Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

12 july 2011

got your letter last night. it took 10 days for the letter to get to me. that is just ridiculous. thanks for the money, card, letteer, and beehive. i havent seen american money in over a month. it looked wierd and different but i really liked it. i am goign to try to get onto the military base here and spend it there and get some cheap good food. or at least that is what i am planning on doing. Yes i want you to upload my photos onto facebook.

thanks for the card. you didnt delete any of the pics tho. no biggy. i deleted them. but for future prefence. i want the card clean of pics when i get it back. i will be sending you another card today with your birthday card. it wont get to you on your birthday cuz i had to wait for my other card but i think you will like it. Happy Birthday.

So, this week nothing really special happend. I went out and housed and streeted alot. i also went to the dentist 2. my perminate retainer broke last monday so i had to get it fixed asap. President Albrecht set up the appointment and paid for it too. what an awesome guy. the dentist was a days trip away from where i lived tho so. it took up 2 days. Other than that nothing really amazing happened. I did feel and earthquake on sunday though. it was a 7.1. it was the first time i have felt an earthquake here in Japan. That was pretty fun. it didnt shake the building. it just raddled the windows. i didnt think it was a big one. it didnt feel like a big one but it was. OH, last night i had Costco Pizza!!! I love their pizza. not only that but pizza here sucks. but costco makes their pizza the same way the american costco does. it was so freaking good. i loved it. i had to watch how much i ate though. i was at a members house and they have 7 kids. so i had to control myself. but i wanted to eat it all. It was Supreme Pizza my favorite kind of pizza. SO GOOD!!

the language seems to be coming along a lot better than it did in my first area. i dont know why either. since my comp is a ZL i dont have time to study the language at all. but i ask tons of questions about what he says and what meanings are and things like that. I think i ask more questions than in my 1 area. Also i think the lord is blesssing me cuz he knows the intent of my heart. that always help. so i have good intentions all the time. haha. I dont like having a ZL comp. it is so difficult. some days i dont get study, food, or excersice all in the same day. it sucks so bad. i was telling dad about it but it should be a fun challenge and help me become a better missionary. Read my Patriartical Blessing and you will know what i am talking about. i am sure i have alot to learn from him. that's what i think. good leadership training.

I love you so much. i am sorry that my card to you wont get there probably until the end of Next week. but i am sending one to you. I love you and hope that you enjoi it. i think you will. I hope that you had a fun time up in seattle with your sisiters. What all did you guys do? dad was saying you hav ebeen away from home more than you have been at home this summer. i say you deserve it because all of the service you have given to other people. YOu are the best mom. i sure love you alot. I wish paul would of bought tickets for you guys to come to tokyo instead of seattle. that would of been so much more fun. and you might of been able to see me haha. but i hope you had a good time and that all was wellI love you so much mom. I am grateful for everything that you do for me. you are such a great example to me. i really look up to everything you do. i cant wait to see you and the rest of the family again. only less than 600 days. i was thinking today. Hey its july. My family goies to MT. Graham in July. and then i was like Dang it. I love Mt. Graham so much. i miss it alot. it is by far my favorite place in the world. it is so beautiful. i cant wait to go back and enjoi it. its something i am looking forward to alot.

Anyways. i hope you like this email and enjoi your week. i am looking forward to a great and happy week. thats what i wnat it to be. i cant wait til next week when i get to read an email from you. but until then, God Be With You always!!!!

Love YOur Son,
Elder Kurt Van De Graaff

No comments:

Post a Comment