Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

28 august 2012::

 
Thanks so much for your email. It helped out. I had to laugh though because even though i am thousand of miles away, i can still get the quilt trip. haha. I thought it was funny.
 
My week was good. You were right, transfers were this week. My new compnaion is Elder Petersen. He is on transfer 15. He is half japanese and american. He has lived most of his life here in Japan though. He speaks fluent japanese and englsih. He ahs been ZL for over 5 transfers now. He really knows how to make a Zone work.  He is really good at uniting the zone and working with church leaders and what not. I am excited to work with him. It is funny how the adversary works. Yesterday when i met him, he just starting calling all these leaders and what not. I felt that he was here to fix me. To fix the Tokyo Zone. Well that is what the adversary wants me to think right. Well, today while i was running, i had a thought tell me that I was meant to be here with him. He cant do what he has in the past in Tokyo without MY help. I might not be as skilled as he is in working with leaders and stuff like that but i have something that he needs. That was a comforting thought and i know where it comes from :). I dont like gettign new companions either. The reason is i have to start over. I almost cried when i had to say good bye to Elder Hansen. It was way hard. I love my comps but i hate the begining becasue i dont konw anything about them. He is older than me too. The last time i got a comp way older than me was my 4th transfer. YOu remember what happened? I almost killed that kid. It was way hard. But my most appreciative transfer. I am excited. I could use your prayers. Elder Hansen was made AP. That is my 2nd companion that i have sent to be AP. He is my 3rd companion that has been AP. I am sure he will do great. I love him and support him alot.
 
So our week was way good. I want to tell you about my gators for a bit. We have 6 gators that are progressing. Matsunaga is a part-member but lacks a testimony. He jsut goes through the motions when he comes with his family. He needs a testimony way hard-core. He said that he wanted to be baptized so he can go through the tmeple but it sounded like that was a burden. Yoshy (black sheep) He is doing way good. He is just accepting everything that we are teaching him. He is kinda lazy though. He smokes like a train. If you could pray that his prayers will be answerd and that he can meet i would be happy. Ryutaro, he is a 20 yr old that we are teachign. Yoshy referred him. He is super cool. He really wants happiness and is wondering if religion or a belief in God will give him that. He is praying but not really reading. If you can pray that he will feel Gods love and the spirit, that would be great. Nara, he is a 64 yr old man that has a background in buddhims. He is accepting everything way well though. He is way chill and is keeping his commitments. I am wondering though if he will go all the way then just back out. Pray that he will continue to want to be baptized and understand everything. Soko, He is awesome. He is having a hard life at work though. He seems super happy when we meet with. He has a hard time believign in God and Jesus though. In china they are taught that theya re just myths. way sad right? He is keeping his commitments though and wants to learn an dunderstand. Pray that he will continue to have good expireneces an come to know the truth. Sugaya, He is just a golden investigator. He answers our questions perfectly and is flying through the book of mormon. He is in mosia and he ahs been reading for only 2 weeks. He is just golden.Pray that he will be able get teh conviction that it is true. Thanks so much. THese ppeople are the best and i love them all so much.
 
Lately i ahve been doing really good. I have really enjoied the past week. We have bee super busy and continue to get even busier. I have eaten out so much. My money is going down the drain. Being ZL is sure expensive but i love it. I cant believe that i only have 3 transfers left. I cant tel you too much about travel plans and stuff like that because i havent gotten my stuff to fill out yet. I get that info this transfer. But i do believe that the church will pay for my plane ticket back with you guys. You just have to let me know how long you intend on staying and what day we plan on returning. I would like to fly out of Narita. I have served there and i want to take you there. If i were you i would call church travel becasue i dont know anything as of now. Like said, I fill out my return papers this transfer sometime. I just need to know when you will come and when you will plan to leave.
 
It has been hard to focus a bit lately. I really am excited to see you all again. I cant beileve that i have only 3 transfers left. I catch myself thinking aobut home or what i will do. It is hard to focus. Sometimes i just wish i could be done and go home or that time would go by faster, but i have told you before. I am going to burn out rather than fade away. I am commited.
 
I love you mom. I am so grateful for everything that you do. I cant wait to see you or talk to you on christmas. You are the abest ever. I did get those pics but havent looked at them. Thank you so much. I hope you have a great week. I know i will. I am going to make it that way. You can follow up too. I love ya. Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment