Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

09 January 2012

THanks so much for the awesome emial!! I really enjoied reading on how everyone is doing and how your week went!!! I hope that this year is a good year for me too! I think last year was a really good one but it had its hard parts for sure. I hope this year is better than last year. I think it will be!!!

So i quess i will just get right on the dot on what went down in my week!!! There is alot!!!

Tuesday: Way good and very hard day. We went to the busiest part of my area. Its a place called Sakaragichou. Its got a theme park and tons of shopping malls and a tower called Landmark Tower. Its famous here in Japan. We went to the train station do do work. The train station looked like the scene off the Best 2 Years where they are doing work in the little square area and everyone is going in every direction. THats how this place was. It was nuts. I really felt like i was on the movie because no one wanted to listen to me. NO ONE!!! I didnt talk to one person for 2 hours. Peopels hearts here are really hard. That made for a very hard day.

Wednesday: We were back in the same place but this time with an old investigator. He was super lonely and needed someone to talk to. I reazlized on that day that i represent Jesus Christ. Its not everyday that peopel get to spend 1 on 1 with the savior. So spending it with his representatives is just as good. I think we really helped him out. Just talked and were his freinds. He bought us some food too. He is super nice but has no interst in church whatsoever. But little by little he will come to see that our kindness comes from the church. we just have to show love.

Thursdayand Friday: I was on splits with a Korean. It was fun. He speaks english fluently. He can talk too. It was kinda of a hard night on thursday night. THe ward i was visiting had a member baptism. I got to thinking about my mission adn stuff. THe only baptisms i have seen on my mission are 8 year old baptisms. I know i am not a failure but i would really like one of my investigators to get baptized while i am there someday. But it was good split. ON friday we had District Meeting too. On the way back, i saw a Navy person, so i went to talk to him. I came to find out he is from New York. But he lived 10 min. away from HIll Cumorah!! He was not a member. He had some many questions and super good intrest. It was super difficult to teach him the Restoration becasue i havnt taught it in English in like 7 months. He felt the spirit for sure. I gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. I didnt get his number or email because he doesnt own a computer or phone. I really hope that he finds the missionaries that are in his area. He was awesome!!!! While i was doing that my comp was expireincing something different. At a stop a couple got on the train and stood between me and him. The couple came to find out wasnt a couple and the girl was married to someone else. Ya, thats right!!! THey were on their way to go to a little something something while her husband was at work. THey were american too. Talk about weird!!! I was on a spiritual high and my comp was in like hell. It was just kinda funny. THat stuff is pretty common here in Japan though. sad to say.

Saturday: Me and my comp had a great talk. We were both having a really hard day. It was super difficult. I realized a bunch of stuff in our talk taht i wanted to let him know. We were both trying to fiqure out why it was so hard. We fiqured it was becasue we were turning into robots. Saying the exact same stuff with every person. we were expceting for people to say no. We had no joy. I also came to realize that i hadnt been my selft. THis is the first time i have a younger comp. I quess i really wanted to have a good image about me so he could tell other missionaries about me. I was super prideful. I was not being myself. I tried to just prove that i was a good missionary and doing stuff that i wouldnt normally do so i could get praise. Its really bad for me to say. I am thankful that i was able to notice it. I knew that there was something wrong, i could feel it but i didnt know what it was. I have repented adn i am going to be myself for now on. Maybe i needed to learn this becasue everyone says i am going to train next transfer, so if that is the case i wont have to impress anyone. It was a super good talk. It started at 8pm and didnt get done til 12:15pm.

Sunday: Probably the best Sunday i have had in Japan. I had an investigator to church. In sacrament meeting all the talks, which were 3, were super awesome. Peopel had the topic of how the gospel changed their lives nad how they joined the gospel. Pretty much their conversion story. Super awesome. I know my gator felt the spirt so much. He loved chrch. In my ward their are 2 deaf people. So almost everyone can do sign langauge. So after church i went to hte Sign Langauge Class. It was super fun. Its Japanese Sign Language. I now know how to introduce myslef, tell wher ei am from, and my age in japanese sign langauge. Its awesome. I love it. To end the day, we had pork chops and potatoes. I thought that the pork was steak wehn we bought it but it was pork. But it was a good memory from home. Really good day.

Today: I started my power week. I am sacrificing working out so i can be out working 30 min earlier. I really want to find the people the Lord has prepared, so in order to do that i need to sacrifice somethign so i can do that. I chose working out and being out 30 min. earlier. Hopefully this will show the Lord my faith and he will bless me to find those he has prepared. On our way home, their was like a block party. TOday is a japanese holiday and everyone pounds rice into this gooey stuff called Mochi. It was super fun and really good. I got offered Sake(Japanese alcohol), Beer and tobacco. I have seeen everything this past week that God doesnt want us to do. But It was super fun and really good. Not the beer and stuff, the mochi. Today i also started something called the 7 Day Challenge. The challene is to eat Nato (Ferminted Soybeans) for 7 days straight. They say if you do that, you will like the stuff. BTW Nato is super gross. I had it once my first transfer and it was disqustign. But ireally want to get into the culture of Japan. Someone told me the best foreign speakers are the best becasue they accept the culture. So i decieded i have to do what japanese people do. ANd they eat Nato. Nato is super healthy for you to. One pack is only 95 cal and 8 grams of protein. Its like all protein. I already had my first pack and its gross. trust me. I am taking a video of it everyday. You will see.

So that was my week. I am super happy about my talk i had with my comp. It has relieved so much stress. I cant put in words how good it was. I am so happy about it. It really has been a rough week for me. Like i said before, the people here are really hard in thier hearts. I go out finding for 7 or 8 hours a day and i will return with no numbers or new investigators. I am learning something of improtance though, i dont think i will be shy to talk to girls or people when i get home. It is becoming really natrual to just start talking to someone. So i am excited to put my streeting skills into practice on girls when i get home. hahaha.

I love you so much!! Todya i have been on my mission for 10 months. Can you believe that. I have been in Japan for 230 days too. It is so crazy. Only like 2 months til i will it my 1 year mark and then i am on the down hill side. 62 days until my hump day! Crazy!!! I thought i would let you knwo that. I love you!!! I hope you are enjoing my pices. I would really love it if you could send those cards back as soon as possible. I got another one to send home and you will love it. Its going to be my best one yet. I love you!! Have a good week and look for the missionary oppurutunities. I heard an apostle say 'How can we pray for our missionaries to have expirences, if we ourselves dont look for them?" You are awesome mom. I love you!!! You are the best thing ever!!!!!

Much Love from the Nato Eating Son,

No comments:

Post a Comment