Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

02 January 2011

It was good to get your email! I really enjoied reading about what you did for the New Year week. You know what, it was super good to see and hear you guys. You didnt get to hear much of me but i loved hearing from you. My week has been fast and slow at the same time. I dont know why. But i will fill you guys in on what went down.

Tuesday: I had a District Leader Meeting with President at the Mission Home.
Wednesday: We had a member present lesson and then we taught english.
Thursday: Had weekly planning then a dinner at a members house.
Friday: Had District Meeting, another member present lesson, and then dinner at our Bishops house.
Saturday: Had a lesson about Faith then Dinner at a chinese members house to end the year. (real chinese food on the last day of the year. SO GOOD!!!)
Sunday: Church

So that was pretty much my week. Ya, any free time that we had, we were out on the streets doing work. It has been really difficult to do work here the past 2 weeks because of the holidays. I have to tell you about my area a little bit. It is super SMALL. i can get from the south end to the north end in like 1 hour and 15 min and from the west side to the east side in 15 min. It is super small but it has lots of hills. It also has lots of tourists. It is a very famous spot in Japan for people to come and visit. It has China Town, and a tower named Landmark tower (fastest elevator in Japan). So with the holidays there has been lots of toursists from all over Japan and the world and when we stop someone they tell us that they told live in my area and dont want to listen and then go on there way. It has been super hard. But things should be rolling forward soon with the holidays over. My ward also has about 55 to 60 active members. It is pretty small. Yesterday at church there was barely 30 with kids included and the missionaries. Way small area, land and church wise, but huge area people wise. Since i am in a very popular place, there is alot to see during the day when i am working so i dont get to bored. But i get a bit trunky.

My 2 member present lessons were way good. The first one was with an 18 year girl and we taught the Restoration. I was thinking of how i can teach it unique from other missionaries. And then the idea came to me. SO i had an apple but on the apple i had drew lines dividing the apple into like 6 pieces. I then wrote different principles inbetween the lines. So the apple represents the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The core of the apple(with the seeds and stuff) is the preisthood. The preisthood holds everything together. But when Jesus and his apostles were killed, peopel only took things they liked from the True Gospel. So inorder to show that i started cutting the apple into peices around the core and dividing the apple. I then told her that the Preisthood was need to hold or perform all the ordinances of the True Gospel but the preisthood was gone. I then led that into the Restoration and said taht when Joseph Smith prayed God and Jesus revealed the True Gosple agian. So i showed another apple that was perfect and not cut up into pieces. And at the center of that gospel is Faith. THe apple seeds. I thought it was a great example. I am sorry if it sounds confusing over the net but it was good. THe other lesson was good too. We talked about Faith and then he came with us to the Bishops house for dinner. He had a really good time. The kid is way cool. In our other lesson we watched Finding Faith in Christ. I looked over at the Shiozawa, Our investigator, and he was crying. We asked him about the video and what his thoughts were and he just said how important Christ was and he wanted to meet agian. We then testified to what he said and invited him to read Alma 7. He accepted. It was a really spiritual lesson. I really enjoied it.

My new years was kinda rough. We didnt have anyone to church adn my mind was else where for some reason. I really didnt feel like a New Years. I am glad that you all had good one and hope that you enjoied quading. I am super jealous aobut that. Like i said my area gets me super trunky. Today is pday and we went to a Billabong and Quiksilver store that we found on the busy street. It was an old memory. It got me super trunky. Some of my old music was playing and i saw stuff that i wore before my mission and stuff that i wanted. I want this quiksilver belt. It is black and has the Quiksilver logo has a belt buckle. I want it so bad. But it is 50 bucks. Maybe i ll get it for my birhtday. But it made me super trunky and just made me start to think about my life befoer my mission. I cant believe that i have got only like a year left. THat is crazy.

This morining i was thinking about this transfer already. I got really stressed last because i saw everyones stats. every area in my district has gotten 11 lessons thus far in the transfer expect me and my comp. we only have 5. So i got really stressed just comparing myself to the other areas. THat was a BIG oops. This morning i was writing about my transfer to the President and i realized that i dont need to compare or prove anyone how hard i am working or how many lessons, investigators, or referrals i get. THe Lord sees how hard i am working and knows my heart. I realized that this morning and it made me feel super good. Here are some of the miracles:
When i first came to this area they had 1 kinda investigator, and no potentials. THe ward also didnt trust the missionaries. So that was a hard thing to come into. THats exactly what happened last transfer to me. But since the begining fo the transfer i have had more member present lessons than ohter lessons. We have found 5 new gators. We have visited 12 member families. Have gotten tons of P.I.s. And also have eaten at the members houses at least twice a week. So with all those i just had to take a moment to think about all the good that i have seen in an area taht is a tourist site. PRETTY DANG GOOD!!! We have also gained the trust of the members. So i dont think that i am a bad missionary at all if i dont have 11 lessons in 2 weeks or 5 new gators in 1 week. We have gained the trust of the members, eaten with the members, and done lessons with the members. You have to have a foundation before you start building right? I think the past 2 weeks have been building the foundation, now its time to start building the real thing. I am sure the Lord is going to bless us. We are planning on Next week doing a power week. We are going to get up at 5:50 every morning and only exercise for 1/2 hour. That means i am sacrificing my workout. THen we will start personal study at 7:30 instead of 8:00. We will get 1/2 hour more of work in the day by doing this. Hopefully the Lord will see our sacrifices and bless us. Not working out by the way is a HUGE sacrifice. But i really felt like if i did that, the Lord really will bless us with lots of success.

Well that is all about i have to say to you guys this week. I sure love all of you. I hope that you all have had a great holiday season. I got your Christmas letter and i love the calender adn card. Its great. Oh next week is fast sunday. I was wondering if you could fast for these people. Yoshitake, Furoishi, Shiozawa, adn Koh. THese are our investigators. Yoshitake really wants to be baptized but his parents wont give him permission. So really please pray for him. All of them are 18 so we need all of their parents permission. So please fast that they will accept to be baptized and get their parents permission. That would be great. I love you and always pray for you. I cant wait to hear from ya next week but more on Mothers Day. only 4 more months. God Be With you Always!!!! Stay classy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment