Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, February 20, 2012

20 february 2012

So i can totally tell that you are on drugs and taht you had knee surgery. Your email was lovely, dont get me wrong, i love getting emails from mom. but it was different. Anyways, you are always in my thoughts and my prayers. I am glad that your surgery went well.

My week was very good. But also very long. I dont know why it was so long. Maybe because it was cloudy all week and it just looked super gloomy and kinda sad. But it cleared up for the weekend which is always nice.

So Monday night after pday i went on splits wiht a transfer 4 missionary from Seattle, Washington. He is way cocky and super short. It was a good night. We wnet streeting and placed a book of mormon. Then on tuesday it was raining all day. It sucked. We tried to find a members house but failed miserably so we streeted some more. We talked to a guy who had read the Bible so we gave him the Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. We also had a lesson with Panda. Our chinese investigator. He brought his Girlfrend along too. It was a great lesosn. We taught the 10 Commandments. I let them listen to Mercy Me. THey have a song called "Ten Simple Rules" and i used it and they both loved it and looked up the band. So not a bad day. THe younger missionary i think enjoied his time. He is defferent but he is a good person.

Wednesday i became a man in Japan. Yup 20 years old is the 21 in japan. But it was my birthday. So we had planned to go to lunch with Koh, a gator, but he called and canceled at the last moment, It put me in a downward movement because i know he is avoiding us and i dont like that becasue he is my freind. But we went streeting to make up the time and then went to lunch. Lunch was way good and then we went to go get pie with the other girl, chinese gator, Ini. That was super fun too. THe pie shop is american. THey were playing american music and i got super trunky. Some of the songs and bands that played were some of the things i listend to before my mission. It was super fun. We had a lesson with her too. SO check this out. My 20th bday, lesson with a girl, we taughtr the Law of Chastity. Hahaha. I thought that was super funny. That dont happen to often. But it was a super good lesson and she agreed to live ti. After the lesson she gave me a present. it was super nice and it was a picture of us at the pie shop. (our date picture:)) hahaha. We then had a english class and we made the brownies that you sent me for christmas. It was way good. A student also brought us a cake. After english, we went back to the apt. and sang happy birhtdya, i blew the candles out, had cake, and i opend up the package. Thank you so much, THe package was awesome. I love the pic of bug and his beard and his lizard. I want a beard so bad. I also liked the money. Thank you so much. YOu are the greatest. Over all my birthday was a great one that i will remember for a long time.

On thursday we had the lessson with the grandpa, Yoko, and then we went and played basketball with Panda. That was super fun. I had to stop playing after 2 games because i was turning the game into football and i was looking to hit peeps instead of just ahving fun. I talked with panda about the Book of Mormon. It was way good. It was a really cold day too and it snowed that night.

Friday was super funny. We were making lunch and then we got a phone calll from a P.I. he told us he was at the church and he wanted to meet us. Talk about being blessed. SO we went over there and then taght him the Restoration. It was good. We had District Meeting afterwards. This is where it gets intresting. We were streeting and Elder Crowther stopped a grandpa and introduced us. THe grandpa told us he hated God and just bashed on us. I lost intrest immedeatly. Elder Crowther just kept talking though. Well the old man was suepr rich. He had like 10,000 bucks in one pocket and in the oter he had just about hte smae amount. He was loaded. I honestly thought he was going to give us some. Anyways, the conversation turned and we started talking about the Word of Wisdom. We told him that we dont drink Alcohol, coffee or tea. He laughed at us and mocked us and then said What about Hot chocolate? We told him hat was fine and he took us to go get some HOt Coco. Really wierd. WHen we went into the store, he told all 3 of the workers( whichi were girls) that we didnt drink alcohol, tea, or coffee. They all laughed. I was getting upset but Elder Crowther wanted to talk. While drinking the Coco, he started talking about Elder Crowthers virginity. It was super funny. The Conversation turned into him telling us taht he could buy us some girls. We told him that it was agianst our beliefs and once again he laughed and made it known and everybody else laughed. I wsa glad to be done when it was over but i really realized something. We really do stand out in the world as a religion. It also hurt me to see taht all those peopel didnt see any of the sin as sin. They are really blinded here in Japan. Alot of the times i feel like i am in the scriptures among the rich and prideful and blind minded. We then went to a members house and she made us dinner. It was a bday party for me and Elde Crowther. It was super fun and she got us a cake. I was able to give her son a blessing(in englsih). It was a good night and a fun day.

Saturday we had a ward event, Mochi Tsuki, and Panda came. He stayed the entire time and had a ball. We then had a Flower Arragement class. After all that we taught Panda the Plan of Happiness. He LOVED it. He said it all made since to him. It was great. He is so excited for his baptism. His faith is growing everyday. It is incredible to see.

Sunday Ini and Yoko came to church and Panda showed up after church with his girlfriend. Baseball starts this week so Yoko told us he cant come to chruch and pretty much is going to be off the map for a while. That is sad because he is a great man. I like him and will continue to call him. I taught Ini about Tithing and Fast Offerings while Elder Crowther taught panda and his girl about The Word of Wisdom and Prayer. He got Pandas girlfriend to say the closing prayer. The Lessons wehere really great and we have 2 solid baptismal dates for the 4th of March. I am way excited. We went streetign and found another chinese investigator named Won. We will play basket ball with him on Sat.

But that was my week. Pretty good and long and full of great adventrues. I am now 20 too. Next bday i will be at home. CRAZY!!!! It is amazing to me to see the change that this gospel brings to peopel. Ini and Panda were great people before they started taking the lessons but now their eyes are a differnt color and they are even better. I can really tell the difference in them. It is great. I love it. It really makes me happy to see them happy and liking the Gospel. I know that this gospel is true and really does bless people. I have witnessed it in my life and now in the lives of many others. It is an amazing thing. I am thankful for this expirence taht i am having. It is totally changing me for the better. Like you said in the beginning, it is a Win-Win. I am definately seeing the double wins from it.

I love you mom. I hope that you get better quicker. You are in my prayers and i will put you name on the prayer roll. Can you do something for me. Can you see how Nick Keels is doing? I havent heard from him in awhile and i am kinda worried. I hope he is good and doing well. Keep him involved please. I love you guys. Tell my freinds when you see tehm that they need to write me. Like Chris Callender, Curtis and Jared.

I am doing well but still have some struggles. I could always use the prayers. Just want to let ya know that i am for the most part doing great and having a rockin mission. May 8th is coming up quick. Its like 2 months away. CRAZY!!!! I cnat wait. I love ya. I gotta go. If you have any questions or anything, let me know. Love ya. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment