Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

22 May 2012::


I love you so very much. I am glad that i was able to read your email today. I cant believe all that is happening at home. I cant beleive that Bug is in his final year of High School. THat is so weird. No more kids in High Skool for you. I was telling everyone how you are an AMAZING Mom!!! Everyone thinks the same thing.
 
I am very happy for Nick and him going through the Temple. I love the temple so much. I actually get to go on the 29th as a mission. Its not the same though as going with the family because there are so many people but it is still fun.
 
So my week was good. Tuesday was a really good day. We went to Tokyo for a All mission Conference with a member of the 70. Elder Clarke. He was super enthusiastic and sarcastic. It was way funny. Definalty different than what i thought General Authorities were like. He gave great advice that i want to pass onto Bug and Nick when i get home. I then went on splits with my Zone Leader Elder Miura. Ya he is japanese but i lived with him when i first came to Japan. SO it ws super fun talking with him and seeing how his mission has gone and stuff like that. I also got to sleep on a bed. 1st time in over 5 months. I was suepr happy.
 
Wednesday after splitting back we had a lesson with Sister Suzuki. We taught her aobut the Restoration. It was such a spiritual lesson. She told us she just didnt understand and went on like that for like 5 minutes. Then another 5 minute pause with nobody saying anything. THen i was able to testify to her just about how that is all how it begins. In order to grow, we dont and cant konw. If we already knew, then we wouldnt grow. It was amazing. Really good Lesson. After our English class we had about 15 minutes. I usually go in but i felt like we needed to keep going. Good thing i did that. WE found a referral for another area. He was suepr nice and wanted to learn.
 
Thursday was probably the hardest day in the week. I was super sick. My throat hurt, my nose was clogged, and i had the biggest headache ever. Despite all that we still did work. I have a thing, if i am healthy enough to exercise and do stuff i want to do, then i am healthy to do the Lords work. It was still hard though. We made flowers for the Bishop and our Mission Leader adn then took it to them. I think they liked that because on Saturday night, our Bishop brought us donuts, Krispy Kreme too. We streeted pretty much all day on Thursday and didnt find anyone. THat is what made it hard. Elder Chen really likes talking about Kess and really wants me to talk about it with poeple alot. Well after he tried to get me to talk about it with somebody who had no interest, i told him i didnt appreciate him sharing my life expirences. I said that if i feel i need to share it, i will. It isnt his expirence to share. Well i think i could of handled it alot better than i did, with more love you know. Well i really didnt feel the Spirit anymore and thats when the day started getting hard. I apologized like 2 hours later because i felt way bad and i knew i needed to.
 
ON friday we had planned going to the temple with Panda to do baptisms for the dead but the temple only does it at night and Panda has work at night. So instead we went to a all you can eat meat place. It was super good. I didnt eat that much though. I got full fast. I aint complaining. It as fun though. We then streeted for like 3 hours and visited a member who just had a baby. It was fun. We didnt find anybody to teach though. I went on splits with a young missionary too. I think he really enjoied. it. I hope he had fun but worked hard too. I really believe in having fun but working hard. He told me his thoughts aobut me were way different. He thought becasue how successful i have been in Yamate that i was a missionary who was just work, work, work. Like 15 minute lunch and dinner, no breaks, strict, etc. WAY WRONG!!!!! I like having fun. We have to be ourselves right? I do what works for me and apparently he liked it too.
 
Saturday was way busy. We had a lesson with a gator who i havent seen in 2.5 months. He saw us on friday and told us he wanted to meet today at 1. We jsut pretty muched talked and asked how he had been. (reading the BOM, praying, etc). He is way good. He wants to meet us once a week and we are going to start reteaching him everything. Then we had to go and meet a Korean who we called. He took us to get Udong, super fat noodles. It was pretty good. We split back and me and elder chen had dinner, then went to chinatown because there was something going on. Chinese holiday. It was a pretty fun day and i enjoied it.
 
SUnday was a miracle. My testimony for sure grew. THis is why it grew.  
I fasted because we dont really have anyother investigators expect for Suzuki shimai. I really dont want to be transfered and leave Elder Chen with nothing either.  SO I fasted so we could find some new ones. The testimony builder is I know fasting works. Today we were doing a kubarikai at Yamate eki and a chinese girl came up to me and we just started casually talking about where english class is and why its free. That got into me talking about me being a missionary. I told her that I am a missioanry for our church and we believe everyone is sons and daughters of God. She was fasinated. She just kept saying how cool that was and so on. Then she asked if I am a missionary where do I get money. SO I told her about tithing and of course how I saved. She was once again facsinated with tithing. She kept saying how sweet and how awesome that is that the money we give to God helps the poor and needy. She then really wanted to come to church and see. She knew there was lots of churches where our church is and asked why. SO I told her we have a great message that can answer that exact question. She wants to hear. Elder Chen heard she was chinese and came over and just started bearing his testimony and how his life has gotten better from coming to church. She soaked up everything better than a sponge. She asked Elder Chen if she became a member, would she have to come to church everyweek. Well of course Elder Chen said ya and she told him that she will start coming. I then started talking to her about Eternal Families. She was just agreeing with everything i was testifiing about. She is awesome. I really feel that she is so prepared by God. OF course I have a lot more things I wish I could tell you aobut her but that would take so long. At the end of the conversation her friend came up and long story short is now planning on going to go to Kamiooka's eikaiwa and meet the missioanries. That was my testimony builder. How great is that? I really feel like one of the missionaries out of the Book of Mormon. Prayed and Fasted much. Her name is Lee shimai. She is a very AWESOME person and our newest friend. God really does see our faith and will bless us. It was an amazing expirence for sure. THe only bad thing about Sunday was Lili didnt get confirmed. I am trying so hard to get her to be confirmed but she doesnt come. Please pray for her.
That was pretty much my week in a nutshell. Alot better than the week before. This week i hit my 1 year mark in Japan. I cant believe that i have been away from America for 1 year. CRAZY!!!! I love you so much mom. I am so excited to get to call and find our where bug is going for his mish. My quess is here in Japan. I can totally see him here. I hop that you hve a great week. SOunds like you are goign to have a busy one. We are going to dinner wit Jenny on friday and i think they are goin to do something special for me. THey were tlaking in chinese about it. Elder CHen has something up his sleeve. I have something up my sleeve for him too. We have a base couple here and i am going to get Elder Chen 2 12 packs of AW Rootbeer before i leave. I think it will make him happy. I only have 2 weeks left here. Time goes by so fast. It really does. I will be calling for Christmas in no time at all. I love my family so much. I cant wait to see and hang out with them all again. I love you mom and dad. THanks for all you do. I gotta go but you have my prayers and my love.
Love ya. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment