Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Thursday, March 22, 2012

another fun email from elder kurt

So it was super good to get your email this week. Sounds like everything at home is doing super well. Sounds like you had a full week and had tons of fun. Its really good to hear about Nick and that he has finally sent in his papers. I think I am going to write him an email today. I have time so I can. I am excited. I am way jealous about you guys going to that one guys fireside and hearing him talk about his mission in Tonga. I am so jealous. That sounded super fun. I love that movie and I really wanted to go there.


So to celebrate my one year mark I had district meeting. But we also had a District Lunch and went and got all you can eat Yakiniku. It was super good. I think I ate the most out of everyone again and like usual but whatever. I had about 7 plates of meat stacked high. I am a true VAN DE GRAAFF!!!! It was a pretty fun time and I really enjoied myself. So a new suit here is about like 15000 yen. That converts into about 185 bucks. But I bet I can find one for cheaper. So you send what you think is right. Just remember that Japan is a much more expensive country than America. Things are going to be more expensive. Even the cheap things in America are going to be more expensive here. It is the way of life. But I really appreciate it a lot and could really use it.


So this week was a two way week again it sucked but at the same time it was a good week and I am glad it is over. The thing that sucked about it was it was raining all week. The sun didnt shine during the day once. That alwys makes things hard on an ARIZONA boy. My comp cursed me I think. I had a goal of getting up at 5:50 AM evyer morning and going running and he siad even in the rain, and guess what, every morning it rained. But I kept my word and I went running every morning at 5:50 even in the rain. Hahaha. Nothing too crayz happened this week until this weekend but I do want to tell you about a few things. So on Wednesday we were on our way to visit a less active member and stopping everybody we saw. Well I saw this man with a HUGE yellow ponytial and I had the thought right away not to stop him because he looked different. Well I stopped him anyways. He told us he didnt have any interest at first but I just kept talking with him like a friend. Somehow we got a 30 min intro lesson with him on the following friday. Well after stuffing my face in and having an epic district meeting, we took the coolest district picture, we met him, his name is Suzuki. He came and we started teaching him abou true happiness. Well I had the urge to ask about his belief in God. Sometimes we need to do that in every lesson because if they dont belive in God, teacing something else is really dumb. Anywho, the lesson turned out to be like 1 hour and 15 min. long because of Suzuki's guestions. It was great. He has got so much interest. He also came to church. I had to give him one of my shirts and ties but that was no problem. He showed up 30 min early and stayed until about 3:30. It was great. There was a member there that just clicked with him super well. In sunday school he took notes and everything. It was amazing. He is so prepared. We had anohter lesson with him yesterday and he was just asking amazing questions. His book of mormon was all marked up too. He is great.


After his lesson on friday night, for my hump day, I burned a shirt and a tie. It was fun but a bit difficult to get it started because it was windy and rainy outside. But I did it.


Saturday morning we had transfer calls. I am super nervous about this one. My comp went to a place called Urawa, Saitama and I am staying in good ol' Yamate. My new compainon is Elder Fujinaka. He is a Japanese from southern Japan. He came to Japan with me. He is super nice. I am companions with him for only 3 days though because I am getting a new companion on Wednesday. But I dont know who his name is or anything about him. Thats because he hasnt come to Japan yet.

Yup, you guessed it. I am becoming a TRAINER. I get a brand new missionary. I am super NERVOUS. I dont knw what I am going to do. I hope that I get a really cool one. I really miss my last comp. I really loved him a lot. We were great together. We were brothers not companions. If you can tell my brothers about this one. I could really use some advice. I have to teach this guy how to do everything. It is a huge resposibility. I hope I can please the Lord in this calling and be worthy enough to do this. I am way nervous. My japanese aint that great. I am going to need so many prayers.


Sunday was pretty interesting too. Suzuki came but so did a new guy. He was AMAZING!!!!! He isnt a member but from Malaysia. He had so many questions like where did I live before earth? Is God a person? Where do I go after I die? We talked for about 45 min about how he came to learn aobut God and Jesus Christ and how he is confused aobut it. We also talked about some Kanji things and the differences between some of them and stuff. It is super cool. For example, 船. This means Fune in japanese or ship in english. But the first kanji before the box means boat. The character above the box means 8. and the box means mouth. So think about that for a moment. A boat with 8 mouths. Noahs ark had 8 people on it. Its pretty cool stuff I think. But he told me to call him this week because he really wants to meet and talk. And I really want to meet him and talk with him too. He is super cool. Sunday both our baptisms got the Holy Ghost and it was awesome. The ward threw them a party after chruch. A welcome party. It was great.


So that has been pretty much my week. I am way nervous aobut this upcoming transfer but super excited also. I have a feeling it is going to be expensive also. I hope I can make a great relationship with him and work hard but have fun at the same time. I really want to have fun. Yesterday it was 12 March which means I have less than 11 months to go. That is weird. Time is going by so fast. I finished Alma in Japanese. It was way hard and took me 2 transfers. I should finish the BOM in Japanese in 1 or 2 transfers. Then I will start my study in Japanese. It is going to be way difficult. But I really want to try it. I think my Japanese will get a lot better. There is a book I want ot buy to study more japanese but it costs 70 bucks. Its way expensive. I am tryin to mouche it off a dying missionary.


All in all, I am in good health and livin. Japan is starting to warm up and the Cherry Blossom thing is right around the cornere. I am excited for that. Mothers day is also right around the corner. Like 1.5months away. General conference is right around the corner too. I am way excited. It is going to be a fast transfer I feel. I love you with all my heart. I hope that you have a great time in Florida. Cant wait to hear from ya until next week. Until then, God be with you always. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment