Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

14 November 2011

So i am glad taht you sent me an email. I love you alot. So i have had a really good week this week. Just to let you know, i have been praying for you, Kamas, and grandam and it is super good to hear that everything is going better. It realy makes me happy. Well i will get on to my week.

So last monday i had a dinner with some members. We shared a message about the Holy Ghost. It was good. Afterwards we had dinner. It was a dish called Nabe. It is like little meatballs mixed in with fish and you boil it with vegetables and noodles. It was super good. I had never had it before.

Tuesday we had another dinner appointment but this time with the bishop. Before we ate though, we did a lesson with bishop. We taught him about obedience and following the prophet. It was super hard because he was stopping us every 20 seconds and telling us things we need to fix. It was really hard not to get frustrated but it was some good advice that he was giving us. He has been the stake president in an England stake before. He was really nice after though. For dinner we had something called Sukiyaki. It is beef boiled in water with vegetables and other japanese foods. You then mix it in a bowl with a raw egg and other sauces. It was good after you got over the fact that a raw egg was in it. You cant really taste the raw egg either. But they fed us so much. It was so good. Apparently we go over to their house like twice a week do to a lesson and thenn eat. SO i am good with that.

Wednesday i was on splits with someone that is younger tahn me. I was on splits because my comp had a district leader meeting. I went streeting in front of the church. I was really suprised at my skills. My japanese was really good and i was suprised on how much i knew. We stopped this one guy running, he said that he would like to do a church tour. That was about the only success i saw that day. But i was way suprised at my japanese. I then went and bought my new bike. Since i had a warranty on my bike, i was able to get one for super cheap. I bout a bike that is usually 33700 yen for about 7000yen and i then had to buy a warranty for the new one. The total came out ot 12000yen which is about $120 in american dollars. Is was pretty good.

Thursday while doing a kubarikai i walked up to this japanese man and told him he had a cool tie and he responded in English. He told me that he had lived in Australia and that he wanted to go to a christian church. WOW!!! what the right people to run into right? I was so happy i stopped him. I told him thats all we do everyday is invite people to come to church. He was happy and said that next sunday he would come. Throughout the whole day i was stopping poeple and talking to them in japanese and i have just been super suprised at how much i know. I quess i have never really noticed because i have always been with a comp taht is like 10 or more transfers ahead of me. But man my japanese has really taken off.

Friday was a super cold day. Wanna know why? Because it was raining all day long. It was super cold. I hated riding my bike in it. Luckily for me, i only had to do it for 3 hours because we had to go to a zone meeting at the stake center which was about 1 hour away. After the meeting we had to book it to another area to do a baptismal interview. It was fun. But man was it cold.

Saturday wasnt raining and it was a super clear day. I got up in the morning to go running like i always do. I was running down the canal goin a west direction and i looked up. Quess what i saw? Yup. There it was. MT. FUJI! It was so cool and so pretty. I have never seen that moutain since i have come to Japan. Since it was a clear day thanks to the rain the day before Mt. Fuji was visible. It was really pretty. I havent seen it since. The smog from the city covers it up. Just thinking about that miracle and the rain i related it to Christ and us. Christ gives us hard times or trials. But after the trials are over or after it stops raining and clears up. The trails really do bring good things .In my case since it rained, it cleared up the smog and made Mt. Fuji visible. Trials will do the same. They will bring down our pride and make us humble to the Lord and then we will have a good relationship with our father in heaven. Way cool uh? This gospel is great. i love it so much. SO saturday night we had FHE at a members house with more food. One of the foods was a cake. It was made from a fruit called Kaki. It tasted just like pumpkin pie and i enjoied it so much. I miss thanksgiving. But i met a member who lived in AZ for 2 1/2 years after he was baptized and i talked and reminised about AZ with him. It was fun.

Sunday before church started, some members were singing christmas songs. They asked us to come over and sing with them so we did. They were all suprised with my sining and told me i had to do it everyweek. I have been drafted. i like it but it is super hard singing in Japanese. The words are all the symbols they use too. Really hard but i am doing it. I gave a talk/testimony in Sacrament too. I thought it was horrible but the bishop came up to me and said it was great. I read the scripture Alma 26:12. I am so excited to be in this ward. I swear that i have seen some of this people before. I am so excited. THis ward is going to be great. I mean. I have already been fed 3 times this week. Way cool. In Preisthood meeting i was called on the spot to tell peole how we can prepare for the 2nd coming. I was scared adn super suprised. I have never learned how to teach this. As missionaries, we shouldnt teach this subject. But i went up and started teaching. I taught the basic principles of the Gospel. You know: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the gift of the HOly Ghost., and Enduring to the End. I dont know if taht was the answer they were looking for but it is true. If we do those steps and stay firm inthe belief, we will be saved and have no worries. I love how in this gospel we can relate everything back to the five principles taht we believe in. Once again i was suprised that i did it all in japanese. I dont know where all this started coming from but i am loving it and so grateful for it. Later sunday night while my comp was on the phone, i was streeting. After talking to a man, an old lady came up to me and asked me who i was and what i was doing. I told her adn then she told me that she was a christian and intrested in learning about this gospel. Yet another miracle. For one, i was talking to her all in japanese by myself. I havent even been in japan for 6 months and i am holding converstatinos by myself. another miracle is that the Lord really does bless us when we are doing waht we are supposed to be doing. I am so grateful that i was out talking to people instead of in my apartment. I can honestly say ever since i have commited myself to this mission, things have been moving in a way more positive way. I love it.

So here i am today. Writing this wonderful email. My apartment is so cool. It has 4 people in it. SO fun. NO one is from Utah either. Really rare here. Elder Lewis is a zone leader and from Georgia. He is way cool and i am so happy to be in his apartment. I have known him since i got to japan. He really reminds me of our family. Elder Kaizaki is the other zone leader. He is from Kyoto, Japan. He doesnt speak good english so it is good practise for me. ANd my comp. He is from Oregon. He is the zone leader and we are going to be great friends. He really is cool. And since we both are young missionaries, we both learn alot and use our japanese alot. Way good. I have been thinking alot about my week and how good it has been. Kamas wedding has been on my mind too. But not to much. I will get over it. I have been thinking about a christmas list. I am sure taht i ahve already told you stuff taht i wanted. I really do want that stuff but i really want money in my account too. But if you send a package, even a small one, i need denture cleaners They clean my retainers. I need some really bad. i would really like some pictures too. But ya. I would like all that stuff i told you, but ireally wnat money for when i get back too. I aam so confused. Anyways. I love you all so much. I am so grateful for everything you do for me. I hope that everything will go good this week. I am sure it will. I will continue to pray for you and Kamas.
So ya.. . . I love you so much. Christmas is coming soon and i think i get to call on skype. But i dont know how well that will work out. But i am excited. Let Nick KEels know when i get all the info to you guys. Ireally want him there when i call. Is there anything anyone wants for christmas from japan. Packages are super expensive but there is a base close to my area and i think i can get it for cheap. Just let me know. I dont know what else to say. I love you guys and appreciate you all so much. I hope this week is a great one and i cant wait to hear about the wedding. Let me know.
Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment