Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Thursday, April 19, 2012

17 April 2012::

Have i told you how much i love you. I feel like i havent told you that in a really long time. I really mean it. I love you so much. I really miss you alot too. I really cant wait until mothers day to talk with you and the rest of the family. Thank you for all that you do for me. I really appreciate everything. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Sorry taht i havent written you yet. TOday was pday not yesterday. I emailed dad at dinner time cuz i knew that my email time was going to be scarce. But I am totally fine. Just been super busy.

It was super good to hear about everything that is happening down in the AZ!!! I cant wait to go back. I love Japan. I really do. BUt i love AZ even more. SO about the questions. I didnt get the girl baptized!!! Not yet!!! I did get ahold of CHirs Callender and he sent me an email back so we are now in touch. an answer to my prayers. I know that i have been really blessed here in this mission. I am grateful for it so much. I just hope i can always remember that it is the Lord working through me and it is not me doing all of it. I cant forget that.
I am so glad for all of my freidns. I love all of them so much. I cant wait to hang or do stuff with them again. I really want to. I miss them alot and the memories that i have made. But i also love hanging out with my brothers as well. They are awesome. I think i like doing stuff more than with my freinds. I cant wait.

ANyway, my week was pretty much the usual. We had tons fo finding time but no new investigators. It is driving me crazy. I know that this is the Lords work and it is all up to him but i really feel like i am doing something wrong. I havent done anything different than i have done before. It is just a super hard time on me right now. Tuesday was probably the worst day. We had a white day. We decided to go to the store buy some snacks for a member( Recent Convert, Ini) and visit her. I wanted her ot feel that we, the missionaries, still love her. ANyways, we went and started streeting. Well nobody was listenign to us at all. It was like a 2 hour walk. We talked to at least over 80 people and not one listened. Then we finally get to her house and she isnt home. SO we had to leave a note and then start our trek back. I was wasted at this time. I went up to a guy, he stopped, and then i introduced myself and pur my hand to shake. Well he was going to shake then everything registered in his head and he pulled his hand away from mine as if i had a disease and then ran away. I was so frustrated. I do not like those kind of people at all. They think church related things are horrible and they dont even want to touch it. I was frustrated.

Wednesday we did have a lesson with the girl, Lili. She is super cool. Well the lesson was super good. We found out a ton of new information. We taught the Sabbath day holy and Commandments. Well what we learned is this, SHe leaves here in Japan by herself. She has to pay for EVERYTHING herself. Japan and Yokohama in itself is super expensive. Her parents dont support her and they have a way bad relationship. Well in order for her to support herself she has to work alot. She broke down in tears and just told us how happy she has been since meeting us and how she wants to come to church and be baptized but she said that she has to work on sunday after 5pm to go to work and that she has so many billd (school, food, phone, etc.) That tithing would be way hard. We didnt even teach tithing and she knew it. It was a great time for us to bear powerful testimony and just promise her tons of blessings. It was super good. She commited to be baptized this upcoming Sunday after church. It might be my last sunday here so it will be super cool. But ya, I really love Lili alot. She told me that when i get married, she better get a invitation. She is definetily someone i want to hang out with after my mission. She is super cool. I wish you could meet her. SUper funny too. Ahh, I love her.

Thursday i got graded as a trainer as we had a new missionary conference. It was fun to get together and stuff.

Friday we had DM and then another full 3 hours of streeting. We went up to Yokohama train station. Up there, there is a all you can eat Pizza place. We met our investigator Suzuki there for dinner at 4. It was pretty fun to street up to there. We talked to some people from Scotland and it was fun. We met with Suzuki and then pounded down Pizza. I think everyone was suprised how much i ate. I know i was gettin looks from all the girl workers. Hahaha. THey are so attracted to americans here. It is so funnY. Japanese people eat a lot differently than americans. I didnt even eat that much but yet they were blown away because it was liek 4 times there amount. I just loved the looks i was getting from girls working at the place. They were looks of they wanted me. haha. After that we went into a shop and looked around with Suzuki. It was way fun. We looked at knives and stuff and i felt like i was back at home with dad or my borhters. Looking at knives. I have decided i want to buy a Japanese knife before i come home. They are sweet looking. I then took Chen choro to the pie shop so he could have the deliciousness. I didnt get anything. I was then again looked at and talked about by all the girls we were next to. This is a very common thing for me. Haha. Elder Chen has told me some girls he stands to in trains look at me and just admire me for my hair, muscle, skinny, being american, etc. Way funny but super dangerous.

Saturday was another full day of streeting until 4. I met some americans doing a thing called "Semester at Sea". Look it up. It sounds super funn. Anwya at 5.30 we had a baptism. Suzuki got baptized. I was able to do the performance and he sure was grateful. Apparently he has changed so much in the last month and a half and his own mom is usper suprised. He is going to be a great member. I just know. I really love him alot. SUnday was church. Yesterday we had another full day of streeting. I took Elder CHen to the park with the HUGE slide. THen we went and visited Jenny Shimai.

TOday i am super homesick. We went to the Temple and did a session and then went into SHibuya for Lunch. Well SHibuya you see, hear, and smell everything about home. I just saw clothes i used to wear, music i used to listen too, girls i wanted to date. It just isnt healthy. On top of that. I havent been feeling super good. I think i am getting super stressed about nonesince stuff. I am really worried about my Japanese for my age in the Mission, I am worried about Transfers, and i am worried about my weight. I have also been thinking about my past misison and now and feel it is different and just feel miserable. I konw this is from a bad source. I think i am just not feeling very well. I havent eaten alot either. We went to a all you can eat after the tmeple and i just had a little. Oh, do you any of my brothers or dad know about a movie that deals with the Titans. It looks super cool. It is avbout a guy going and fighting all the different Titans of the ancient Greece Gods. YOu should let me know. It looks super good.

Ya transfers are in 6 days. I really hope that i get transfered. I really love it here in Yamate but the area is super small. Everything is getting really old and i need a new thrill. I have been here for 4.5 months now. I need to get away from the city too. THe city has lots of all you cna eat restraunts and country doesnt. SO it will help with my wiet. Also, i think there is a girl in english class that really likes me. THat is a bit dangerous. I really hop ethat i do get transferd. I really want to. I need a new thrill of a new area. I love Elder Chen but he is a fantastic missionary. They are opening up a new area that hasnt been open since the big earthquake. That is over a year. I really hope i go up there. It is called Mito. I really want to go.

I love you so much. Sorry this is all over the place. I dont have alot of time. I just want to let you know that i care about and love you with all my heart. I cant wait till i get to see you agian. YOu can tell that i am having a bit of a hard time. Please pray that i will get the strwength that i need to Endeavor to Persevere. I love you so much mom. I will let you know if i get transfered or not. I hope i do. I love you lots. Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment