Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, May 7, 2012

07 May 2012::


I am so jealous. I really want to go to the cabin so bad. I hope that there is still some stuff for me to do when i go there. I really want to help restore it. I hope there are now fires either up at Graham this summer. Ill be praying for the rain here to go to AZ.
 
So what part of CA is Nick Keels going? YOu didnt tell me. I am so going to visit him upon my return to the USA. GO AMERICA!! I am so excited for him. He is going to get fat. Missionaries who go state side get fat becasue they get fed all the time haha. He better run and stay in shape haha. I am so happy for him. I couldnt be mad today because of this news.
 
I am so excited for dad about his weight. He was telling me that he was feeling really good about it. I am tryign to loose weight as well. Or at least my love handles. I really want them gone. But i dont htink as a missionary i will be able to do that. I will tell you why. Because i go out to eat with people to much. All you can eat's are cheaper than most restraunts so that is where people take us and i eat my moneys worth. IT is horrible. THis week was my worst week by far. I will tell you later why. But i need to get away from this city and go to the countryside where there is no all you cna eat. I am managing to maintain somehow though?
 
Bug is going to GRADUATE!!!! That is so cool and he is going to get his mission papers. I am so excited for him. He is so going to come to Tokyo Japan. I am going to train him. It is done. There has to be someone in the family i can communicate with in Japanese. I am praying for
 
Talking about calling home. 6 or 7 is really early in the morning here. Last itme i called it was like 10. Ya if i call at 10 A.M. it will be 6 P.M. Sunday night for you guys. You have my skype name so you should skype me first. But i really belive that i need to skype you on my monday morning at 10 AM. We shall see. But i am looking forward to it too. I really want to talk to Kelly and her kids too. So please help me out with taht.
 
Ok my week was pretty crazy. Ill start off with the details. It was raining all the way up until friday non stop. I HATE THE RAIN. It is so hard to do anything in the rain. NO one wants to listen to you. NO ONE!!!! It makes it so hard. Well, Tuesday we had interviews with President Albrecht. I love that man. I am going to miss him os much. I really love him so much. It was my last interview with him until the new president comes. He told me that i was going to be transfering. (no duh, i have been here for 6 months) BUt he gave me a papaer to read when i go home. It is jsut a bunch of stuf he tells returning missionaries. That was that day. Kinda bitter sweet day. Oh, I had to translate for a couple missionary. It was really hard. But it was my first time and i did it. I translated from Japanese to English. It is super hard because Japanese is backwards than englsih. FOr example, we say the dog went to the store. In japanese you would say, the dog the store to went. Its kinda like Yoda from Star Wars. I will be able to understand him way better when i get home. But i thought that was cool. I alos got a new Japanese Grammar book. I thought i would neveer be happy to say that but i am. It has so many helpful grammars in it. I am way excited. But it cost 60 bucks to buy. That is the only downfall. It should help alot wehn i come home though.
 
Wednesday we were planning and Lili called us. Remember, she got baptized but not confirmed. Well she wanted to go to lunhc. So we went to a All you cna eat Pizza place.  THis is why i dont think i will be able to loose my love handles as a missionary. All you can eats are way cheap here and people go to them alot. Well we wnet and 4 other members showed up too. IT was like a party. It was way cool. WE found out her problem. She is super busy with skool here. Skool here is 7 days a week. THey kill themselves. WEll she has to go to skool 7 days a week adn cant come to church for about 2 months. She said it is really hard for her. We ahd a member share a expierence about how he had to choose between God or his work/skool. He said that when we put our trust in him,He will help. I hope she accepts this. She didnt come to church this week either. REally sad. THe Ward is really trying to get poeple to fellowship her. IT is way cool to see.
 
Thursday we met with our other chinese investigator, Wang. He doesnt speak englsih or japanese. So elder chen translated for me. We met at 5 and Wang to us to a all you can eat chinese restraunt in Chinatown. Once again, this is the reason i will never be able to loose my love handles. THankfully, reall chinese food is not like American Chinese food. THey are completely different. Real chinese food is packed with vegietables. But they have one American like dish. It was all so good. I didnt eat to much becasue i didnt want to dissappoint myself when i weighed. It was fun. I really wanted to eat at a all you can eat in chinatown before i left too. So now it is done and i am happy. After that we went to the chuch adn played Ping Pong. I am happy to say that i beat a chinese person in Ping Pong. I am happy. I have gotten really good at ping pong. We are meetin him again this week. He ahs interest in church alot.
 
Friday we got caught in the rain so we housed. Upon our return, i bought a new bag to carry my stuff in. It was needed. It is really nice. But it was 40 bucks. I am feeling so quilty right now for buying it. But i know when the money gets restored i will be happy i bought it. It is really nice. We were coming home and i was saying hi and stopping people. Well i saw a guy, drinking a Jack Daniels bottle of Whiskey. I simply said hello and he called me Bakayarou!!! You can probably quess wehre  this was at. Yup. You quessed it, it was in HELL!!!! That area is just way sad. It was a good laugh for me and elder chen though. Friday night we spent calling peopel up for 2 hours. From 7:30 to 9:30. It was tiring but way good. Saturday morning we had a BBQ so that is why we were calling. We called Former Investigators, Potential Investigators, anyone. It was way good. On our BBQ on Saturday, 3 Formers showed up, 6 Englshi class students, 1 investigator. We also contacted 2 referalls. Oh, a family came too. It was great. ALl the people we got to go said they are going to come back to our eikaiwa and start learning agian. Slowly but surely we can get them to come to church. It was super good. The BBQ was good too. WE actaully had Hot Dogs. My first time in Japan. It was great. REally good day.
 
Sunday we had a normal day. I made the Mothers Day gifts but i jsut need to send them now. I hope that you like them. They shoudl get to you sometiem next week. There are eight. 1 for you, kendi, kelly, janalyn, brie, both grandmas, vicki. So please pass tehm out. We then went ot an americans for dinner. It was good. TOday was great too. We went out in the moring time to do work. AT 11:30 we met with our whole zone to go to a all you can eat Taco place. I really dont like all you cna eat anymore. Everytime i go threre it turns into a competion and i have to be the winner so i always over eat. I had 12 really big tacos. I out numbered everybody by 6 tacos. GO ARIZONIANS!!!! It was worth it. I really wanted to go tehre before i transfered too. It was suepr good. THey were homemade tortillas. So good. AFTER eating we went to the top of Landmark tower. It was fun to talk with everyone. We went running this afternoon too. I felt really fat. So i went running. BAD CHOICE. It was the most painful run i have ever been on. It was just cramps the entire time. I was determined to burn some of those taco calories though. But ya. I am trying my hardest to maintain 175lbs.
 
I have decided i need new running shoes. THe ones i have now are from 1 and 1/2 years ago. THey are trashed. My right running shoe has a whole hole in the side of it where my pinkie toe hangs out. I also need some new workout clothes. ALl the ones i am currnetly using are getting really bad and are no good anymore. Running shoes here are about 120 bucks for a good pair. I really need some.
 
Mom, can you send me some pictures of me in my senior year and even after i graduated. I really want to sow poeple what i looked like before i started the diet and lost all my weight. If you could send me my ones from Facebook. It has my before picture. That is the best. But i want some from before my diet and after my diet. That would help alot. I would love it.
 
I am doing really good. Just trying my best to be the best i can be. I hope that i am making someone happy! I could really use some prayers on the langauge. I really feel like i am not good enough at it. Or at least speaking. Please pray that Lili will come to church to get confirmed. We are trying so hard for her. I really dont want her jsut to move on without the confirmation. Please pray for her. We are going to the tmeple with Panda and Suzuki in 2 weeks. It should be fun. I am way excited to go with them. I am in pretty good shape and still working my best. I love you so much. I am so excited to talk with you on Mothers Day. I should be calling at around 10 Am my time and 6 PM your sunday night. I am so excited. Have a great week. Always remember you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay Classy!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment