stuff like that. He really likes our church and everything but he likes the other stuff too. But i think he is making the desciton of want he really wants. Please pray for hm. He needs a testimony before march becasue that is when baseball starts. haha. He came to church and i can also see the Spirit working in him. He always comes to church in jeans and tennis shoes. Well this week he came to church with a jacket, black pants, and church shoes. He is getting the hang of what we wear at church. So it is super good progress. He told us to call him also to set up another time to meet. After our english class we were able to snag a lesson with a investigator that we havent met in 2 weeks becasue of college tests and work. It was super good and he rememberd alot and said he still wants to meet. We taught a bit about Faith. His date is for the 25th February but we are going to have to change it.

We met with our other Chinese investigator, Yini, the girl. She is so bomb. Her date is the 4th of March. SHe will make it too. Last week we gave her a book of mormon and she is already in Mosiah with her scrips all marked and stuff. She loves reading the book of mormon. Well we taught her the Plan of Happiness and she really liked it. My old ward mission leader was there and a guy from my old ward. It was way awesome. At the end i was showing the Plan of Salvation puzzle that DeAnne gave me. I thought i said it was a present, but i quess i said it is a present. So she took it. So now she has my Plan of Salvation puzzle, its fine with me. She needs it more than i do. I thought it was funny because i was just showing but then they took it. I am glad she liked it though. After the lesson my comp was sick so he took a nap and i called peeps on the phone and stuff in the Apt.

So this is where it gets super busy. Do you remember my gator from Sendai, Abe, well his lesson was Friday. I was super scared because it was going to be a 2.5 hour meeting and we were going to teach alot. Thursday night we got a call from the member who referred him to us and found out some AMAZING stuff about him. He read the Book of Mormon twice, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. He also quit alcohol, tea, and coffee when he read the Word of Wisdom. Isnt that AMAZING???? He is incredible and so humbled. Its just so sad that he had to loose his wife to becoem that humble. Well we had that old man joint for us to, Watanabe. He has translated for 5 prophets, was the 1st mission president after WWII and is a spiritual giant. He unfolded the scriptures to this guy. I learend so much from him. It was so spiritual in that room. I wish you could of been there. I didnt really teach anything. So that was a relief. The lesson was 3 hours. It was like being in a room with an apostle. He knew the scrips inside and out. It was amazing. Way good lesson. We also found out alittle bit more about Abe. He was in the Tsunami. Him, his wife, and 1 daughter. He and his daughter were being swepted around in the water and he had to save his daughter. Like Oh My Gosh!!!! What an expirence. Unfortuately his wife didnt make it. But it was incredible and now his daughters might becoem investigators becasue he wants them to hear this stuff. After his lesson we had another lesson with yoshitake, a gator. He needs his parents permission but they wont give it to him. So we tauth him about faith and told him he needed to exercise his faith a bit more. So we fasted with him yesterday to get his parents permission. I know he will be baptized this transfer. He is doing way good. His date is the 10th of March. The last sunday of the transfer.

Saturday was aonther long day with Abe. We started at 11:30 in the mornign and didnt get done until 4 at night. Thank heavens for Bro. Watanabe. I would of never been able to do that by myself. The lesson was like friday. AMAZING. I was spiritually, physically, and mentally tired after those lesssons. We found out he had a problem though. His wife and her sister, the member who referred her to us, got in a fight a year before the earthquake and never settled it. Well his wife died and he started taking lesson from us. His daughters are mad at him becasue they feel he is betraying them by going to church with the lady who fought with there mom. It is super sad but i know that they will be able to overcome their pride. He will most likely be baptized next time he comes down to our area. That might be 10th March. Please pray for him. After his lesson we had another lesson with Panda. We taught him the Restoration and he just soaked up everything and loved it. It was way good because he was wondering about hte book of mormon and we were able to teach him about it and testify aobut it. He is way golden and will be baptized. We are realy busy with no finding time.

Sunday Panda, Yini, Abe, and Yoko all came to church. Elder Crowther taught Panda during preisthood about Keeping the Sabbath Holy and said that he accpeted everyting and will live it. After church we taught Yini the Doctrine of Christ and it was super good. After the lesson she bore a little testimony which was great. When she prays it is in chinese and i really dont understand but i sure can feel the spirit.

So that was my week in a nut shell. So much happend this week that i am so grateful for. Wanna hear something funny? So after Yini lesson we were planning when the next itme she could meet. She said that she could meet Wednesday, m bday, but she didnt know that. Tsuchiya, the guy who refered her, said that he could come becasue he didnt have work. Well after all said and done i said that wednesday was my bday. So we decided we are going to go to that delicious pie shop. Its funny though. For my 2oth bday i am goin wit my GIRL investigator to go celebrate. Its like going on a date. hahaha. I think it is super funny. How many missionaries do you knw that can do that?? I am also going to lunch with another investigator. ALl you can eat Indo curry. Look that up. The stuff is so good. Nan is the best. Bug would love it. I am excited.

So that is what is up with me. I am very busy and continue to be busy. We do have more finding time this week whichi is good becasue we need more investigators. Please pray for me that i will not become prideful with all this success. THat is my biggest fear. I want to stay humble and continue to recieve these blessings. I could also use prayers to learn the langauge better. That is still very important and with me being so busy i dont hav etime in my day to study it. I love you guys so much. Thank you so much for all that you do for me. I am looking forward to getting your package. I hope you have a great week. I cant wait for next week to talk with you guys agian. Love ya tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment