Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

30 january 2012

Thanks so much for your emali. I love hearing from you and hearing your advice. Its good to know that i have a loving mom. I love you to so much. I also like that you are still the same person taht you were when i left. I got a quilt trip through reading an email. Yup!!! you havent changed and i cant wait to go home. I am just glad i didnt have to look into the eyes. hahah I really did appreciate all that you said. This week i am studying about the Holy Ghost in my personal study becasue i really do need his quidance in my life as a missionary and has a person. I really need and want to know where God wants me to go and what to say. So i am really trying to focus on it this week and hopefully for the rest of my mission. You are right too. I shouldnt of been made but i was really upset that my guy didnt show up and i didnt want to take critisim from anyone. But I am going to do better.


I hope that everything is ok with Breylle and her baby. I was so suprised to hear about waht happend. Tell her and Kayson taht they have my prayers. I will pray for them. Thanks for the update about them though. IT was good to know that KEss was present and taht he let you knwo that he was there. Janalyn was tellign me that she could feel his presence too. I really look up to KEss. I love him so much.

Befeor i forget, i want to let you know my ideas about the Newsletter because you said that you want EVERYBODIES input even mine. So here i go. I thought about it this morning. YOu should have a Miracle of the week or month. Like the best miracles that had happend in the month or 4 weeks of the month. I was also thinking you should do a Missionary Work section. Like something cool that somebody did besides me with sharing the gospel. I thought that would be cool. Another one is having a question of the Month. Have it be a difficult question that would take peopel a while to quess it. Then whoever quesses the right answer first, give them a treat or promise them something. I dont know, maybe to go get In n Out with mom and dad. That was my ideas though. Hope you like them.

My week was really good. Last monday i had this delicious PIE. It was Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse pie. It was so good. The best slice of pie that i have had in Japan. Pie isnt famous here like in america. It was so good. I cant eve describe. I am going back for my bday and my comps bday. From there i was on splits with the most conceded person i have ever met. All he did was talk about himself. He was super prideful. I didnt like how he did missionary work either. He was super rude to people and then he started doing business with them. Way bad. He even said taht he loves money more than a family. Way sad right? This is a missioary Too. I was way taken back. He was an older misionary too. He goes home in 3 months. I was super suprised. We had a lesson with our top gator Koh. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity. He committed to live both of them. BUt what scares me is that he asked about homosexualtiy. I hope that he is not gay. THat would ruin me. I really like this kid alot. I dont think that he is gay but it has been on the back of my mind for a while. He has a date to be baptized on the 4th of next month but wont make it because he needs ot come to church one more time and get his moms permissoin to be baptized. SO this month for sure. I was on splits again on thursday but with a missionary that is more my age. It was super fun. I really liked the missionary and we just talked and loved people and did missionary work the right way and we had fun. So it was a good day. Friday we had district meeting and district lunch. Saturday was transfer calls and wanna know what. I didnt transfer. I am still in the same place of Yamate. I still have the same comp too. The only thing that changed was that i am no longer the District Leader. My reign is over for a season. I will be back though. haha. Yesterday i fasted for the people and that i would be able to find the Lords elect. We then had homemade hamburgers for dinner. It wsa so good. It has to be the best burgers that i have had in Japan. Naybe because it was made by an american. It was so good. It was made just like we used to make them at home. It made my comp homesick. but i was in heaven. It did bring back good memories though.


Its crazy, my birthday and my 1 Year Anniversary (Hump Day) are this transfer. I will be 20 and will have been on my mission for 1 year. I cant believe that. Time is goin by really fast for sure. I really feel like i was just at home celebrating my bday and dads bday. I can remember the day i left for the MTC so clearly. It doesnt seem that long ago. I cant believe that in 6 weeks i will be on the down hill slope. crazy!!!!! I hope that i get a little something for my bday adn Hump day. Those are big events as a missionary. I really want to do something special fro my bday becasue it will be my only one in Japan. So if you have any ideas, please let me know.



So the language seems to be getting better. I am starting to connect the dots on a lot of things. I hope that i will get really good this transfer. Things are just making more since when i study them or when i read them. so, maybe i am starting to be blessed with the Gift of Tongues. Haha jk. I always just think of my set apart blessing. President Barker said that i the language would be easy and i would learn it fast. So maybe.



I really liked what you said about being a friend. I really am trying my hardest to just love people and talke and be their friend. I am also trying to focus on being more confident in myself and believeing in my self. I quess like the Attitude and Believing from the ABC thing. I really want to be more confident but not to confident where i am prideful like the one elder. So that is a transfer goal. I am sure my japanese will pick up too. Like the scrips say As a man thinketh so is he.

Oh i got your letter with all your den notes and bugs draweing. Tell everyone that i say thank you so much. It was super nice and really unexpected. Thank you so much mother. You are the best.

Well i really dont know waht ot write anymore. I can tell you what has been scaring me about home. I eat alot differently has a missionary than i did at home. The thought that scares me really bad is that when i go home will i gian weight because of the difference of how i eat. It is scary. I dont wnat to gain weight. I have managed to weigh 176-180 pounds for the past year and 2 months. I try not to think of it because it is far away and i really dont need to as a missionary. Your diet chnaged me mom. It really did.

Well i love you all. I love you Mother. I hope that you have a great week adn that you are safe. I cant wait to read your letter next week. Next week i will only have 5 weeks til i am sliding down the slope rather than climbing it. Crazy!!! Ill pray for ya all the time. Hope you do the same. God bless you and be with you. Love Ya. .

Love your 5:50 AM getting up in the morning son to go running,

No comments:

Post a Comment