Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

12 september 2012::

Thanks for the email. I am going to take some time and write a bit aobut my thoughts and stuff on when i finish. It is really sad that my mission is coming to a close. I have loved it here. I really dont want to leave, but i know sooner or later i have too. I have gotten my "Dead Letter" this past week and i have decided that i will go home in February. I know that Hunter will be baptized some tiem in February and i really want to see taht. I also know Kendi will have an opera that i could probably see. SO February works best for everyone and that is waht i am going to do. About Japan, I think it would be best if we had 1 hotel the entire time we are here. We mainly travel by trains here in Tokyo and since i am a ZL in Tokyo, i know them pretty dang well. Now saying that, You are probably going to want to get a hotel that is in more of the middle of Tokyo. Even though tokyo is relativly small it takes time to get to places. I live just on the out skirt of Tokyo and it takes me about 50 min to get to the center by train. So if you pick somewhere like the East side, it could take awhile to get to some places. So the best bet is somewhere in the Middle of Tokyo. Here is another thought i had. I was thinking you guys can come on to my last Sunday in Japan so you can see me talk in Sacrament and stuff. That would be February 10th. Here is the trick. I am 1 day a head of you. SO you would have to be in Japan on February 9th or Dads birthday. This was just a thought, so let me know. But i know that it is super expensive here and i was thinking if you were on Sunday, we could leave earlier in the week. maybe on the 14th or 15th. Here is an example, if we left on the 14th in Japan at 12:00, we would get back on the 14th in America at 11:00. It is crazy on how everything works. Just let me know what you think. As for what we would do, I am right with you, i want to introduce you to people that i have baptized, the some of the people in Yamate ward in Yokohama, some cool places in Tokyo, and introduce to my previos comps. So it is a good thing that i havent transferd that much. But there is maily 2 places i want to take you to. Let me know. I am very excited aobut seeing you all again and this whole thing. You will love it here.
 
I am doing very well by the way. This week was very interesting. Well i mean yesterday was very interesting. On Tuesday we found out that our golden investigators, Soko, girlfriend is against him being baptized. She acutally said taht if did, they were through. I was devistated. SO i fasted for him. It proved very well too. On saturday we went to a Sri Lankan festival in central Tokyo. It would of been fun but i had a differnt expirence. A guy came up to us and starting talking to us. Well he was christian but fell away. It was way interesting to see him and all his arquments. But the interesting thing was just noticing how mucht the Adversary has control on him. On the LDS website, Elder Bednar has 3 great videos that talk aobut the Light of Christ. It was just way cool to see that every thing Elder Bednar talks about, was true. It definatley built up my testimony.  I dont like talking to Americans that much here. It seems all the ones who fall away come here because religion is so messed up, they feel they can runaway here. WRONG!!! Anyways, Yesterday is the real interesting part. We had Elder Yamashita of the 70 in the ward and he spoke every period. It was amazing. During sunday skool, he talked aobut eternal marriage and it was amazing. After that Soko came up to us and said that everything that we were teaching him made sense and that he needs to conitnue learning. It was Amazing. Our prayers and fast were answered. I told you it proved to be very well. In 3rd period, Elder Yamashita continued talking about the roles of parents inthe hom and what not. Well in church we had 4 investigators. The sisters in our ward also had a woman just walk in and participate this is where it gets interesting.
 
This girl was dressed liek a prostitute. She had very long blonde hair, with a mini skirt and a cut off shirt. That kinda of dress is normal though. She was in her 30's i think.  I said hi and welcomed her to church. She was very natural with everything so i thought she was a member that hadnt been to church in awhile. Well i went up and talked to her more after the sacrament and found out she wasnt a member and she had been to church once. After church, we had a linger longer. I was BRTing (Building Relationships of Trust) and getting to know this person. But i think i might have done that a bit to much. We were talking and i asked where she was from, Nagyoya. I asked how long she had been here in tokyo, about 2 years was the reply. I asked if she was going back to Nagyoya, she said ya. Asked her age and she didnt reply. Then it turnded to me. How long have i been here, 1.5 years. When will i go back to america, 5 months. Age, 20. People cant believe that. Remember, this is all after church where we just talked about families and marriage. This is where it went downhill. She looked at me and told me that i needed to stay. I said i want to but my visa will end and i have to go. She said no, my dad works for the government, he can help. She continued, LETS MAKE BABIES. Then you will have to stay. We will be married and just make lots and lots of babies and we can live in Nagyoya. It was super funny but really awkward. I tried to change the subject and get her talking to the sisters. I told her that one of the sisters was super cool and introduced her. That sister then told her(gator) how cool i was and what not. (poor choice of words on her part) The gator then replied, "I know, we are going to make babies and have  a huge family, and just make babies". It was funny. But way awkward. They started talking and i just walked away. I have never in my life had some one tell me that they want to make babies with me. Very interesting day. She is there investigator now and it will be hard avoiding her. We shall see. I am sure you will hear more.
 
All my other gators are doing super well. They are progressing and really want baptism. So keep praying for them. Dont worry aobut me getteing "Trunky" I told you. I commited myself to Burn out than fade away. I am goin to work hard until i go home. The thought of home doesnt get me stressed, the thought of leaving and finishing though gets me sad. I have absoluely loved it here in Japan. I love everyhting. The thought of "not missionary life' is pretty scary too. I dont know what it is like. I cant remember not being a missioanry.  But i am going to be solid until i come home.
 
I cant believe that Bug is going on his mission too. I have asked my president if i can skype home before he leaves so i can talk with him one last time. I really hope that he lets me. If not, i wont see bug for almost 4 years. That is so crazy to me. I love Bug so much. He is going to love his mission. It is a great place. Time really does go by fast. Before you know it, we will all be together as one big family again. Time just goes by so fast.
 
I love you mom. I am grateful for everything that you do for me. I was going to tell you that i need some garments. All mine are yellow. I can buy shirts here, but the bottoms that i wear and like, the distributive center doesnt sell. I like the silky ones like Kamas. If you could send some, i would be super happy. All mine are very gross and disgusting and i need new ones. My size is Medium. I love you so much. I hope that you ahve a great week. I will be praying for you always. I am very excited about the upcoming months. It is so exciting. Ill talk with you next week. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment