Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Monday, January 7, 2013

01 january 2012::


Man i wish i would of got this email out to you earlier. There has been a huge change in my mission. I got transfered. And so did Elder Call. Quess where i went? I went back to my old area in Yamate. This will be my 5th transfer here. I was so happy. I am also companions with an Elder i lived with in Urayasu for 3 transfers, Elder Allred. We are great friends. I am way scared though. He isnt the most diligent missionary and is really easy going. I can totally see us doing great things but missing out on some oppurtunites if we arent doing our best. I am way scared for that cuz this is my last transfer too. I can see me not trying m hardest. But I have made a resolve that i want to do my best. I also want my new comp to come to love his mission as much as i love mine. I really like him alot and i dont want anyting bad in between us. I was sad when i got transfered here. I walked in the door and the apartment was filthy. I had worked so hard to keep it clean before but when i gto tranfered, the other elders didnt clean it and what not. Some missionaries are just missing out on the growing oppurtunities found on the misison. For example, most missionaries think that since they are only in an area for 3-6 months, they dont need to clean. SO most of them dont. THey are going to suffer when they get married and live on there own. This is one lesson that i have come to love on my mission. I know it will help me so much when i come home. Needless to Say, i spent a couple of hours cleaning the apartment. It looks like it was when i was here. no worries.
 So it pretty much hit me that i am on my last transfer. i have like 40 days left in my mission. It also accured to me that i cna have permission to bend some rules. Like there is some stores that i am not aloud in becasue it will drag away focus. Only missionaries on their last transfer can go in. But i dont have any money, i cant pull any out because my card expired, and i have no desire to go in to those stores. I also dont want to loose focus. I fasted on sunday that i will be able to see a baptism before i go home. I really wnat one. But ya. It hit me that i do need to start seeing more of Japan and gettign more cool stuff but i just dont have the money. Ill figure something out. But ya. How cool is it tha ti am back in Yamate. WHen you guys come to visit it will be so nice because i will already be here and you can see where i am at in like 1 day. It is AWESOME!!! Such a big blessing. I am going to miss Elder Call so much though. I love him so much. He is one of my favorite companions. I am also going to miss being in a 4 man apart. They are so much fun. Not much else to say. I am a bit scared of this upcoming transfer. I have so many good memories here in Yamate. I dont want to make bad ones. haah. I love this place so much. Walking down the streets and wnat not bring back so many good memories that i miss so much. It brings me to tears becasue it makes me so happy and i loved it so much. Oh talking aobut lod things, ELder Crowther became AP. You should send him an email and let him know how much i love him. Elder Chen is in the same ZOne as Elder Crowther and ELder Call is in the area right above Elder Crowther. So when you guys come it will be super easy to see all of them and go out to eat with them. THat is one thing i want to do. I want you to meet all my companions and go out to eat with them. I really wnat that. ELder Hansen is the only far one. But we will fiqure something out. Well i have not to much else to say except i love you. I am so grateful for you. I really am. I loved our phone call last week. It was great. Japan doesnt do to much expect drink and party for new years. Except here in Yamate people go to the bay and watch the sunrise. THe y go as couples. I didnt go because i have another longterm goal, working out and getting in shape for coming home. I ran 3.5 miles today and i am going to look amazing when you see me. I do have pictures from the sunrise thing. So no worries. I love you mom and dad. Ill talk to you next week.
Better to BURN out than to fade away. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment