Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

15 August 2011

So, i am super excited to read about your week in TN! It sounds like you had just an amazing time up there! I want to go and view all the old Civil War sites and stuff like that! That would be so cool! I am glad that you and Dad both had a good time and that the trip was able to be a good trip for dad.

It sounds like you had a way busy but very fun week. My week was not as fun as yours though. I wish it was though. On tuesday, we went and did some posting. (putting flyers in peoples mailboxes) It sucked. August is by far the hottest month here in Japan. I can just stand outside and within 2 minutes i will be sweating as if i had been running for 10 minutes. Its very hot and super humid. so we went posting at like 2 in the afternoon. the hottest part of the day! i was drenched in sweat and i never got dry agian the whole day. it was pretty hard. We had a party with our members and 2 of our investigators but out investigators dropped out 30 min before our dinner appoitement. so we just had dinner at the members house. we had korean food and it was pretty good. it was a rough day though.

Wednesday, we had splits. I was here with Elder Lacayo. A brazilian. He was also the other zone leader. We had a lesson planned out but our investigator bailed out again and didnt call us. It sucked. We did have another lesson before english class though. Yet again another uneventful day and kinda rough.

Thursday we went down to do another Kisarazu Blitz! we had district meeting and lunch too. I was on streeting from 3-5 with Elder Welch and 5-7 was housing with Elder Wilson (DL). Streeting Sucked. We walked again in the hottest part of the day for 2 hours and didnt talk to one person. No one was on the streets. There is a reason for that. No one wants to be outside and melt. I walked like 4 miles in that time period. Housing was pretty good. We ended up talking and walking and he gave me some really good advice and leadership skills. but again, we walked like another 4 miles. all in all it wasnt a horrible day. I was able to stay positive but it was rough and way tiring. After that, i went on splits with Elder Madsen (my DL) we went to his area called Chousei. I had the best night sleep ever because their apartment has beds. It was amazing.

On friday we did nothing special. They have a very rural area as well and nobody was out. We had lunch with a less active and she just talked the entire time. I didnt understand anything she said. Not one thing. but that was friday. Nothing really exciting happend then.

Saturday was transfer calls. I am still in my same area. I didnt get transfered. I was alittle bummed about it. I really did wanted to get transfered. but oh well. I still have the same companion too. I kinda wanted a new comp. Elder MacCabe is the ZL and he is super uptight. He is on the computer all day long. there are things i have to be patient with him on. He loves to talk. he talks and repeats himself over and over and over again. It drives me nuts. He really beats around the bush too. but all in all we get along pretty well and this transfer should be good.

I hope that this transfer goes by faster than last transfer. Last transfer was definetaly easier than my 1st transfer. It went by really fast and i hope that it goes by faster. I hope that this week is better than last week too. The past 2 weeks have been hard. I have been trying really hard to keep positive though. I have made it a goal to just explode with the language this transfer. I really want to speak it. I have to put in the work to do so. Little by little things are making sense. I just cant speak. it drives me nuts. If i ever get down its because its with the language. I want to speak so bad.

I love you so much Mom! You talking about going to movies and going out to eat is making me super jealous. I want to go to Texas Roadhouse or Vennicias so bad. The food here is starting to taste the same. Maybe that is becasue i only have 3 options to choose from. Taco rice, Mabadofu, or Yakisoba. That is all we eat in our apartment. It drives me nuts but it does save me money. I want variety in my food. My comp cant see that. I have had the strongest desire for Steak and Mexican and Pizza. I want that food so bad.

I love you all so much. I hope that you get my letters that i sent to you. They are for Kelly and Janalyns kids. I also sent Bug a letter with my camera card in it. I am trying to take as many pictures as possible but my comp is against taking pictures. You can ask dad why i say that. I hope that everyone is doing well. When does school start for Bug? I hope that he enjoies football and does well. I do have nick keels email. it is:nicholas.i.keels@us.army.mil. Tell grandma i love her and that i appreciate her. I hope you guys have a good time at the party. i wish i could go. Anyway, I love and pray for everyone at home. I am glad to hear about kamas and all the success he is having. Such a answer to my prayers. I hear that justin has also gotten a job. I am grateful for that too. Thanks for praying for me to get the language. I really hope that my language skills will just explode this transfer. I love you all so much. I cant wait to see you all agian .Pleas stay safe. I hope taht you have a good fast week. I cant wait to read your emails next MONDAY! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Love your Son,

Kurt Van De Graaff

No comments:

Post a Comment