Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Sunday, October 30, 2011

30 October 2011

So I cant wait to tell you about my week but i must put in my thoughts of the week that you expireneced. So you will just have to wait a little bit.


Sounds like you had a way busy week or monday i should say. I hope all of your pictures are doing good and have not been lost. Nohting will happen from dad writing that letter. Highland sucks. They have crudy peopel working there besides you. Everyone loves you. I am glad that bug got his jersey. I remember that is like one fo the only things i wanted when i played. I too am glad taht football is over for him. I hope your card tournament is going swell. Did bug go on splits with the missionaries? I think he needs to do that more. I wish i would of. It really prepares people. I am glad taht he enjoied it though. I did hear that Bries shower was a hit. I love Cafe Rio but i like Chipotle better ( hahahah). I am glad taht bug got his name called out over the speakers. It always makes me feel good to hear taht. I am happy he played hard and did what he could. Good for him. I am so happy football is over. How was garage seling? I have a few things i would like for christams to add to my list. I will tell you later though. I loved the ward party much more than trunk or treating too. Oh well.

Ok now i will tell you about my week and how great it was. IT was so much fun and i really loved being here.

Monday: After Pday we went and played indoor soccer. IT was so much fun. I havent played soccer in along time but ithought that i did pretty good against people who love soccer. The japanese were afraid of me though becasue i could run fast and i was bigger than them. It was funny. I met a really cool dude who lived in Australia too. He was awesome and thought i was cool too. I was so sore for liek 2 days after playeing soccer becasue i havent done any of that since the MTC!!! IT felt so good tho!!!

Tuesday: I was able to read emails from DAd, Justin, and Kamas. I was really touched about what they said and i pondered on it and prayed about it alot. The letter i just sent to you taht was for my President was written on Last tuesday in response to what i felt and My answers to my Prayers. It really was a good day. I loved my letters and I can firmly say that I AM NOT COMING HOME!!! I have made up my mind and i am going to stick with those guns! They are the most powerful.

Wednesday: I was able to teach my favorite investigator Michael. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation. I really connect with him super well. I love him so much. After the lesson we asked if he had any concerns and he told us about his grandma. He moved to Japan like 2 years ago. He loves his grandma. She passed away while he has been here in Japan and he was wondering if he will ever see her again. I was so happy to testify and promise him that he would see her again. I love bearing testimony about how families can be together forever. I read Christiaans email. HIs advice was to me was to fall on my testimony. I do everytime. I learned that one along time ago. But thinking about it now, testifying about how families can be together forever really makes me happy. i was super happy that i was able to share with him about Kess. I saw the look in his eyes. He realy has concern and when i promised him that , a new light entered his eyes. I loved it so much. I am worried for him though. He doesnt comprehend any language very well. He is on the slow side. He speaks really good english but cant understand when he reads it. That is a problem becasue he NEEDS to read the Book of Mormon. Thank heavens for the LDS website and its simpel BOM videos. We can have him read a certain part and then send a video along with it. SO when he is done and doesnt understand, he can watch the video (which is like a cartoon) and understand it. I did that with him and he said he loved it. So grateful for this wonderful tool. Also i have you and the family now. HE was so happy taht you added him. Please help him. I will be transfered and i dont want to loose him.

Thursday: We went to a less-actives daughters birthday party. IT was funny becasue they had tons of food. so who do they call. . . the missionaries. It was philippino food because it was a philippino family. I loved it so much. such good food. Anyways, we thought the party was dead but we were wrond. It was very much alive and people kept coming. We ended up having 7 contacted referrals and talked to everyone of the philippinas about church and our activites. It was super fun. THe little kids loved us too. THey reminded me alot of my nephews. It was hard not to reak rules but oh well. I had a ball. We talked to the less-actve about her family and found out that the birthday girl had not been baptized yet. So we talked and she wants to be baptized. So we set a date there. IT was suepr good. Talk about a philippino week in Japan.

Friday: We went to a older sisters house. She invited all her friends to hear about the Plan of Salvation. Maybe becasue they all are worried because they are gonna die soon. Yup they are way old. Maybe in their 80s. Anywho, They lesson went super good. We taught really simpley and they loved it so much. They couldnt get enough. THey wanted more. It was super fun to see thme get all excited about this. We read from the book of mormon and they said that it was super simple. Maybe because the book is as old as they are. hahaha. It was super good. We committed all 3 of them to baptism too. I think my area is now the number 1 area with the most dates. we have 6. It was super good lesson and the member is awesome. She is a beast of a missionary. SHe called us this morning and tomorrow we are going to her house again to teach a seperate group of old ladies the same lesson. These old people are so popular. It should be reaally fun and more dates.

Saturday: Our ward Halloween party. It was super god. We had a ton of investigators come and nonmembers and less-actives. It really was a fun night. but very different. Some of the boothes were super funny.

So that was pretty much my week. It was full of Philippino's, Plan of Salvation, and Parties. I had so much fun. It really was so enjoiable. I can definatley see the difference after just 6 days of sayin "I am a committed Japan Tokyo Missionary". It is so much easeir. This week was just so good.

Tell justin Happy Birthday for me. I love him so much and am so grateful for him. I hope that he got my letter and enjoied it.

So as far as my Christmas list goes:electric shaver, i need deoderant (stuff that DOESNT have antipersperiant-kamas knows), Dog tags, a hand made scarf, and a Purple sport cord from Dicks sporting store. It is a stretchy cord for workouts. I had one before i left. Bug and Kamas should know about this. YOu can get them at Dicks sporting goods by san tan mall. I really need a new one. IT needs to be purple. so that is my list so far. I cant think of anything else. BUt if i do, i will let you know.

I love you so much mom. I am so grateful that i have a mom like you back at home. I cant wait to hear your voice on Christmas. I am so grateful that i had a good week this week adn i am looking forward to another great one this week. We have already planned so many fun things. It is going to be great. I love this gospel. I really do. I know i dont say it very much in my emails , but i appreciate it more than you know. Trust me. I love you. Next week i will be transfering. Presidnt has already told me that. SO my pday is going to be on my tuesday adn your monday. Just letting you know. I also might be a District Leader. Who knows. They are making the young missionaries leaders, and old missionaries trainers. I am excited for this week. It is going to be so fun. Take care and stay classy. God be with you always. . .

Love your son, the American Samurai,

Elder Kurt Van De Graaff

P.S. Here are some cool qoutes that i found.

ALl that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans.

Afflictions, trials, and temptaions are mandatory. Misery is optional. ( I like this the most)

Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment