Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

29 January 2013::

Well i dont know where to start. I think first ill comment on your email. HOLY CRAP!!! Janalyn had her baby!!! THats nuts. I thought i would be there when she had navy.Dang it. Do you realize when i come home that there will be 3 new members of the family that i have never met before? I am glad taht Janalyn is doing good and that all is well. Ill pray for them. WHen did Sam get home? Holy crap. He is already home and will be living in our home when i get home. Tlak aobut a blessing. Im glad that he'll be there when i get home. It'll hlep so much. I love him too. About the rooms, i can really careless on which room i get. Maybe the bigger one will be cool. Anything will be better than what i am living in right now. haha. But ya. i am excited to see him. Hiro is still in the hospital. I doubt that he will be released before my mission is over. But keep praying for him.
So my week was pertty good i quess. I know that the Lord is acceptign my service becasue on Tuesday we found 3 new gators. we met the smartest guy in Japan and ALex. The smartest guy in Japan claims that he is the smartest and is actually very intellectual. He spoke to us for 45 minutes in all english and he was saying words bigger than what i knew. He used to teach at some universities here in Japan and in London. He is a super nice guy but we cant get ahold of him becasue he is moving back to london next month and has no phone. But he usually calls us. So we shall see whats up with him. ALex is super cool. He is from AMerica and he really reminds me of Justin. He is just super laid back and understands us. He came to church yesterday and enjoied himself. We are going to meet him tomorrow and plan a huge bike ride. He doesnt have a job and bikes everywhere so i wnat to do a big one before i leave japan. So we are going to plan one. haha. It will be fun. We will also talk to him about church stuff. Dont worry. But ya. ON Friday we had a zone conference and it was actually pretty good but they talked aobut alot of stuff that want really apply to me anymore. Like missionary records, baptismal records, and finding. It was pretty funny. a AP who is on his 10th transfer was talking aobut te new way to fill out baptismal records and stuff. Everybody was writing it down and i wasnt cuz i am going home and will never do that again. WEll, he looked at me and asked, "arent you going to write it down?' My reply was "no". It was pretty funny i htink. But ya. It was a good training. I had to give my last testimony in front of missionaries. IT was pretty good. Pres. Budge asked for a copy of it. But i really love my mission and am going to miss it alot. I am excited to talk about it more with you guys when you are here. Saturday was way fun. Soko, one of my recent converts,came to Yamate and took us out to lunch. He is goin to China on the 1st of February and we wont see eachother again before i leave so he wanted to hang out before we depart. It was super fun and i really enjoied it. We had some good talk and it was just really fun. It meant alot to me to spend that time with him. I love him alot. Yesterday was pretty tiring acutally. After sacrament, i went back to an area i served in over a year and 1 month ago. It is called Kawagoe. I was only lthere for 1 transfer and i thought it was just a really cruddy transfer teaching and finding wise. Well i quess i was wrong. It was a seed planting tranfer because yesterday there was a baptism. A man named Asai got baptized. He met me and my comp on 28 November 2011 on the street and only talked to us for about 20 min. He told us he had no interest but we got his phone number. Well 10 weeks ago the elders called him and since then he has been going to church and yesterday he got baptized. When i walked into the the room, Asai totally lightened up and he was excited that i came. He really enjoied it as well as me. I got to stand in his conformation circle. I was really suprised that the ward remembered me. They all remembered my name and that i was a cowboy. haha. THe bishop still doesnt like me for some reason. haha. But it was a good day. I love seeing the fruit of the labor. Especially when you planted the seed. Today has been pretty chill. We had some mexican food and then went window shopping. I have to figure out stuff i want to get before i leave Japan. But i just feel weird becasue it doenst feel like my mission is going to end. I have to start thinking about that stuff so when you guys come i can be prepared. But that was my week pretty much. Nothing special. Last night we walked down this main street but it was not a good street. Almost the whole way we just saw signs on front of doors that said, if you arent 18 you cant enter. It was like the Red Light District of Las Vegas but in Japan. It was pretty sad. We actually got waved down by some pimps to go into there house. It is pretty sad. Thats why we dont go there very often. I am on my last 2 weeks. The week after next i will see you guys. So CRAZY!!! I am actually pretty nervous to see you guys. I havent talked to you in real life in 2 years. Do you realize that? that is weird to me. But i am super excited.
ok about the trains. So you go everywhere in Tokyo by trains. I have my own train pass but i use the money that the church gives to me. So when my mission ends, i wont have that money. You said that the NEX and Suica package is good but i think the other one is better. YOu will need much more than 2000 yen for extra travel if you get the NEX package. We will be using JR lines most of the time. But if i were you, i would get the one that costs $299.00 per person. If you do that, we can go anywhere we wnat. Its unlimited. The NEX package one i htink is to and from the airport with 2000 extra yen. That isnt very good as in we will be going everywhere by trian. That is my personal opinoin. President Budge also said that exchanging your money at the airport is your best bet. But just to let you know, you cna use credit cards here in Japan. Not all stores take them, but alot of them do. I know that we really need to plan this trip so i will prob. check my email 2-3 of times a week to answer questions you might have A.S.A.P..
I love you so much mom and dad. I am so excited for you guys to come here. You will love it i am sure. I am also sure you will see things that you dont agree with and will be very suprised. The dress is very different. Just warning you. If you have any questions or anything, please let me know. I dont know the office email, but i will give you Sister Budges email address. You can talk things over with her. it is budgeshimai@ldsmail.net. I hope you guys can get things fiqured out. Sorry i cant hlep to much. Im still a missionary and dont know to much about stuff. That is part of my calling. haaha. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment