Called to serve in the Tokyo-Japan Mission

Thursday, April 12, 2012

08 April 2012::

So your email about Kamas was really funny and it made me laugh out loud. haha. that is so kamas. DO you want ot hear something really sad? I will tell you. I forgot that this weekened was Easter. haha. Does that answer your question for you? THey dont really celebrate Easter over here. Not at all actually. I was at Jenny's house on Friday for Dinner and she wished me a Good Friday and i was stunned. I totally forgot about that. Then on Saturday another Elder told me that Sunday was Easter. I was blown away. I totally forgot about hte Holiday of Easter. They really dont have a spring holiday but right now all the Sakura or Cherry blossoms are blooming and it is super pretty and smells super good. So everyone goes and sees those. I am trying to get a few laminated. Also in May they have a week called Golden Week. IT is jsut a bunch of holidays reight in a row. SO that is is about Holidays in the Spring time. Or at leawst that i know of. I really dont know has a missionary because the only day i "get off" is p-day. It was good to hear about the campout. I think i was a bigger winner htan Bug! haha. My egg (Card) has $200 in it. haha. I just havent gotten it yet.

As far as the music goes, i definatley want the birds. The rest is up to your choice. I never really listned to "church music" before my mission so i dont know what there is. It just has to invite the spirit and be good. Cant be like Mercy Me or Jericoh Road.

So conference was super good. We had our investigator, Suzuki, go. We both loved it. He is divoreced from his family and alot of the talks were about Eternal Families and stuff. He told me that he loved that. I did to actualy. I love the talks about family but i dont think it was my favorite. It was super cool to have conference on Easter too. But since Japanese dont really celebrate the holiday it felt like a normal day. ON saturday after the first session, our Zone went and got some ramen. It gave me some WAY bad gas. I was murdering poeple haha. THen after the 2nd session we went and got meat and rice. Japanese fast food called gyudon. It was way good. I havent had it in like 8 weeks. Missionaries here usually have it like once a week because it is fast and cheap. During Preisthood, iw as really impressed with Elder Hollands talk about working in the Vineyard. I loved how he ended it too. So bold. For Easter I tried to make Elder CHen an omolet but i failed miserably so we had scambled eggs and meat and vegeis. haha. But it was pretty good. My favorite session was the 2nd session. My favortie speaker was M. Russell Ballard or O. Vincet Haleck. I really liked both of their talks. Elder Ballard talked about the Spiritual GPS and then Elder Haleck talked about our struggles and stuff. It was like the 2 went hand in hand. I also like the Speaker who talked about missionaries and getting LETTERS!!!! What he said was true. You should tell that to my siblings. IT was super good.

I cant belive that Bug is becoming an Elder. THat is so crazy. I was thinking the other day taht he is goin to get his misison call pretty soon. I am way excited to hear where he will go. I am hoping he comes to Japna. It is a great place. i love it here so much.

My week was pretty good. It was pretty normal acutally. On Monday i had splits and went ot another area. 1st time i have slept in anohter apt. in over 8 weeks. so long. On tuesday it started raining and we went to Yokohama train station (way big) to meet up wiht the others elders. Well the storm got so severe that they closed the trains down and then we got mail from the APs telling us to go in to our apts. becuase it was to dangerous. Well we were in a train station. SO we went and got all you can eat pizza and then went window shopping. haha. It was pretty fun until we had to go. THe subways were still going so we went to the closest train station to our apt. It is about 20 min walk. Well we started going and the storm got really bad. We were drenched. It was so much. I took some pictures and a vidoe that you will see. Then on Wednesday some random dude saw us and ran into the middle of the street to stop us. He met the missionaries 20 years ago and totally changed his life. He was super happy and super nice. He took us out on thursday to a all you cna drink place. it was pretty fun. They had all sorts of drinks. But this place was in HELL. yup. He took us to the worst part in that area i was tellin you about a couple of weeks ago. We just had to look down or at ourinvestigatos face the entire time. Friday we had district meeting andthen the zone leaders asked us to joint for a 45 minute lesson. We had dinner with Jenny at 5. Well hte lesson wasnt 45 min. It was like almost 2 hours. We got out of the lesson at 5:30 and were aobut 45 minutes away from our area. So we called Jenny and told her we were going to be late. We ran. Got the fastest train and then rain to Jennys house. Elder CHen was dead tired. Jenny was AWESOME. We had MEXICAN FOOD!!! I was so happy. It was so good. I love her so much. She is the best. She wanted me to teach them how to make tacos cuz i was from Az. I taught them how to cook the tortillas on the stove and warm them up. THey loved it. Well we got out of her house at 8:53 pm and curfew was at 9. So we ran agian. haha. We made it with 15 seconds to spare. haha. I dont htink Elder Chen likes me. haha. Saturday after conference we ahd the same issue and had to run home. Running in church clothes really makes you feel like a misisonary. Sunday after conference we had a dinner/lesson with suzuki about his Baptimal Interview which is today. It was so good and he will pass which means he will be baptized on saturday night. We had curry for dinner. THat was my Easter Dinner. We then had a lesson wiht Panda's Girlfreind Lili. I really like her and she is awesome. Super funny. She told me ahta when i get married she better get a wedding invitation. We talked about marriage and bad sexual stuff becasue we had to teach her the Law of Chastity. She is so awesome. I hope both Panda and Lili can come to America to visit. Anyway, we told her that we wanted her to be baptizd on 21 April. She said she wanted to. So in her prayer she asked God to help her do all she can that she can get baptism on that day. Way BOMB~!!!!! Today we went and played football and ulitmate frisbee with our district. It was so fun but super windy. That was about my week.

Dad gave me Chris Callenders emial address and i wrote him an email. I am so happy. THank you tahnk you thank you. I have been praying htat i could get into contact with my freidns and that is an anser to my prayers. The only one left is Curtis Christensen. I hope he si doing good.

So i am doing vvery well and keepping praying for the gift of tongues. the longer i am here the more i love Japan. I really do. The thought of coming home has gotten scary. But i do need some things. I need Cologne if you want to send some. haha. I love you so much. I hope that i didnt forget anything in this email. I was thinking about alot of things i needed to tell you but i forgot. Guess they werent important. But i love you so much. I cant wait til mothers day! Only 1 month left. its coming so fast. Oh today i have been on my mission for 1 year and 1 month. Crazy. Happy Easter!!!! Take care and know i love you.

Your American Samurai,

No comments:

Post a Comment