Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

14 August 2012::


It is always such a blessing to hear from the both of you. I love you guys so much. You have no idea. You guys are the best ever. Thanks. I loved both of your emails. They were both great. It sounds like the both of you are both very busy around the house and cabin. I cant wait to see what the cabin turns out to look like. I have heard so much about it. How much longer do you have this year to work on it? Can you send me some pictures of how it is looking? Thanks.
 
So this week was good i quess. It was the normal week for me. I quess the new thing was that i only ate in my apartment 2 or 3 times in the week. I am definately lacking the funds now. Being a ZL is so expensive. I cant believe how much we ate out. I had to stop eating when they would go to restraunts because i need money for other things. I was also on splits with missionaries for 3 days in a row. Starting from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday night i wasnt with my companion. I was with people in my Zone. It called for a good time. Sometimes getting away from your compaions is a good thing. I was able to go to Shibuya again. We ran to Tokyo Tower on Thursday morning which made for a good 1 hour run. I like doing that run. It is pretty. I took pictures this time. Youll have to wait til i get home to see it. Thursday night i was able to reunite with Elder Chen and Elder Crowther and go to the temple with Panda and do baptisms for the dead. It was great to go to the temple again with a recent convert and do baptisms. I love seeing the happiness taht they get when they do the baptism. It is incredible. It wasnt so incredible when he came out of the shower naked though. haha.
 
So ya that was pretty much my week. Nothing to exciting happened. Oh, i did my first Baptism Interview in japanese. It was pretty good. I was super nervous but i did alright i quess. Yesterday i stopped a guy and he was completly decked out with all this weird stuff. YOu couldnt see one peice of skin on him. We asked where he was from and he just pointed up. He then started telling us he was from heaven. It was pretty funny. He was an interesting guy. We got a good picture with him.
 
Today we had a Zone P-day. I was super disappointed with it. We did something that i didnt really want to do at all. We had 2 choices: Either go to the Aquarium which cost about 1400 yen or go to Shibuya and do a picture scavenger hunt and then eat all you can eat pizza which would cost about 800 yen. I came up with the scavenger hunt idea and i really wanted to do it. But everyone voted to go to the Aquarium. I was not happy. The Aquarium sucked too. It was super small and very very crowded and it didnt come with Lunch. I quess poepel will now konw the difference between a good idea and a crappy one. But i felt like it was a waste of 1400 yen plus the 1000 yen to get there.
 
So i did have a miracle happen this week. When i saw Elder Chen i asked about all the converts in Yamate. Specially Lili the girl who dissapeared. Well he said that they got ahold of her once. Well i went home on Thursday night and called her. Well she picked up and we were able to talk for about 15 minutes. It was great. Then Elder CHen called me on Sunday night and told me that Lili showed up to church. This has been the first time since she got baptized to do so. I was thrilled. Not only that but she got an interview from the Bishop and will be confirmed next week. How great is that? THe Lord is amazing. I love him so much.
 
I had a pretty cool revelation too yesterday at church. My comp was talking to a englsih speaker about his life and stuff. It then hit me that he asked alot of questions that were a littel private if you know what i mean. I thought about taht. I know that my comp talks a ton in lessons. THere are some lessons that i dont talk at all. I thought taht me not talking was a really bad thing. But i realized that I say what i need to say. SOme people just love to talk. I dont need to say alot of things like my comp does because then the gator gets confused and worried. If we keep it simple, they will understand alot easier. We dont need to use big words or smart sentences to teach the gospel. Just simple ones. Like a child. DOnt get me wrong, it is a very good strength that he can ask so many questions to understand and stuff but sometimes i think he does it too much. It made me feel better that what i do is enough and that it is ok. I thought aobut when i was in Yamate. I talked when i needed too and talked when i needed too but if i didnt need to talk, i didnt. It is kinda confusing but i think you know what i mean.
 
We had a All mission conference on firday. It was very long. from 9 to 6. I realized that President Budge is very different from President Albrecht. The mission feels more like a business now than when president a. was here. I dont like it. I am praying to do what is right and support what pres. budge does. It isnt easy. There are times where i have had the thought of just becoming a wamp missoinary and doing things i want to do. Still work but not has hard. Just taking it easy. Maybe not follow all the rules and stuff like that. But i have a fixed mind set of "It is better to burn out than to fade away.". I am going hard to then end. That is what Enduring to the End is right. So no worries. Transfers is in 2 weeks and i am getting excited about it. I love my comp but i think it is time for somebody new. Ill let you know how it goes.
 
Well there isnt much more from my end. I love you guys a ton. YOu are my heros. I would love to have some more pictures of the fam and stuff and waht is going on. That would be great. I hit my 1 year and 5 month mark last thursday. SO i now have like a little less than 6 months left. It is going to go by so fast. SO you better prepare. haha. I love you guys. Ill talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment