Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Man i am sure glad that i have the chance to read your and everyones email. i love reading emails. im sure glad to hear that you and the everyone else is doing good. It sounds like you are going to have a super fun vacation for this week. Looks like all the effort for all the moves you have done is starting to pay off. It sounds like you are going to have so much fun. You should ask boo what some good places in seattle are. i bet he is jealous.

My week has been a really hectic and stressful but good week. On tuesday, we were riding our bikes and my pedal fell off. Aparently it was put together bad and one of teh screws just grinded down to nothing. so that wasnt fun. but i quess it was a good thing. Right when i was fixing my bike and fiquiring out what i was going to do, there was a car accident. I was able to help teh poeple out until the cops came. so i quess it was a blesssing that my bike broke so i could be there. it was the first car accident that i ever have witnessed. Everyone was ok just in alot of shock. I thne had to walk about a mile to get home. ON Wednesday i had to walk 3.5 hours to the biek shop where i bought my bike. it was miserable. it was REALLY HOTTT!!! But i got a good tan out of it haha. so that took up most of my day. it was 1.5 hour bike ride back. At english class, my students told me that AZ had been on the news because of the fires. i hope everything is going ok. but it has made news here in Japan. I continue to pray for the rains. I told my class that i might be transfered and some of them got teary eyed. they loved me. i loved them. it was a really fun class. On thursday i had to returnt to get my bike. so another 3 hours down the drain. we taught sugiyama about faith and setting goals. he didnt seem like he had anything to say but thats how he always is. Also on thursday afternoon therer was thunder. it was so cool. i love it so much. it really made my day to hear thunder. Later thursday night i went on splits with the Zone Leader. Friday is where everything went down the drain. Goin on splits with the ZL was the WORST IDEA EVER!!!!! all we did was street from 10 am to 4 pm. i dont mind streeting but not his way. he had a really annoying voice. but then people would tell him no and he would continue to bug them about it. they said no, but he continued, but they said no. this happend until the people were running away from him after saying no 8 or 9 times. I really was bothered about it and i didnt want to be seen with him. Like, we have the name of Jesus Christ on our shirts. they notice that and Jesus Christ has a bad name in Japan already and if we are bugging them to the point where they are running away, that just says more about the name. we should be helping people see that Jesus is a good person. Strenghtening their Faith. NOt weakening it. But it really got to my nerves and he asked me about it. i told him i hated missionary work and that it was not fun. he then called president and i told president the same thing. honestly, i dont liek missionary work. its not natural for me to talk about the gospel with other people. i dont like it. i never did it in high school either. or at least the way missionaries are taught to do it. anyways, president then had me call the mission phycoligist. so i talk with him now and he tells me i have a fear of talking with people but i dont. so it really was jsut a bad day and ya tahts all. the good part was, this weekened was transfers. I have been transfered. I am now in a area called Narita. It is AWESOME!!! it reminds me alot of gilbert. it is a suburb of a city called Chiba. it has open fields and normal houses. and the coolest thing about it is i get to see the sun set. i never saw teh sunset in shibuya because of all the buildings. but here in Narita i get to and it is so cool. i love it. there are feilds, farms, crops, forests, and its just really pretty. It looks like i am actually in an exotic place but at the same time at home. i hope i get to stay here for a while. My new companon is Elder Maccabe. He is on his 11 transfer and he is the Zone Leader. so haha funny. but i am out of that old ZL area so i am ok. Elder Maccabe is really cool. he was on the BYUs marching bad for drums, he loves disney, and he loves staying busy. we live in a two man apartment. it is nice and it fits us well. im super excited to be here.

My langauge, in my opionin, is not the best. i have a hard time knowing what to study. the only thing that seems to be effective is reading out of the book of mormon. but that only goes so far. i need to learn grammar and words. everytime i try to study that kind of stuff i have a really hard time focusing. so please pray.

i love you so much. i hope you made the best of your 4 of July. i had a corndog and did some fireworks. i love you and will continue to pray for your safety and everything. i cant wait till next week to read your email. until then, God be with you always!!!!

Love your son,

Kurtiepie

No comments:

Post a Comment