Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

22 august 2011

It is so good to read your email and get the rundown on how everyone is doing! Sounds like bug is doing pretty well in football if he is being yelled at yby the coach. Its crazy that they scrimmiged Chandler. I never played them my senior year but i know they have a huge football team. their players are massive. way to go bug on sticking it to them and playing against them. I will be sending him a birthday card to him today. I cant believe that he is a senior in high school and that he will be 18 years old. that just blows my mind. I love him so much. I miss him alot too. I hope that he does good in football! Your trip to the cabin sounded way fun. PLaying cards sure seemed familar. i quess it was a good thing that it wasnt raining. i had totally forgot about that detail. haha. good times. I love our family. What a good way to show Brie what the reall VDG family is about. hahahaha. I hoep that it didnt scare her away. I dont think it did. Sounds like Kamas really likes her. I will continue to pray for him and his success with her. I will also pray for Justin and that he will get a better, higher paying job. He really does deserve someting better. But at least he has a job and can support his family. I hope kendi likes her new appt. I got a letter from Grandma E. saying that she had a date in Tuscon. Is this true? How did that go? Kendi has moved apartements like every year since going to UofA. She has got to be having fun down there. Is she a senior in the Music School or just a Juinor? Man, i cant believe that school is already starting back up. that is so crazy. I hope that everyone does good and all in there studies. Its good to hear that boo and marilyn are doing good. Did you get the letters to give to Kelly when she goes up? I hope she does well too! How does she look now? Anyways, thanks for the update on everyones week. It really does sound like you guys had an amazing week. Sounded really super fun. I wish i could of been there for it.

My week was not as good as yours. It was actually pretty dang slow and hard. I think it was so hard because of alot of factors. The weather, white days, being homesick, and stuff like that. It was the 1st week of transfer 3. That means my comp gets with the other ZL alot to discuss Zone goals and stuff. I had white days, or days where i had no lessons or anything, almost everyday this week. So needless to say, i did alot of housing, streeting, and train rides. My tire popped also, so i had to walk which was in noway fun at all. I walked for like 3 hours trying to find this bike shop on wednesday, just to find out taht the bike shop is closed on wednesday. It just capped off my day. It was the hottest day we have had here in japan too. So i was sweating like nonother. I quess Thursday was the fastest day of the week and thats because we had a super spiritual lesson with a less active. She told us her story of goin inactive. We told her that the Power of the Atonement can heal her and that she just needed to apply it. We challenged her to pray for the desire to forgive the person who wronged her and to start applying the atonement in her life. she agreed to try. It was really super spiritual. I really enjoied it. I think that is why thursday went by so fast. Friday it rained all daylong and haas been raining eversince. It was cool on friday though because there was lightning and thunder. It was the first time i had seen lightning in Japan. It was a super crappy day though because i was streeting and housing all day. ALL DAY! and we had no success. Saturday i was in the apartment all day becasue of things my comp needed to finish. I really think that ZLs should be a companionship so they dont waste other missionaries time. I would much rather be outside in the rain or the heat than to be at my desk doing nothing. Doin nothing just makes me feel useless and makes me want to come home. Sunday was not the best. I went to an area that is closed because of the lack of members. I went with the Bishop to go give the Sacrament to the members that are there. I gave a talk on Obedience and it went ok. It was like a 1 hour drive there and back. It gave me alot of time to think about my week and what i can improve on. it also made me very homesick. I love driving and seeing the beauty of the world. Just driving brought up memories of goin to the cabin, or to california with the family. I hadnt been this homesick in 3 weeks. I really wanted to come home yesterday. I did think alot of my week and what i can do to improve it. I am sick and tired of not knowing the language and gettign down on myself. On friday I read in Mosaih 27. Alma the Younger conversion story. Verse 22 really hit me in the heart. It is alma telling his preists to fast with him so that his son would recieve his strength and the ablitiy to talk so that the people could see and know the goodness of God. He had them fast and pray to see a miracle. I really thought about that over the last couple of days. I have been wondering how i can show more faith to God on learning the language. After thinking about that on sunday, i came up with the conclusion that i needed to fast to have his hand in my learning ablity more abundantly. And also that i would focus more on the work than on being homesick. So, right now i am fasting. I would really apprecitate it if you and the family could pray that m fast will go good and that the lord will bless my efforts. I made it a goal to really explode m langauge skills. A fast will cap off that goal and i will progress much faster. Or at least that is what i am hoping. I wish i could tell you this in person. It is so hard over the computer.

I really hope that this week goes much better than last week. I think last week was so hard becasue we had white days(tracting all day/no lessons) everyday. Time really is going by fast but ireally want it to go by faster. in 17 days i will be out on my mission for 6 months. crazy!!! 25% already done in 17 days. I wish it would go faster though. I cant wait to talk to all of you and be able to see everyone too. I love you all so much. I love you alot mom. I appreciate everything you do for me. I am also excited for fall to come. It is by far my favorite season. I cant wait till it comes around. I can start to tell it is coming. The sun here is rising later and setting earlier. It is also gettign cooler. It has been raining since friday and is expected to rain pretty much til the end of the week. I dont have any rain gear. haha. i will manage though. I love the sun more than the rain as a missionary. When i was at home, the rain was always a treat. but now when it rains, i dont want to do anything. just go to my apartment and watch movies and stuff. When it rains, I dont want to be a missionary. Its weird how my perspective has changed on rain since becoming a missionary. Rain just makes me depressed. Well that is my week. Nothing really intresting happend. Sorry to disappoint you. But i am trying to find all the miracles and write them down. It has been super hard. Escpessialy when you have no success and out in the rain for over 9 hours. But i am trying. I love you so much. I wish i could give you a hug and a kiss. I cant wait til the day comes that i will be able to do that. I love reading your emails and hearing about how everyone is doing. I am glad that you had a super good week. I hope that i have a good week this week. I should. Please continue to pray for me and i will do the same for you. I dont have much else to say. It was good to hear that Kamas had alot to say about me. I reeally miss kicking it with him. We did alot of fun things together. I miss him so much. I am glad that i am his brother. He is an amazing example to me. I cant wait til next week. I hope it comes fast.

Love your Son,

Kurtiepie!!!

P.S. THe food here is starting to taste the same. I think i have the 3 same things everyweek. Taco Rice, Mabodofu, and Yakisoba. That is all i eat. I miss eating Steak and Potatoes, Pancakes, Bacon, Chicken, PIZZA, Hamburgers. America has such variety in food. Here it all just starts to taste the same. My comp doesnt like buying to much food because it is expensive. It sucks. I miss meat so much. I want steak so bad. i am going to go crazy hahaa. oh well. I love you! I just needed to let you know that i love your food alot better than here.

No comments:

Post a Comment