Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, November 21, 2011

21 November 2011

Thank you so much for these emails. I am so grateful that Kamas is finally married. I have been prying so hard for him. i really have and to hear that he is finally married is so good and makes me super happy. I am so grateful for them. They look really good. you could of told me the gold was more yellow like. oh well though. I am glad that he had a really good weekend. Everybody looks super happy. i am way pumped about it.
Well my week was full of ups and little downs. It was a bit hard at times too. But for the majority of the week, it was super good and i am proud of the work that i have accomplished. Monday after P-day, we went streeting and ended up talkin to this one dude who looked like Ab Lincoln. well, we taught him pretty much every lesson and the spirit was with us big time because both of us understood most of the dudes japanese and we were able to answer him. Unfortuntaly the guy didnt give us any info and didnt want to meet us again. It was super depressing seeing that. People do it all the time. THey like what we preach but they dont want to ever meet again. Thats how the work goes here.

Tuesday we streeted all day long. I was super suprised at it because i hated streeting. Do you remember when i 1st got to japan i told you how much i hated it? well i am starting to like it more and more. Our conversations are gettting more intresting. we streeted pretty much for 7 hours and had no new investigators. It sucked but the day was fun and i enjoied it so much. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were pretty much the same. On Wednesday though we got to watch a bit of College soccer. (Japanese people are really good at soccer), Thursday we had weekly planning and i called people from the area book and got a new investigator. That night we went to an eki and we talked to this way old dude. It was so funny. He wanted to know what amen meant so we told him. He was way drunk by the way. He called me a way polite thing. Like a heavenly messenger. It was pretty cool. On Friday we had District meeting. While streeting we talked to a dude who told us our eyes were diffent than everyone elses eyes. He said not because of the color but that we had something differnt that other people didnt have. It was way cool. He pretty much told us that he could tell that we had the Spirit. and that as a missionary is a good thing to know.

Saturday was raining all day long. It was super cold too. Like said, our apartment gets way cold and i dont have any like indoor warm clothing. I have the huge outside rain coats and winter jackets, but no sweaters or long sleeves. I really want my mexican sweater that i packed away. It is red, blak and white. It would be awesome. We had a meeting with the bishop and new ward mission leader. After that we played indoor soccer. Let me remind you that they are really good at soccer. I scored a goal with my head. It was the best goal of the night. I was so happy. Everyone went nuts. I couldnt believe that i did that against japanese peopel in thier best sport. I felt way good. It was so much fun.

Sunday was AWESOME!!! We had a investigator who had never been to church come. It was great becasue he wants to be a elementary teacher and on sunday was the primary program. He told me that he had a very warm feeling in his heart and that he was coming next week. SO AWESOME!!! The bad thing is that he doesnt live in my area. We have a dinner appt. with him tonight and we weill be trading him off. So sad.

The week was difficult because kamas' wedding was in the back of my head the whole week. Friday and Saturday were hard because i knew the wedding stuff was happening. I tried not to focus on it though. I am relieved that it is over now though. I am way happy. I am planning on having another aWESOME week this week. It has been filling up. Hopefully we will find the elected people so i dont have to street so much. I much rather teach people than go finding.

I love you so much and really appreciate everything you do for me. I am glad that you all had an amazing week. I hope that this week is a good one too with Thanksgiving coming up. We are planning on going to a All you can eat restraunt on Thanksgiving. Its going to be differnt for sure. I love you and cant wait to hear from you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment