Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

30 August 2011

Holy Crap!!! This was such a BLUEBIRD week. How did you know that i had a good week? This week was just amazing! I dont know why either! Alot of things that would of made me upset happened. Its good to hear about your week and all that went down. I am glad to hear that you enjoied this past week as much as i did. My fast went really good too.

Thank you so much for putting my name on the Prayer Roll at the temple. It means so much to me. It really does. I appreciate it alot. Like i said last week. I fasted on Monday so that my language skills would just explode and that i would be less homesick. I thought that my fast has been really helping me out alot. I dont feel comfortable with the language but i am no longer going to let that stop me. I have been really shy to talking to people. But now i dont give a crap. I am goign to try and talk with them. Thats how i can show my faith that i want to learn. Thats how i will become better. It was a really good fast i thought. Thanks so much for tellign me about what you taught on Sunday. I love learning about the Atonement and about Jesus Christ. You can never get enough. I love reading anything i can about Jesus. I love him so much and i have really come to trust in him on my mission.

Sounds like you had an awesome Mutual activity goin down. thanks alot for teaching me how to make bbq. they dont have it here in japan and if i can find it, it is super expensive. Knowing how to make bbq sauce will help out so much with what i can make for food. Like now i can make sloppy joes, or have bbq chicken. It will really help. thank you thank you thank you. I really apprecitate you telling me how to make the cake. but we have a problem. they dont sell cake mixes here and fruit is super expensive. the cake sounds so good but unless i get sent some i will never be able to make it. but if i ever come across some i will definatley have to make it.so thank you for that good idea and reciepe.

HOw was Highland? I dont miss that place at all haha. I am glad that you enjoied it though. Are you planning on working there after bug graduates? Roasted chilis sound so good. we buy green chilis but i never have time to roast them. i dont even think i have a place i could roast them. oh well. they will be super good when i come back. it is a good idea to give to the members as well.

It sucks that bug didnt get to play at all in lhis game. I am glad that he was that mad. I really hope that he just has the attitude of "just playing to workout and stay in shape" that is the best attitude ever. Escepicially when your team sucks. I have been finding pennies here alot lately too. they arent american pennies though. they are 1 yen coins. but i have been finding them when i run in the morning. i really appricitate them.

How come you never fed the football team when i played? I always looked forward to the day when you and dad would do that for me! What the heck. this system is rigged. Bug is so spoiled. I wanted you to feed the football team when i played. I always talked about it with eric san diego haha. i am glad that it turned out well. ITs awesome to hear that Kamas went to the Football game. Did he go with you know who? I hope so! I have been praying for him alot. I hope things really work out. Its cool to hear that my Chargers won the game too. I am happy.

Grandma would know more about Breas family than anyone. what do you expect from old people. they get around and know everyone haha.

So like i said. My week was really good. i will tell you what happened.

Monday: I finished my fast and it was raining all day. We went and visited a less active who didnt want us there. We went housing and found a mom who wanted us to come back. when i say wanted i mean she said we could come back.

Tuesday: We had a Zone Conference, so i wasnt in my area at all. The conference was good, but since i am a ZL comp. i already knew almost everything taht was being said. I quess that is a plus aobut being with aZL. So i started to talk with people alot more. ON the train ride home i talked with 2 people. one was in English and the other was in Japanese. IT was way good. It lifted my spirits way high to know i held a convo. in japanese and understood most of it. Later taht night we taught one of our investigators.

Wednesday: The investigator that we taught on tuesday night emailed us and said she didnt want us to teach her anymore. she was way promisisng too. she was super nice and really open. we are plannning on emailing her still though. It rained like no other this day too. It was coming down hard for like 5 hours. Luckly i was in the apt. when this was happening. It was thundering too. It was way awesome. When we did leave the apt. it was stil raining pretty hard though. We went to this apartment to put in flyers in their mail boxes and there were little girls playing in the rain. they came in and started talking with us. It was awesome. Japanese people love talking with americans. So the little girls getting a chance to talk with us was a dream come true. they reminded me of my nephews. they all were different ages and they were playing together. Get this, they asked for our autograph. it was awesome. such a miracle. Later, we had an appointment fall through again and ended up doing more suff in the rain.

Thursday: This is our weekily planning day except we didnt do weekly planning. Instead we talked about our ward and there misionary work. THe members here in the narita ward dont do to much missionary work. They have stopped. so we talked aobut things we needed to talk with the bishop about getting the fire bakc. It was good. We had 2 lessons get canceled. Lessons get canceled all the time. Thats why it is hard.

Friday: We went to the Mission Home for a Confernece. It was good and i got to meet up with people from the MTC. It ws fun. One my friends from the MTC went home though. I hope he will be back out. Afterconference we had Weekly Planning.

Saturday: So do you remeber the guy i told you about taking away his cigarettes? well he called us up. we havent talked with him in 6 weeks. he had been in the hospital and had to stop smoking. He came and played ping pong with us and then took us to lunch. He has really changed alot. It is such an amazing thing to see what sins can do to you. He is super happy and doesnt wnat to start smoking again. WE then went to our stake conference adult session where our mission president jsut told the stake that their missionary fire has stopped. That really helped us when we talked with our bishop. It was way good and just what we needed.

Sunday: So we had Stake Conference and i didnt understand anything. but from what my comp was telling me it was good. When we got back to our area, we went and visited a investigator we havent seen in 3 weeks. The visit was way good. We ended up talking for 2 hours about him. He told me taht he was feeling pressured into the church. He has never learned about Jesus or God let me remind you and doesnt understand why we have so many churchs or which one is true. He said he didnt want to join any unless he knew that it was the right one. I told him about Joseph Smith and the Doctrines of Christ. He really connected with Joseph smith. I promised him that if he would pray everyday that he would recieve and anser on sunday on which church was true. He said he would do it. It was a way good night and i loved taliking with him.

Monday: I was on splits with a Travelling Assistant. They are to teach me about computers and go streeting wiht me. The computers part suck becasue i knew everything. My comp is a Computer Science major and knows everything about this computer. so win i wsa on splits getting taught about stuff i already knew, it was super boring. Streeting was fun though. I thought i would never say that. Right off the bat we found a new investigator. We gave him a church tour. Its funny because i met this guy on my 2nd day in transfer 2. haha. small world. but it was a good day needless to say. i enjoied it.

Today has also been good. THe weather has been amazing. The wind is blowing and it is in the mid 70's. It definatly feels and looks like fall outside. That lifted up my spirits. I cant wait til october to come. That is reall fall and my favorite time of the Year. I am fasting for my investigator to get his answer on sunday today also. I really need to show faith and fulfill my promise. Please pray for him that he will get his anser.

So, quess what. On sunday i had my 1 year anniversary of starting the HCG diet. I started the diet 1 year ago. Crazy Uh? i cant believe that it has been a year. On 28 August 2010 i wieghed 250 LBS, as of 28 August 2011 i weigh 176 LBS. I cant believe how much wieght i have lost. its crazy to think that was a year ago. I will send you a pic of how i look. Please keep it.

I cant beliee that christiaan is in Africa. That is so crazy!!! HE will love it! I am stoked for him and will defindatley have to pray for him. So i hit my 25% mark on 8 September 2011. That is in 1 week from thursday. I cant believe that i have been on the mish for 6 months. It is so crazy to think. I really want time to go by faster though. I want everyweek to be like this one. It was jsut an amazing week and it makes me proud to say that i was a missionary. I hope i get a cool package or something so i can celebrate!!! anyways, i love you with all my heart. Christmas is coming up fast and i cant wait to talk with you and the family. But i cant think to far ahead. I am having wonderful moments as you can tell. I can see those miracles and i write them down. I am happy. I will think BLUEBIRD for the week and stay happy. This next week will go by so fast and Bug will be 18. WEIRD!!! Ill try not to be to hard on myself but i will be focused and diligent. I love you and all the advice you have given me. Thank you. I cant wait to hear from you next week.

Love your Son,
Elder Kurt Van De Graaff

1 comment: